Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Vivian Girls
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.04.2008, 08:14 PM   #41
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I think some people who post here are allergic to good songwriting.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 08:47 PM   #42
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
what is all this talk about 'good songs'? please someone elaborate, or point out one of their 'good ones'...i saw them live and listened to the shit on their myspace and its pretty damn lame...im not sure what anyones using as a qualifier for 'good songs'...simplicity doesn't necessarily mean it can qualify as 'hey, at least its a good song'...a million other bands do it a million times better...bahh..i wont waste my time...no one will be talking about them a year from now so whatever...agree to disagree
chairman of the bored is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 08:50 PM   #43
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Maybe you just need to get out more, you silly twat.

sexist
Old 09.04.2008, 09:03 PM   #45
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
agreed!

Old 09.04.2008, 09:25 PM   #46
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

if it makes you guys feel better i have to sit through them again before boris on sat. and probably every other fucking decent band i go to see on nyc over the next few months (who is their tour manager)? so you vivian girls fans can be jealous...ill probably be subjected to them more than anyone would be willingly...they better not be playing the lightning bolt/krallice show next weekend too
Old 09.04.2008, 09:35 PM   #47
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
chill the fuck out dude.

go get drunk when they play, then elbow your way to the front of the stage when the bands you like are about to play.

vivian girls opening for boris? that's some weird shit.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 10:17 PM   #48
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Am currently checking out their MySpace - very Shop Assistants in places, and pretty good for that too (I have a bit of a weakness for C-86 type stuff).
Old 09.11.2008, 10:51 AM   #49
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, I'm sold. I'm (probably) gonna go see them when they play in London later in the year. Probably at the Windmill, 'cos it's easy to drive to.

2 Dec 2008 Brixton Windmill London
3 Dec 2008 Old Blue Last London
4 Dec 2008 The Social Nottingham
5 Dec 2008 Club Evol Liverpool
6 Dec 2008 Captain’s Rest Glasgow
7 Dec 2008 Cockpit Leeds
8 Dec 2008 Colosseum Coventry
9 Dec 2008 Madame Jojo’s - White Heat London
10 Dec 2008 The Deaf Institute Manchester
12 Dec 2008 Vice Kills Proud Galleries London
13 Dec 2008 Club Kute at Cooler Bristol
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2008, 11:04 AM   #50
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I'll go and see 'em either at the Windmill or the Old Blue Last.
Old 09.12.2008, 02:25 PM   #51
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Okay, I'm sold. I'm (probably) gonna go see them when they play in London later in the year. Probably at the Windmill, 'cos it's easy to drive to.

2 Dec 2008 Brixton Windmill London
3 Dec 2008 Old Blue Last London
4 Dec 2008 The Social Nottingham
5 Dec 2008 Club Evol Liverpool
6 Dec 2008 Captain’s Rest Glasgow
7 Dec 2008 Cockpit Leeds
8 Dec 2008 Colosseum Coventry
9 Dec 2008 Madame Jojo’s - White Heat London
10 Dec 2008 The Deaf Institute Manchester
12 Dec 2008 Vice Kills Proud Galleries London
13 Dec 2008 Club Kute at Cooler Bristol
THANKS. Anyone else going to the Sic Alps gig on the 7th? I postponed my holiday for that, so if they cancel it I will send them anthrax via email.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2008, 10:54 PM   #52
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
they have a music video.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/node/145666

i want to see them at cake shop on friday but i have to work.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2008, 10:57 PM   #53
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
when will this end? they are a fucking terribly half-assed failed derivative of punk rock...they were astonishingly terrible at mccarren...boring melodies, boring songs, boring boring...ill just lie low and wait for them to disappear

i think you need to get out more and have some fun with music.
Old 09.18.2008, 01:38 AM   #54
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah that guy is silly.

It's just a good band who made good music. It's not supposed to be mind blowing or anything.

Old 09.18.2008, 09:49 AM   #55
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

i like how people equate my underwhelming opinion of vivian girls with not getting out and having fun...i discovered them by being out and seeing them live...but a little update and explanation...ive heard the album and its significantly better than they were live...maybe someones taught them how to tune or play their instruments since then...but when i saw them live, it was wack...check the wfmu archives for evidence...and i love sloppy out of tune music...my first impression was just one of 'wtf the indie press has propped up another bullshit band'...but the album is fairly enjoyable
Old 09.18.2008, 03:58 PM   #56
uhler
invito al cielo

you did see them at a huge outsorr event. try to see them in a small club or an inside venue. they are a hundred times better. but i did enjoy them at mccarren
Old 09.20.2008, 11:09 AM   #57
sarramkrop

They sure know how to tune their instruments. Here's the proof:

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2008/0...-girls-li.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2008, 12:28 AM   #58
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jjmwyq

Old 09.28.2008, 12:35 AM   #59
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm seeing them Monday night!!!
Old 09.28.2008, 01:56 AM   #60
uhler
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I'm seeing them Monday night!!!

awesome! give the bass player a flower for me.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth