Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page alternate tunings...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.19.2008, 03:07 PM   #21
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossboss
Been using F#F#AF#AA myself lately man--I'd recommend it!

I assume the first two F#'s are in unison?
and the last two A's are also?
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2008, 12:02 AM   #22
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
i think they just had a banjo...
You're right, the guitarist just used a banjo and played guitar chords on it.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2008, 06:23 AM   #23
rossboss
little trouble girl

rossboss has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
I assume the first two F#'s are in unison?
and the last two A's are also?

Thats right man...use 2 low E strings for the low F#'s and two G's for the high A's
rossboss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2008, 12:42 PM   #24
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, bringing this back cause I just did an alternate tuning by accident and I love it. I started at the usual drop D tuning (DADGBE) and I was wanting to tune the G to an A, but I started tuning down by accident and I got to an E, so then I was at (DADEBE). I love this tuning. I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere before too, but I'm not sure.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2008, 12:58 PM   #25
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
You're right, the guitarist just used a banjo and played guitar chords on it.

to be more accurate they put some kind of distortion/amp box on the banjo to give it that really rough sound. The monks fucking kick ass...one of a kind band.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2008, 01:17 PM   #26
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Hey, bringing this back cause I just did an alternate tuning by accident and I love it. I started at the usual drop D tuning (DADGBE) and I was wanting to tune the G to an A, but I started tuning down by accident and I got to an E, so then I was at (DADEBE). I love this tuning. I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere before too, but I'm not sure.

That'll be one of the many drop-d variations. D6 (DADF#BE) is my absolute favourite, great for bluesy instrumental stuff, I use it a lot. You can just barre for chords too which is fun. Try it out! The perfect chord in that tuning is Gm, the fingering is something like.. 055430.. absolutely divine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToEPFDIzhNA this song is in D6, listen to that electric guitar!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth