Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.13.2011, 04:38 PM   #21
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
How IS she punk?
Do I really need to reply to this?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 04:46 PM   #22
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
first off, i'd really appreciate if you don't call me ''bro'' because I'm not your brother. second, how's avril lavigne not fucking punk?

First off, is there any reason for such needless hostility?

Second, re read what I said and what you said....... You've really made an error here br-oh wait I guess I can't use that term........

Third, you like Avril Lavigne. Is this entire board a fucking joke? I can't tell if you people are serious or not with these opinions.
Old 07.13.2011, 04:51 PM   #23
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
says the man who giving 'serious'(?) consideration to the idea that ELP might be the greatest band ever.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 04:54 PM   #24
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
says the man who giving 'serious'(?) consideration to the idea that ELP might be the greatest band ever.
This.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 04:54 PM   #25
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
First off, is there any reason for such needless hostility?

Second, re read what I said and what you said....... You've really made an error here br-oh wait I guess I can't use that term........

Third, you like Avril Lavigne. Is this entire board a fucking joke? I can't tell if you people are serious or not with these opinions.
dude, i don't get why you seem to think that napalm death are immediately related to punk more than avril lavigne. if you don't see it, the joke's on you, right?
Old 07.13.2011, 05:34 PM   #26
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Breaking this down to it's core elements:

Grown men into mall punk vs. Progressive rock

You can read that and not feel ashamed of yourself?
Old 07.13.2011, 05:58 PM   #27
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

no. i don't like avril lavigne and listen to one trillion punk bands your useless, old man-like revisionism won't ever allow you to discover.
Old 07.13.2011, 06:58 PM   #28
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Breaking this down to it's core elements:

Grown men into mall punk vs. Progressive rock

You can read that and not feel ashamed of yourself?

Not liking ELP hardly equates to not like Prog R. There's tonnes of Prog that I like. I just think ELP are appalling.
Old 07.13.2011, 07:01 PM   #29
The Watcher
children of satan

Ha ha? Funny board you guys have here......
Old 07.13.2011, 07:05 PM   #30
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable point
Old 07.13.2011, 07:26 PM   #31
The Watcher
children of satan

Yours was fine..... I didn't refresh the board, it was directed at that other guy...........
Old 07.13.2011, 10:46 PM   #32
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

it is a funny board ''we'' have. you are under the impression i like avril lavigne. haha what a funny old board.
Old 07.14.2011, 12:14 AM   #33
The Watcher
children of satan

I know!!! I can't believe where I get these crazy ideas.... this thread, that thread......... are you joking? Like I give a cat's whiskers......... I don't have the time or energy in determining if you're being sarcastic or not.......

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=53963
Old 07.14.2011, 12:48 AM   #34
The Watcher
children of satan

Back on track.......

I mean, these guys destroy me every time. A rainbow? With a mysterious crystal? Thanks very much I definitely want whatever radical double album you're cooking up...... Is that Shiva I see?

Old 07.14.2011, 08:02 AM   #35
The Watcher
children of satan

I feel like this thread can still be salvaged despite the recent embarrassments that took place - I don't even really care if you don't like them, that's your loss, all I'm trying to do is challenge the popular consensus that their music wasn't good - I mean, anything you read about ELP has more scathing criticism of their excess, but what can you expect from a group of excellent musicians who flawlessly melded classical music in with contemporary rock? Humility? If you could play your instrument that well (be it bass, drums or giant modular synthesizer) you'd fell the need to wear a fucking kimono to the grocery store too.

Now, I think like Opeth and many other excellent and successful progressive rock groups, I find that their fans are possibly the worst part. Have you ever spent any time reading the reviews of their album mastering on amazon.com? I was thinking about upgrading my edition of Pictures A An Exhibition to the double disc set as mine lacks a) the studio version and b) the bonus live disc and so I set out to read the reviews - these weirdos are complaining about the remastering in the most horrifically anal retentive way!! Why!! I'm sure it sounds fine you crazy people!!!

The other thing is when people talk about how Hendrix almost joined, but instead died - that would have been terrible!! I can't even imagine how dull that would have been with four virtuosos wailing away like a bunch of cock-eyed bandits...... three is the perfect number!!
Old 07.14.2011, 10:04 AM   #36
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I used to like Pictures at an Exhibition a lot before I heard the original version. I was quite disappointed when I noticed thereīs so many great pieces in the original version ELP didnīt make version. Somehow I havenīt listened other bands material, maybe heard some song in the radio. Have to listen someday.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2011, 11:55 AM   #37
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
I know!!! I can't believe where I get these crazy ideas.... this thread, that thread......... are you joking? Like I give a cat's whiskers......... I don't have the time or energy in determining if you're being sarcastic or not.......

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=53963
Don't waste your indie snobbery on trying to determine what music I like or don't like. The name of that group was coined by Glice. I take full responsability for starting the first thread on Paris Hilton's music, though.
Old 07.14.2011, 12:00 PM   #38
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

...and the first thread on this forum about Plastic People of The Universe, a band 100 times better than this crap. I do like me some PFM, though.
Old 07.14.2011, 02:16 PM   #39
The Watcher
children of satan

Well great man happy to hear all that stuff about you...... Next time you can even tell me about these trillion bands I've never heard of, we'll make like a fun day out of it..........
Old 07.14.2011, 02:30 PM   #40
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Nope never saw ELP live. My best buddy did and he reported it to me as well as different publications back in the seventies....

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth