Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Just heard Incinerate for the first time!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.18.2006, 03:59 PM   #21
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to Incinerate on that myspace page. The streaming sound is pretty horrible to me. I think I'll wait to listen to Reena until it comes out
Old 04.18.2006, 04:37 PM   #22
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
I heard Du u believe in rapture on the BBC show that aired today, it's an amazing song. The instrumentation was a bit sparse but it rather ripped my ears off : Thurston's vocals are gems on this one. Incinerate is good too but there's a line that doesn't sound like sonic youth that lasts only 3 seconds but ruins half of the song : he went like 'oooh yeaahh' like some r'n'b singers go when they have nuthin to say and I was thinking 'what has gotten into you Thurston?'. Don't you think that some tracks have cool titles that make u imagine they're gonna be instant classics,even though u know they may suck when u hear them for the first time, u know like 'Turquoise boy'.
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 05:11 PM   #23
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
I think in general, on Rather Ripped, Kim's songs > Thurston's songs.
Old 04.18.2006, 05:33 PM   #24
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Incinerate sounds awesome to me and as many have said, it's pretty catchy.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 05:57 PM   #25
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
I think most if not all you guys are fucking liars. I'm willing to bet majority of the people who say, "I haven't heard the songs, I'm just going to wait until it comes out" are liars.

Heck, I don't believe in "Downloaded music" and I even got curious. I'm still going to buy it, but there's quite a bit of "pretentiousness" in SY fans that seem to feel they have to "make a statement" with whatever they say, do, or even listen to, like claiming their favorite bands to be some obscure unknown guy from Japan or New Zealand who makes music in his room who has never played live that they just heard of because Thurston dropped his name in an interview.

This is why SY fans are way too predictable.

If you don't want to be predictable, do this: be fucking honest.

No need to "impress" anyone, nobody's impressed.

The honest people are the people I'm most impressed with.

On that note, RATHER RIPPED has made me remember why I love Sonic Youth and why I didn't like 2 of the last 3 albums they did.

They got back to what they're best at.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 06:12 PM   #26
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Honesty, eh? I'm really, really not going to download it. Because I really, really don't have that much anticipation and I'm expecting I'm not going to like it because I still don't like Nurse. Because, really, really honestly, life really, really is too short to care about really, really unimportant things. Really, really it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 06:14 PM   #27
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
you utter prick. i believe most people still haven't downloaded. i didn't download nurse or murray street. you whine about "McKids" downloading albums and then yr too fucking impatient to wait for the official release of Rather Ripped yrself and criticise everyone else. fucking pathetic.
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 06:20 PM   #28
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
incinerate is baaaaaad baaaaaad song.
i love it.
havent heard the other ones (just the ones on myspace and bbc6)

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 07:32 PM   #29
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
If people say that they are not going to download the album it's not to make a fucking "statement." Why would someone lie? I think you are pretty wrong on that one khchris.....I think you might be assuming a little bit to much there. For me, I know that I want to hear it for the first time as they intended for it to sound and not on some shitty mp3. A lot of us like to wait! It's shouldn't be that hard to believe......this is a SY fan forum.
Old 04.18.2006, 07:59 PM   #30
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
you utter prick. i believe most people still haven't downloaded. i didn't download nurse or murray street. you whine about "McKids" downloading albums and then yr too fucking impatient to wait for the official release of Rather Ripped yrself and criticise everyone else. fucking pathetic.

"McKids" has nothing to do with "downloading albums before they came out".

Either go back to school, take some reading and comprehension classes, or don't bother reading anything I say because obviously "McKids" was way over your head, way too intelligent for you to understand.

So why even try?

If you think you understand what I said and the whole point of my theory, explain it scout. (I doubt you will in fear of being embarrassed)

Next.
Old 04.18.2006, 08:08 PM   #31
khchris(original)
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
If people say that they are not going to download the album it's not to make a fucking "statement." Why would someone lie? I think you are pretty wrong on that one khchris.....I think you might be assuming a little bit to much there. For me, I know that I want to hear it for the first time as they intended for it to sound and not on some shitty mp3. A lot of us like to wait! It's shouldn't be that hard to believe......this is a SY fan forum.

Um...you know, you can download WAV files.

I also said "majority", not all.

Most SY fans are too easy to predict. All you have to do is understand that everything they say or do is for a specific reason and not because it's who they are. But maybe "who they are" are people they want to be perceived but not.

Everyone here downloads songs on the internet, I've had debates about the culture of downloading music. And now, all of a sudden, these same "fans" who procaim downloaded music is "the wave of the future" are now "closing their eyes" and avoiding the "Sonic Youth-Rather Ripped" search bar?

Please.

I don't know if people downloaded the entire album, but I'm wiling to bet EVERY SINGLE SY FAN HERE that downloads music that supports the advancement of digital media and downloaded music in particular, HAS infact done a search for Rather Ripped and probably has downloaded a track or two.

Remember: people can say whatever they want, but what you have to do is look at the big picture. The big picture is this: majority of the fans here support "file sharing" and "downloading music" and do it on a daily basis.

These same fuckers are trying to play "angel fan" and say they have not downloaded any tracks and are "waiting"???

Bullshit, I just call all you liars out, MF'ers.

Too easy...too easy.

Look: don't bitch & complain about people "talking about the album" because some asshole posted the yousendit link to download the album.

Because some of you guys who complained are the same hypocrites who download albums that you never bought.

Don't be a hypocrite.
Old 04.18.2006, 08:18 PM   #32
krastian
invito al cielo

True, I know you said majority, but still. Give us some credit man! Do you think I am one of the predictable fans you are talking about? Am I one of the liars you are calling out? I'm just curious.

Edit: Nevermind man, I don't care if you think I am a liar or not.....that is up to the Virgin Mary.
Old 04.18.2006, 08:22 PM   #33
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
I don't know if people downloaded the entire album, but I'm wiling to bet EVERY SINGLE SY FAN HERE that downloads music that supports the advancement of digital media and downloaded music in particular, HAS infact done a search for Rather Ripped and probably has downloaded a track or two.
Well, I guess, in my case, it depends on what you mean by supporting 'the advancement of digital media and downloaded music'. I think it is great to download song or two to see what bands you like and don't like. Just today I downloaded 3 songs from Rites of Springs because I have never heard them before. Maybe I'll go buy an album, maybe not, it's too early to tell. But I never download whole albums, other than once. I did it with Big Black-Songs about Fucking, because my parents wouldn't let me buy it. I did the same with Sonic Youth when I first was listening to them. I haven't heard any of Rather Ripped other than the two songs on Myspace.

So what do you mean by: "supports the advancement of digital media and downloaded music"?
Old 04.18.2006, 08:55 PM   #34
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Most SY fans are too easy to predict. All you have to do is understand that everything they say or do is for a specific reason and not because it's who they are. But maybe "who they are" are people they want to be perceived but not.

Really? Most SY fans I know (myself included) are pretty honest people and the complete opposite.
Old 04.18.2006, 09:20 PM   #35
Proud Marie
little trouble girl

Proud Marie ain't too shabby
Allright khchris, im gonna set you straight here. Its not just because they are mp3s that they sound bad, its because they have a low bitrate, and the same goes for WAVs, so your whole apreciation of sound quality goes down the shitter with that one because you obviously cant recognize the difference.

Also, why do you have to make some condescending statement about us being predictable, just to place your self on some pedistal and make your self feel like you have purpose or significance. You did the same shit on the old board with your "real fans by SY CDs" thread. I think youre the predictable one.

Fuck you very much, sir. btw i havent downloaded anything of Rather Ripped yet and I dont intend to until it comes out, believe my if you choose. However your very good at reading people's minds via the internet and detecting their lies, so Im sure you will see right through this.
Proud Marie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 02:07 AM   #36
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I think most if not all you guys are fucking liars. I'm willing to bet majority of the people who say, "I haven't heard the songs, I'm just going to wait until it comes out" are liars.

Heck, I don't believe in "Downloaded music" and I even got curious. I'm still going to buy it, but there's quite a bit of "pretentiousness" in SY fans that seem to feel they have to "make a statement" with whatever they say, do, or even listen to, like claiming their favorite bands to be some obscure unknown guy from Japan or New Zealand who makes music in his room who has never played live that they just heard of because Thurston dropped his name in an interview.

This is why SY fans are way too predictable.

If you don't want to be predictable, do this: be fucking honest.

No need to "impress" anyone, nobody's impressed.

The honest people are the people I'm most impressed with.

On that note, RATHER RIPPED has made me remember why I love Sonic Youth and why I didn't like 2 of the last 3 albums they did.

They got back to what they're best at.

jesus, don't be such a drama queen. Do you serious thrive on confrontation? why would ppl have to lie about downloading the new SY or not? everyone is just discussing the 2 new songs that SY decided to release on their myspace and you have to turn it into an argument. You should really grow up and get off yr high horse.
ozZuB-ginK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 02:25 AM   #37
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think most if not all you guys are fucking liars.

nice way to enter this thread... why do you always have to make an argument out of everything? and why do you fucking care so much about what other people are doing or not doing?

you're such a dick.

(i downloaded the new album btw.)
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 02:47 AM   #38
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Ha ha ha... Khchris is a deeply satirical kinda guy.

Heck, can't you see the humour?.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 06:25 AM   #39
khchris(original)
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Marie
Allright khchris, im gonna set you straight here. Its not just because they are mp3s that they sound bad, its because they have a low bitrate, and the same goes for WAVs, so your whole apreciation of sound quality goes down the shitter with that one because you obviously cant recognize the difference.

Also, why do you have to make some condescending statement about us being predictable, just to place your self on some pedistal and make your self feel like you have purpose or significance. You did the same shit on the old board with your "real fans by SY CDs" thread. I think youre the predictable one.

Fuck you very much, sir. btw i havent downloaded anything of Rather Ripped yet and I dont intend to until it comes out, believe my if you choose. However your very good at reading people's minds via the internet and detecting their lies, so Im sure you will see right through this.

Old 04.19.2006, 06:28 AM   #40
khchris(original)
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
nice way to enter this thread... why do you always have to make an argument out of everything? and why do you fucking care so much about what other people are doing or not doing?

you're such a dick.

(i downloaded the new album btw.)

Just putting the hypocrites to rest, that's all. I could care less if people are downloading the album or not. That's not the issue. The issue is with hypocrites who download albums everyday who lie and say they refuse to download anything on "rather ripped" for the sake of "feeling superior" to those who admitted they do.

I'm quite sorry that was over your head.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth