Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.20.2016, 04:05 PM   #7461
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the link.
The comments are really funny (as far as my lost Spanish is concerned).
Yeap, I remember Chile winning. And Cavani's face after that little probing you're refering to.

England fielded a team that was... they were ok, they didn't try too hard to score. Slovakia defended well and had good players.
The game looked like Switzerland-France yesterday. As if the leaders were on holiday.
The French didn't lose their top place.
England did. Wales won their match. Well done.
Slovakia should be through.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2016, 12:59 AM   #7462
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
England fielded a team that was... they were ok, they didn't try too hard to score. Slovakia defended well and had good players.
The game looked like Switzerland-France yesterday. As if the leaders were on holiday.
The French didn't lose their top place.
England did. Wales won their match. Well done.
Slovakia should be through.

Slovakia was horrible, they had trouble passing and were really lucky we have the point. Anyway, against a team as strong as England, it's always a good achievement.
Nathaniel Clyne was in top form yesterday, he caused big problems to our left defence.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2016, 04:48 AM   #7463
frades
children of satan

frades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's asses
am I the only one who thinks there is a fault for england at 83:14 in the game between england and slovakia at UEFA euro 2016 (http://www.tf1.fr/tf1/euro-2016-de-f...ngleterre.html) ?
frades is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2016, 09:55 AM   #7464
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Mmm... I didn't see a fault at that moment.
One of the best things of that game was the English support singalong, for almost 15 minutes. Really enjoyable.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2016, 11:06 AM   #7465
frades
children of satan

frades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
Mmm... I didn't see a fault at that moment.
One of the best things of that game was the English support singalong, for almost 15 minutes. Really enjoyable.

I won't be more royalist than the king. just curious about what is the real definition of a hand play
frades is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2016, 10:11 PM   #7466
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
...aaaaaaaaaand CONCACAF did the best they could. Which is not much. At all.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2016, 02:21 AM   #7467
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
yeah the carriage of Guzan turned back into the pumpkin we expected. after first game in group i said yet again Klinsmann got to go. now, bouncing back and making Semis, i don't know if that is good or bad. does it mean something might improve or is it just prolonging the inevitable?

hey at least US didn't go out like Mexico.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2016, 08:21 AM   #7468
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
yeah the carriage of Guzan turned back into the pumpkin we expected.

what carriage? i've always said he's fat. so a pumpkin i guess.

Quote:
after first game in group i said yet again Klinsmann got to go. now, bouncing back and making Semis, i don't know if that is good or bad. does it mean something might improve or is it just prolonging the inevitable?

i don't know what you mean. sure, let's get rid of klinsmann. but who do you bring? bradley's dad? ha ha ha. or bielsa? fine then, i'll take bielsa over klinsmann any day.

that is if you can hire and keep bielsa, because the man is an eccentric genius who's devoted to principles above all and he'll walk away the moment politics interferes with his plans.

find me a good tactical mind who wants to come the the US and run the team for the next decade and i'll support your bid to get rid of klinsmann.

but yeah klinsi shat the bed yesterday by starting zusi, beckerman, and must puzzlling of all, wondolowski, while the young promising talent warmed the bench.

the switch to a 4-4-2 i get, he wanted to park the bus somehow, which is what he does when he's outclassed by the opponents, but the retreat to MLS relics is where i feel he pussed out and betrayed himself. he's been saying over and over how the US must go beyond the MLS, and i 100% support that, but if he's not going to do what he says then fuck him.

a new coach of course can't solve the problem of us producing only mediocre players at best. a seattle sounder vs. mascherano is no contest. captain bradley throwing balls away like confetti with nobody to replace him. a fat ageing keeper as our last resort. our best defenders playing in europe, but only in hopeless teams. and even the fabled young promising talent can't do much against a heavyweight squad like argentina. i mean, from a world perspective, we have nothing to offer. little pulisic lost every ball he contested, the poor kid. but yes he should have started the game instead of wasting a substitution at halftime.

Quote:
hey at least US didn't go out like Mexico.

i think that's only because they were saving themselves for the final. it could have been 8-0 if they had wanted it.
Old 06.22.2016, 08:50 AM   #7469
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it was a pathetic display. The USA team was slow like molasses and their passes were soft little wimpy things. so fucking pathetic. An embarrassment of massive proportions. It really seemed like a professional team facing a squad of university intramural players. Team USA could not even complete two passes in a row without giving the ball away. Fucking PATHETIC.
Old 06.22.2016, 01:04 PM   #7470
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
!@#$! i know you always wanna belittle American talent but simple reality is US played better under Bradley so clearly the problem is with the coaching more so than the talent gap.

in particular the things Klinsmann was brought to do, improve the Under- teams and farm system, is what is doing the least as they suck even worse!

i supported the guy enthusiastically his first two years, but its clear in past two years that he is fucking up what talent we have, period. US have had several opportunities to improve and develop, instead they lost Gold Cup, they lost a playoff series for a Confederation Cup nod, lost a bunch of winnable WC qualifiers, and i believe the U- team missed qualifying for Olympics.

at least under Bradley US was rising and ranking in top 20

Old 06.22.2016, 01:43 PM   #7471
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
!@#$! i know you always wanna belittle American talent

that's an unfair and a goofy thing to say

america has amazing talent. look at wall street. look at silicon valley. look at what california did to the wine industry. look at the space program. look at the genetic engineering that just got approved to fight cancer. in sports, look at the NBA and look at the massive amount of olympic gold medals. look at the advertising industry and tv and hollywood. look at music, and the arts. america has megatons of talent. hey, look at women's soccer! best team in the word.

but in men's soccer, let's be realistic, we just don't have the system to develop world-class talent from age 7 onwards, and these are the results. we may have "talent", in the raw-- but when it comes to identifying and developing it, we're lost in the woods. ONE national academy is not going to solve the lack of grassroots organization.

Quote:
but simple reality is US played better under Bradley. So clearly the problem is with the coaching more so than the talent gap.

if your definition of playing better is kick and run kick and run kick and run they sure we did more kicking and running under bradley. it was the only thing we could do.

i liked how we played this copa. your early predictions were 100% wrong and we ended up first in the group. so yeah.

what i bemoan from yesterday's performance was not losing-- we were going to lose no matter how we cut it. it's the fucking lineup. wondo and beckerman and zusi. WAT.

Quote:
in particular the things Klinsmann was brought to do, improve the Under- teams and farm system, is what is doing the least as they suck even worse!

i don't understand the syntax here

Quote:
i supported the guy enthusiastically his first two years, but its clear in past two years that he is fucking up what talent we have, period. US have had several opportunities to improve and develop, instead they lost Gold Cup, they lost a playoff series for a Confederation Cup nod, lost a bunch of winnable WC qualifiers, and i believe the U- team missed qualifying for Olympics.

you were always against the guy. since before he was brought on. and the confederations cup is shit and so is the gold cup.

that there is the problem-- that having consistently shit opponents creates grandiose unrealistic expectations. and then we get curb-stomped and pretend to be surprised.

much better would be to have good opponents ALWAYS. i hope the USA gets to play in every copa amйrica and gets real practice against solid opponents from now on.

then we'll realize it's going to take 4 decades to bring US soccer to world-class level, instead of relying on random flukes to claim dreams of perpetual glory.

we just don't have the players for a consistent performance at high levels. with a little luck we're okay vs the 2nd rate guys though--so we beat ecuador.

Quote:
at least under Bradley US was rising and ranking in top 20
those fifa rankings are a bit shit too. stats made up by bureaucrats and always proven wrong in actual tournaments.
Old 06.22.2016, 01:59 PM   #7472
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

i know what youre saying about the talent gap, but we have enough to be a team that should consistently make appearances at every major tournament and advance to quarters every time, period. no excuses. if we dont? that entirely on the coaching

Old 06.22.2016, 02:01 PM   #7473
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

also what are you talking about i was always against Klinsmann??

you have a bad memory.. if you go back five years ago ON THIS THREAD you trash talked me for having what are clearly now irrational hope in Klinsmann. you in particular warned me to be cautiousc in my optimism. you were right btw

Old 06.22.2016, 03:36 PM   #7474
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh yeah, a coach can't fix a whole country

i read back and demonrail was against him, you appeared in 2013 to say how much you liked the way they had learned to play

and they're playing better to my eyes. it was a nice copa!

but putting wondo and beckermann and zusi as a starters. wtf. WTF!

there's a 3rd place match coming up saturday though. he might yet redeem himself when he meets the loser of today's match.

and by redeeming i don't mean winning, which might not be possible-- i just mean to go out with boldness and strength and style and good teamwork, which we showed until yesterday. like the loss to colombia, which was a decent and capable performance.

oh and JJ should be back saturday. he may not be technically great but he's got the biggest balls of everyone.

and speaking of balls here's to bradley not playing again in this cup.
Old 06.22.2016, 03:39 PM   #7475
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh yeah, a coach can't fix a whole country

i read back and demonrail was against him, you appeared in 2013 to say how much you liked the way they had learned to play

and they're playing better to my eyes. it was a nice copa!

but putting wondo and beckermann and zusi as a starters. wtf. WTF!

there's a 3rd place match coming up saturday though. he might yet redeem himself when he meets the loser of today's match.

and by redeeming i don't mean winning, which might not be possible-- i just mean to go out with boldness and strength and style and good teamwork, which we showed until yesterday

what i don't like about Klinsmann is (a) even as you demonstrated his line ups and game rosters are ridiculous, always playing guys out of their position (b) he just doesn't respect his players enough (c) the defense has slipped significantly. the one thing almost every CONCACAF team does well is defend.. now? US is not defending well

Old 06.22.2016, 03:53 PM   #7476
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

they just couldn't defend last night because there was nowhere to send the ball.

mascherano neutered dempsey and wondo and zusi were useless. and zardoz tried but showed his limits.

beckerman needs to retire, and bradley who gave away all the balls in the universe needs to go too. can't blame the defense for shitty washed out midfielders and no attack..

having good possession, like they've had this tournament, is a form of defense.

as for respect, i think klinsmann is right to challenge the lazy bastards. we have oodles of promising players who go on to amount to nothing. he says it's because of a lack of dedication, and maybe he's right.

BUT where i blame him is in his insistence in defending by removing all chances of attack. it's not just yesterday's game, but also in the ecuador game, when he took dempsey out, he removed our escape valve forward and bottled us up in our half-- and we were lucky. taking out dempsey who held the ball up overwhelemed our defense.

so yeah, i think while he's instilled a better spirit and professionalism and a better system of play, he fucks up the small decisions. wondo! why???
Old 06.22.2016, 04:03 PM   #7477
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

no i watch all the games.. US haven't defended well in ANY games, period

Old 06.22.2016, 04:09 PM   #7478
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
...aaaaaaaaaand CONCACAF did the best they could. Which is not much. At all.

Well, if you take out the acronym's first three letters and the last one...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2016, 04:26 PM   #7479
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
no i watch all the games.. US haven't defended well in ANY games, period
like i said, defense isn't just "retreating". keping possession of the ball, so that the opponent cannot score, is also defense-- even if its carried out by attacking midfielders.

if anything our defenders have been our most competent players. john brooks a hero.

what failed yesterday wasn't so much the defense as it was the transitions forward.

"zero shots" is a huge red flag about what went wrong-- thats the key to this disaster
Old 06.22.2016, 04:27 PM   #7480
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Well, if you take out the acronym's first three letters and the last one...
why take the first 3? "con caca" means "with shit" in spanish.

"i'm with shit"
324364371372373 374 375376377384424474 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth