Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fuck this new NASA Orion program..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.09.2014, 03:22 PM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
THIS NASA PROJECT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF A DRAIN AND WASTE OF MONEY BECAUSE IT ACCOMPLISHES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF SCIENTIFIC VALUE. but like Levar Burton always said, "you don't have to take my word for it." Do some of your own research and find out for yourself. I challenge y'all too prove me wrong on this one, you wont

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2014, 03:39 PM   #22
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
THIS NASA PROJECT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF A DRAIN AND WASTE OF MONEY BECAUSE IT ACCOMPLISHES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF SCIENTIFIC VALUE. but like Levar Burton always said, "you don't have to take my word for it." Do some of your own research and find out for yourself. I challenge y'all too prove me wrong on this one, you wont

You do realise that the Orion is what they're planning on using to send to Mars right? I mean this wasn't some dick wagging contest like you seem to think. The whole thing was a test to see whether this thing can take the strain (heat and radiation) and from what it seems it's done it perfectly.

The next step is another unmanned flight, then onto a manned flight round the moon, then hopefully to Mars. Baby steps and all that.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2014, 03:56 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You did realize,that Orion is doing NOTHING to get to Mars? It is NOT building a new vehicle or propulsion system. Its just using old Apollo tech (capsule) and space shuttle (rocket boosters) which CANT get ANYONE to Mars EVER.

Old 12.09.2014, 04:03 PM   #24
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You did realize,that Orion is doing NOTHING to get to Mars? It is NOT building a new vehicle or propulsion system. Its just using old Apollo tech (capsule) and space shuttle (rocket boosters) which CANT get ANYONE to Mars EVER.

The capsule shape is the absolute best shape to cope with the rigours of space. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Again, I'd put my faith in scientists over yours or some mongoloid sports writer.

Scientific evidence of the bold please and not opinion please.

Old 12.09.2014, 04:16 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

But This Capsule Will Not Go To Mars And These Rockets Can Not Ever Get There

Old 12.09.2014, 04:20 PM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I didnt base my conclusions on the sports writer at all, he published the article this morning i started this thread last week. I posted his article because the flaws in Orion are so obvious even a sports writer notice. Again, prove me wrong. Prove that the module or rockets have any thing to do with Mars

Old 12.09.2014, 04:30 PM   #27
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
About Orion
NASA’s Orion spacecraft is built to take humans farther than they’ve ever gone before. Orion will serve as the exploration vehicle that will carry the crew to space, provide emergency abort capability, sustain the crew during the space travel, and provide safe re-entry from deep space return velocities.
On December 5, 2014, Orion launched atop a Delta IV Heavy rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station's Space Launch Complex Flight Test on the Orion Flight Test: a two-orbit, four-hour flight that tested many of the systems most critical to safety.
The Orion Flight Test evaluated launch and high speed re-entry systems such as avionics, attitude control, parachutes and the heat shield.
In the future, Orion will launch on NASA’s new heavy-lift rocket, the Space Launch System. More powerful than any rocket ever built, SLS will be capable of sending humans to deep space destinations such as an asteroid and eventually Mars. Exploration Mission-1 will be the first mission to integrate Orion and the Space Launch System.

Details on what Orion is trying to do

From the NASA website. Cue rant about corruption and how it's lies. Again show me evidence of otherwise. Anything from scientific evidence proving it wouldn't be able to get to Mars to proof that the launch had no scientific basis. I've asked you twice and you still haven't shown anything.

Old 12.09.2014, 04:44 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

If you read through the NASA website youd find that the rocket boosters are not capable of getting to Mars neither is the capsule. If you read the lengthy post i already addressed Orions major flaws

Old 12.09.2014, 04:57 PM   #29
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Honestly I feel like you're trolling me...

Quote:
In the future, Orion will launch on NASA’s new heavy-lift rocket, the Space Launch System. More powerful than any rocket ever built, SLS will be capable of sending humans to deep space destinations such as an asteroid and eventually Mars. Exploration Mission-1 will be the first mission to integrate Orion and the Space Launch System.

More evidence from the website

The rockets used to send the Orion up this time have nothing to do with the final mission.

Again, please provide evidence of anything you're saying cos so far you've been shut down on everything.

Old 12.09.2014, 05:01 PM   #30
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
ok whatever

who cares? what are we going to do on mars? plant spinach? lots of iron
the point is those guys still got jobs. they can go to the moon

Obama cancelled that plan. THANKS OBAMA!

Old 12.09.2014, 05:04 PM   #31
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
suchfriends, you sound like gil scott heron in this thread.

money "wasted" on space travel is a better use of money and lives than shitty drum circle poetry imo.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2014, 05:13 PM   #32
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I didnt say.money spent.on space in general.is.wasted,.I said this.particular mission is a waste.

Old 12.09.2014, 05:16 PM   #33
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
a rat just bit my sister mel,
and india, china and everyone else is on the moon
the senate wont pass the orion bill,
now chinas on mars,
a chinese drone just killed the president...
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2019, 10:31 PM   #34
The Gazpacho Gestapo
bad moon rising

The Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's asses
reality is a virtue
The Gazpacho Gestapo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth