Hoover vacuum cleaner 2 16.67%
UPS 1 8.33%
Lockport Powerhouse 0 0%
Other - you decide 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03.24.2007, 07:55 AM   #1
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
100 years ago many important things happened in the world.

I've compiled a poll and you can choose which was the most important invention from that memorable year.

Which has had the greatest impact on your life?

Were you there at the time, and remember what a momentous occasion each was? Tell us your story.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2007, 08:00 AM   #2
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
whatever. Choose other because i do not get this thread.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2007, 08:02 AM   #3
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I chose the Hoover Vacuum Cleaner. They clean floors/beds/moulting animals and also you can scare dogs with them.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2007, 08:03 AM   #4
sarramkrop

It's not often that i feel like coming to defend someone's polls but Pookie's have historical importance and i won't have bad words said about them.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2007, 09:19 AM   #5
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

Plastic

In 1907, while trying to develop a synthetic varnish, Leo Hendrik Baekeland blended the resin of two chemicals and heated the mix under pressure. The resulting polymer proved useful not only as a varnish, but also for making billiard balls.

Extensive use of plastics began during World War I, when the use of petroleum – easier to process into resins than coal – became more widespread.

The sheer material demands of the World Wars, and the economic hardships of the Great Depression in between, led to widespread use of plastics as a cheap substitute for other raw materials in a wide variety of consumer goods.

Though negative associations with plastic as a "cheap substitute" persist, that attribute has placed a wider range of consumer goods within the reach of millions more people. It has helped the plastics industry develop new resins, new uses and spawn entire new industries. Today, plastic is used to make everything from pantyhose to prosthetic limbs, from toys to the window frames on the Space Shuttle.
Old 03.24.2007, 09:31 AM   #6
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh

Plastic

Plastic was invented in 1855, Leo Hendrik Baekeland invented a variation, called Bakelite (patented in 1909).

So plastic is OUT.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2007, 05:10 PM   #7
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Scouting. i was a Boy Scout for five years and i had a blast.
Old 03.24.2007, 05:13 PM   #8
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Washing Machine. I can't stand the idea of washing clothes by hand. Not because I am lazy (I am, but that's not way) but because I just wouldn't feel like I could get them as clean.

Plus, we would have a SY album called Scrubbing Board, and that just doesn't sound good to me.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth