Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.02.2011, 12:22 PM   #26521
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
quick question. The Martian Chronicles by Bradbury is a collection of short stories right or not?

Yes, but they are sort of interrelated so they can read like a loosely organized small novel. They are indeed individual short stories, many published decades apart, but they are compiled together with a bit of continuity. I adore Bradbury, but I must admit it gets a bit redundant after a while. In fact, that's precisely what makes short stories so nice, you can enjoy what you like most about many authors without having to inevitably deal with what you don't like.

My Bradbury quote written on my wall (yes, literally), "It was enough just to be able to create this place, to be able to say I did it. To say I nurtured a medieval atmosphere in a modern, incredulous world." ( 'April 2005: Usher II')

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2011, 02:58 PM   #26522
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coworker X
we use computers, but we don't use our brains; at least, I don't.

get the fuck out.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2011, 02:58 PM   #26523
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses

http://www.mediafire.com/?dd6kae4v2x4tcpi

This is my best friend's new mixtape. 25 or so minutes of sparse delicate folk music with loads of great little melodies.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2011, 03:01 PM   #26524
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I went out and voted for my country today! Looking forward to the results and fingers crossed for no Harper majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredcourse
Hehheh.

The cigarettes in cuba are wonderful tasting. And there are no chemicals, they cant afford to use em

To each their own. I lived in Cuba for 6 months and we always smoked the imported Lucky Strikes, since Cohiba cigarettes were so harsh and made from scraps. There was one or two brands that weren't bad though.
Old 05.03.2011, 02:20 AM   #26525
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
fuck, I have to stay up and finish a paper and finish some homework too(that I should've been doing last week). Ugh. Finals tomorrow. and I have. to .st aty. up all night.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2011, 11:55 AM   #26526
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.sisterwho.com/index.html

Introducing Sister Who
Who is Sister Who?
I am a Sacred Clown, forms of which have been part of every tribal society since the beginning of human history; the one whose job is to inspire others toward personal and spiritual growth and a positive attitude toward discovery, diversity, and constructive change. *
*****A soft-spoken and gentle gay man also known as Denver NeVaar, I am passionate about the value of life and spirituality, have competed in physique/bodybuilding, and enjoy hiking and skiing.
****My spirituality is very eclectic, having begun within the Roman Catholic Church and included experiences of Pentecostal and Non-Pentecostal protestant Christianity as well as Pagan, Buddhist, Hindu, New Age, *Native American, and Unitarian-Universalist forms of spirituality.
****I am a nun according to the more inclusive definition of a commitment to spiritual service and have never done anything intentionally sacrilegious or disrespectful of any member of any religious order of any form of spirituality. *Rather, I am happy to encourage and support the ministries and personal spirituality of others in ways that are consistent with non-violence and mutual respect, trusting the Divine to guide each person's growth in *individually appropriate ways.
****As a form of the centuries old archetype of the Sacred Clown, I am the painter's canvas upon which symbols, colors, questions, insights, and various forms of prayer are presented to others within a wide variety of social situations. *By the mere fact of my presence, I challenge each person I meet in various ways according to his or her unique experiences and perspectives, to look at things differently and thereby see things to which he or she may have otherwise been blind. *Through intuitive meditation, readings using various decks of cards with symbolic images, and empathic dialogue, I open windows and doors of insight, offer hope, and provide inspiration to keep going, especially in those moments when life is a confusing, discouraging, or even adversarial jungle.
While one never knows where Sister Who might appear next, the most frequent location of ministerial activity and the most available location should you wish to schedule an individual meeting or counseling session, is

The Ministry of Sister WhoIntroducing Sister Who
Monthly MessageChronology
Free CalendarFree Monthly Newsletter
Live PerformancesParticipation Possibilities
Inspirational Photos and QuotesContact Information
LinksTV Shows
Click here to view episodes of "Sister Who Presents" using streaming videoSongs
Click here to send an email to Sister WhoDonations to support the ongoing ministerial activities of Sister Who

God Space Sanctuary, located in the Denver-metro region of Colorado (www.GodSpaceSanctuary.org). *This is a place available to those who wish to create space for God within their lives, without any interference from dogma or discrimination. *Blessings, love, and peace to you, no matter what spiritual path you and the Divine decide is most appropriate for you.
Old 05.03.2011, 02:56 PM   #26527
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
done with this semester. Fuck all y'all I'm goin' to bed.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2011, 03:23 PM   #26528
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
its not that I care,
truly
but to that girl,
with sharp teeth
who climbs at the walls
and pulls me down..

well
here's my
new address, 665 oh.. I forget

There's all, your evidence,
now take it home,
and fuck with it

now

so write down
that's what you get
so get it and write down
that's what you get
so get it and write down
that's what you get..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2011, 09:21 PM   #26529
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
so this magazine today claims that scientists keep discovering the evils of sugar and that it could be the cause of a lot of diseases including cancer. How long till they ask restaurants to hide their cupcakes?

funny that it also claims that the amount of smokers (at least here) has been decreasing while cancer is going up. heavy drinking is increasing too, easy to understand why.

why does my brain store all this useless stuff?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2011, 06:24 AM   #26530
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
^ because you use it well and bigger space is created, in order to store things. if you were finding them useless, you would forget about them after awhile. (anti-lol).

what was more weird to hear, was the correlation between milk consumption and cancer. that milk can enhance cancer cells..
there is some debate of how true that is of course.

all i can say, its that best is to eat from everything and if possible from different producers. so you get little amounts of different poisons inside you and not added amounts of the same poison.
(not that i do that).

it's an ongoing debate.
every sector of the society likes to focus on smoke and alcohol but it upsets me that there is no regulation forcing anybody to show me in a box of cookies "this contains this, this and that which can be really bad for you".
about milk, i'm lactose intolerant so it is always bad for me. doctors tend to not recommend it to sick people, especially with infections. They claim it could be because all of the added hormones they give to animals, the cancer thing.

my head is big, so there's a lot of space.

Old 05.04.2011, 06:34 AM   #26531
knox
invito al cielo

oh and by the way
help out:

http://www.allout.org/brazil?utm_source=All+Out

Old 05.04.2011, 06:42 AM   #26532
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonso
Oral sex is now the main cause of most types of oral cancer. Who's ready for that moral cry?
According to the American Cancer Society -
"The main causes of oral cancer include the following:
  • tobacco use (80 to 90 percent of oral cancers are caused by smoking cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, and dipping snuff)
  • alcohol use
Other causes of oral cancer may include the following:
  • leukoplakia - a condition characterized by a whitish patch that develops inside the mouth or throat.
  • erythroplakia - a condition characterized by a red, raised patch that develops inside the mouth.
  • excessive sun exposure, which, like elsewhere on the body, can cause cancer on the lip"
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2011, 06:50 AM   #26533
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
it's an ongoing debate.
every sector of the society likes to focus on smoke and alcohol but it upsets me that there is no regulation forcing anybody to show me in a box of cookies "this contains this, this and that which can be really bad for you".
about milk, i'm lactose intolerant so it is always bad for me. doctors tend to not recommend it to sick people, especially with infections. They claim it could be because all of the added hormones they give to animals, the cancer thing.

my head is big, so there's a lot of space.
In the UK there are quite strict controls about listing what ingredients foods contain. Although food companies will always do their best to avoid this kind of regulation.

Although the body that monitors companies that produce food (Food Standards Agency) is one of the "quangoes" that the Tories want to abolish.

And also food has benefits - for one thing it keeps us alive. And as far as things like sugar are concerned, they are also beneficial to us if consumed in the right quantities. Tobacco is nothing but harmful. There is no "safe" amount of tobacco that we can use because the harm is accumalative.

And furthermore, if somebody stands outside a shopping centre munching on a Greggs sausage roll they are not going to do any harm to me or my children.
Old 05.04.2011, 07:09 AM   #26534
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonso
Sigh. I wasn't being serious about it, but there is a correlation between HPV and oral cancer and according to some reports it may even be replacing tobacco as the primary causative agent.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011...t-cancer-cause
I wonder if they mean 64% of oral cancer cases in young people? I can't find anywhere else that suggests that this is the case generally.

Dr Anne Szarewski of Cancer Research UK told BBC News Online people should not panic about the findings.

"It is important to add to our knowledge about cancer causes, but I wouldn't want to give the impression this is a major issue. "Oral cancer is rare, and tobacco and alcohol are by far the biggest causes."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3485158.stm
Old 05.04.2011, 07:43 AM   #26535
Adolfo
children of satan

Adolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's asses
Sinto o cão da morte a bafejar no meu pescoço.
Adolfo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2011, 08:20 AM   #26536
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I can't beleve you people are talking about mouth sex when there's a gentle clown-nun-man posted right above your heads.

shame.
Old 05.04.2011, 09:59 AM   #26537
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolfo
Sinto o cão da morte a bafejar no meu pescoço.

who the hell are you?

Old 05.04.2011, 10:06 AM   #26538
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

judging by the name, I always assumed they were a Brazilian jungle-clone.
Old 05.04.2011, 10:09 AM   #26539
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
In the UK there are quite strict controls about listing what ingredients foods contain. Although food companies will always do their best to avoid this kind of regulation.

Although the body that monitors companies that produce food (Food Standards Agency) is one of the "quangoes" that the Tories want to abolish.

And also food has benefits - for one thing it keeps us alive. And as far as things like sugar are concerned, they are also beneficial to us if consumed in the right quantities. Tobacco is nothing but harmful. There is no "safe" amount of tobacco that we can use because the harm is accumalative.

And furthermore, if somebody stands outside a shopping centre munching on a Greggs sausage roll they are not going to do any harm to me or my children.

You may list what the food contains but there isn't a warning about how harmful it can be, especially when they don't know for sure. There isn't a warning about "we don't know exactly what effects this and that can have on your health".

The legal basis for certain lawsuits against tobacco companies was the fact that they weren't clear enough about the possible harmful consequences. Now that it is, I know what I'm doing what I'm smoking tobacco, it's clearly stated on the pack which should be my right as a consumer.

Of course food has benefits, but that doesn't mean you should be eating unhealthy stuff when there's healthy food available. In my opinion, you should do whatever the fuck you wanna do as long as you're informed of any dangers.

Munching on a sausage roll or smoking a cigarette, nobody outside a shopping centre will harm anybody who's just walking by will they? Realistically speaking. That is why they banned smoking in closed areas, because that could harm non-smokers against their will.

Or you can stay away, like we stay away from smelly people. The same cannot be said about the carbon monoxide in the air, we all have to breathe it.

and now im a craving sausage roll AND a smoke.

Old 05.04.2011, 10:12 AM   #26540
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
judging by the name, I always assumed they were a Brazilian jungle-clone.

and my brain kind of though adolfo and afonso were the same person?

827122712771317132413251326 1327 1328132913301337137714271827 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth