Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page astrology
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.09.2008, 02:06 AM   #41
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i need a disco nap
Old 08.09.2008, 05:28 AM   #42
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
scorpios are obsessed with sex. aries are stubborn, bloody minded, and only see things in terms of yes or no, there's no inbetween with aries people.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 05:53 AM   #43
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
scorpios are obsessed with sex. aries are stubborn, bloody minded, and only see things in terms of yes or no, there's no inbetween with aries people.

Thanks
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 06:19 AM   #44
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
What about Geminis, T&B? Are we all prone to liking Whitehouse or summat?
Old 08.09.2008, 06:46 AM   #45
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
and capricornsss?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 08:02 AM   #46
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
If people really believe in this stuff why dont they test it and present it for the nobel prize in physics, which they would certainly win seeing as it would indicate that Einstein, Newton, and Steven Hawking had it all wrong. Or is Physics just a vast conspiracy against nice wind chimes now?

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 08:29 AM   #47
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
are they mutually exclusive? i know one dude on that list was wrong at least once. and if you go off the deep end with physics, doesn't it seem incredibly mystical?

I'm also a scorpio, sagitarious rising. i like the floor and the walls described by physics though. Cus I'm quite sure I can't fly.
Old 08.09.2008, 08:38 AM   #48
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloriel
are they mutually exclusive? i know one dude on that list was wrong at least once. and if you go off the deep end with physics, doesn't it seem incredibly mystical?

I'm also a scorpio, sagitarious rising. i like the floor and the walls described by physics though. Cus I'm quite sure I can't fly.

Well theyre all part of the same lineage, and the only way to know if they were wrong is to demonstrate it. So for me, its nice thinking of all these mystical supernatural things as stories and possibilities (Without the mentalism of Religion we wouldnt have the Sistine Chapel) but i hate it when people talk as if its DEFINITELY true. The point about science is you have to test it over and over and over to be sure that what you first saw wasnt a fluke.
I know exactly what you mean about the bounds of perception and how it is plastic and changeable by external means, but it wasnt a hallucination that invented pennicilin or the combustion engine so i think we should leave the practical, real-world stuff to science.

I am in a mood today.

Old 08.09.2008, 09:20 AM   #49
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
As a Virgo, I'm suppose to over think things and be a major organization freak.

While the former may apply, the latter is straight up wrong.

Same here, I analyze things and etc. but I am not an orginization freak.

I am more of a deep thinker and a philosopher, and it seems Virgo is more about logic..
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 09:23 AM   #50
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
responding to Ikara

Isn't that the problem though - the practical, real-world stuff that astrology seems to focus on isn't exactly answerable with the scientific method, unless of course you have a highly advanced degree in neurobiology, or can "pick up" scientific principles without starting from the beginning. Though there's always psychology. I wonder what would happen if someone overlayed their astrological sign with their Jungian type test?
Old 08.09.2008, 09:35 AM   #51
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
If people really believe in this stuff why dont they test it and present it for the nobel prize in physics, which they would certainly win seeing as it would indicate that Einstein, Newton, and Steven Hawking had it all wrong. Or is Physics just a vast conspiracy against nice wind chimes now?

What does physics have anything whatsoever to do with astrology? Anyone who thinks the stars can really, TRULY tell them who they are should probably seek counseling, sure, but I don't get the connection.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 09:52 AM   #52
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
how would you use physics to test similarities, or disimilarities in people's personalities etc?

melly & nicfit - i don't know enough gemini or capricorn people to have formulated any theories about their personality types. my views on aries and scorpios are based on experience.
Old 08.09.2008, 09:58 AM   #53
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses

atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 11:28 AM   #54
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloriel
responding to Ikara

Isn't that the problem though - the practical, real-world stuff that astrology seems to focus on isn't exactly answerable with the scientific method, unless of course you have a highly advanced degree in neurobiology, or can "pick up" scientific principles without starting from the beginning. Though there's always psychology. I wonder what would happen if someone overlayed their astrological sign with their Jungian type test?

Well the principle of infering stuff is something we all do, we notice patterns and learn that event B follows event A, so its natural to try and attribute things to a cause. Thats why ive always thought the invention of Gods is a natural step in our evolution. On a pedantic note, the Freudian stuff is Psychoanalysis not Psychology, and its just as unverifiable as astrology.
I mean its true that this stuff is just fun for most of us but it depresses me when i see vulnerable people being swindled out of cash by these cynical paranormal businesspeople.

Old 08.09.2008, 11:28 AM   #55
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
how would you use physics to test similarities, or disimilarities in people's personalities etc?

You dont.

Old 08.09.2008, 11:34 AM   #56
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
it depresses me when i see vulnerable people being swindled out of cash by these cynical paranormal businesspeople.

not that i encourage swindling, but those people are grown ups and are presumabley capable of thinking about what they are doing, so if they give their money to a medium or whatever than they get what they deserve.
Old 08.09.2008, 11:40 AM   #57
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
not that i encourage swindling, but those people are grown ups and are presumabley capable of thinking about what they are doing, so if they give their money to a medium or whatever than they get what they deserve.

I agree, thats what makes it so depressing.

Old 08.09.2008, 03:05 PM   #58
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
I am a Leo

that's all I know
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 03:16 PM   #59
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Here's a bit of my horoscope chart (for Gemini):

Rising Sign is in 13 Degrees Virgo
You tend to be very shy and not very self-assertive. You are supercritical about how you appear to others. Even though you may think you are uninteresting and dull, you are actually quite soft- spoken, orderly, neat and very likable. You are a perfectionist with high standards, and at times you can be quite tactless in pointing out the faults of others. Very practical, efficient and purposeful, your appearance and bearing reflect your need to appear graceful, sensible and reserved. You have a crisp, no-nonsense approach to dealing with others. Never lazy or self-indulgent, you tend to be dedicated to the work ethic
That sounds like me.

My rising sign (Leo) is definitely wrong. My normal sign (Gemini) is definitely right.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 03:34 PM   #60
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
gravitational pull has no terminus. all mass in the universe is constantly pulling on every other mass. distance determines force, however at this moment you are being effected by a solar body billions of light years from you. it is trying to move you toward it. nearby masses overcome the pulling force so you do not ever consciously notice it (although I suspect that you ultimately do and the brain processes it as "time").

astronomy (as a science) can help describe the deep-time fluctuation of the COUNTLESS gravitational fields around you; however, the computations required to obtain flawless readings is currently beyond humans' capability.

astronomy as we know it these days is based more on Gypsy Fortunetelling and less on the actual astrophysics involved.

ultimately, ignoring it would be foolish while putting too much faith in it would be insane.

<-- click repeatedly for effect
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth