Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page We're experiencing gale force 9 winds!!!!!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.18.2007, 01:10 PM   #41
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
It looks very nice.

Are you one of the 70% employed in the island's tourism industry, or do you do something totally different?

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2007, 01:13 PM   #42
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
It is. If you look on google earth, you can zoom in on the ferry and if you type in Den Burg, you should see me behind my desk typing.
I do video filming/editing for a small media company. Tourism, events, nature, etc.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2007, 01:16 PM   #43
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yes, there you are. That looks suspiciously like you're using work time to view the SY forum. Naughty.

Old 01.18.2007, 01:22 PM   #44
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Worktime? I'm the only employee from the mainland and everyone has gone home. I'm sitting all alone at the office, waiting for news about the ferry possibly doing one more trip in an hour. *fingers crossed*

Which reminds me... gonna phone the Teso again.
Old 01.18.2007, 01:26 PM   #45
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Good luck.

Old 01.18.2007, 01:31 PM   #46
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Thanks. Just heard that I'll have to wait till 10 o'clock.
This is going to be a late night.
Old 01.18.2007, 01:33 PM   #47
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

At least you've got the interweb.

As long as you've got the interweb. With the interweb and a mug of coffee, you're never too badly off.

Oh, I see it's pronounced Tessel.

Old 01.18.2007, 01:37 PM   #48
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
there was a lot of wind here too, i got home by bike around an hour ago, took the long way home to avoid trees (falling branches) and got really tired. i did save a frog though: it was planning to cross the street and i saw that so immetiately jumped of my bike, grabbed the frog and put him back into a piece of forest. some car stopped to see if there was something wrong (there was a bike laying on the side of the road). i named the frog André.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2007, 01:39 PM   #49
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Well done for saving the frog. We're offering our porch as a shelter for the local cats.

Old 01.18.2007, 01:42 PM   #50
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Well done for saving the frog. We're offering our porch as a shelter for the local cats.

thanks i once saved a hedgehog too, picked it up with my math book and told him 'and if i see a flat hedgehog here tomorrow, i won't be happy boy!'.

too bad my math teacher came by on his bike at that moment. he looks a bit weird at me since then.

great that you offer a place to those cats!

flickr

Old 01.18.2007, 01:43 PM   #51
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
there was a lot of wind here too, i got home by bike around an hour ago, took the long way home to avoid trees (falling branches) and got really tired. i did save a frog though: it was planning to cross the street and i saw that so immetiately jumped of my bike, grabbed the frog and put him back into a piece of forest. some car stopped to see if there was something wrong (there was a bike laying on the side of the road). i named the frog André.

nice! I always used to save frogs at my old cottage, because there were snakes that ate them all the time in the summer.

And yeah, the windchill is terrible this week in Ottawa. It was -32 yesterday, and it makes it hard to breathe. If you breathe through your mouth, the saliva on your lips freeze and it hurts, and through the nose is even worse.
Old 01.18.2007, 01:43 PM   #52
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Quote:
thanks i once saved a hedgehog too, picked it up with my math book and told him 'and if i see a flat hedgehog here tomorrow, i won't be happy boy!'.

too bad my math teacher came by on his bike at that moment. he looks a bit weird at me since then.

great that you offer a place to those cats!

We saved a young hedgehog once, in Grosvenor Park in Chester. We think it had been unable to find its home, and was wandering around in the day.

The local cats are lovely. Trouble and 21 are especially sweet.

Old 01.18.2007, 01:45 PM   #53
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:
We saved a young hedgehog once, in Grosvenor Park in Chester. We think it had been unable to find its home, and was wandering around in the day.

The local cats are lovely. Trouble and 21 are especially sweet.

my father used to have a lot of cats around, they followed me everywhere. it was pretty cool being called the catgirl. i'm allergic to cats though, i still have two in my house, but they aren't allowed upstairs (and definitely no in the bedrooms)

flickr

Old 01.18.2007, 01:45 PM   #54
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
One time I saved a mouse when I was in newfoundland, because it was really windy and blowing away, so I caught it and put it under some rocks where it was sheltered by the wind
Old 01.18.2007, 01:48 PM   #55
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Splendid stuff, inhuman. We'll need a seperate animal rescue thread soon.

Quote:
my father used to have a lot of cats around, they followed me everywhere. it was pretty cool being called the catgirl. i'm allergic to cats though, i still have two in my house, but they aren't allowed upstairs (and definitely no in the bedrooms)

I used to be very allergic to cats; I'd get a reaction similar to intense hay fever within seconds. But it dissappeared as I got older.

Old 01.18.2007, 01:49 PM   #56
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
One time I saved a mouse when I was in newfoundland, because it was really windy and blowing away, so I caught it and put it under some rocks where it was sheltered by the wind

my cat was hunting a mouse once, and i really can't look at that.. so i ran out, the poor thing was so scared it ran right into my hands.. i took it a street or two away and put it in the forest. the cat has been angry at me for a long time.

flickr

Old 01.18.2007, 01:50 PM   #57
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:

I used to be very allergic to cats; I'd get a reaction similar to intense hay fever within seconds. But it dissappeared as I got older.

i have about three allergies, and they all affect my airways. i cough like a chain smoker all the time and have asthmatic attacks when i tire myself too much.

flickr

Old 01.18.2007, 01:53 PM   #58
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
my cat was hunting a mouse once, and i really can't look at that.. so i ran out, the poor thing was so scared it ran right into my hands.. i took it a street or two away and put it in the forest. the cat has been angry at me for a long time.

awwwww, that's good that you got there in time! My cat always hunted birds and ate a few, so we stopped letting him outside for long periods of time and put a bell around his neck.
Old 01.18.2007, 01:57 PM   #59
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
awwwww, that's good that you got there in time! My cat always hunted birds and ate a few, so we stopped letting him outside for long periods of time and put a bell around his neck.

oh but didn't tha cat want to go outside? i wouldn't keep it in, that's really no fun for the cat (and yes i know, taking away his prey isn't very nice either but i can't stand how he's playing with the little mouse and scaring it before he finally ends its suffering)

flickr

Old 01.18.2007, 02:03 PM   #60
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh but didn't tha cat want to go outside? i wouldn't keep it in, that's really no fun for the cat (and yes i know, taking away his prey isn't very nice either but i can't stand how he's playing with the little mouse and scaring it before he finally ends its suffering)

Exactly, I love my cat and he doesn't do it anymore because he's older. We would let him out whenever he meowed, just we'd bring him in after a short while so he wouldn't leave the backyard to eat birds. My other cat was just a kitten and was declawed (my parents stupidly valued the furniture more) so they wouldn't allow him outside at all because he couldn't defend himself. He lived inside until he died of kidney stones. I was really dissapointed, I'd never do that to a cat.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth