Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Pixies in Dublin
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
Pixies are playing two shows in the Olympia theatre in October. Tickets go on sale this Friday. I imagine it will be Worse than getting tix for Miley cyrus but just thought I'd let all Irish boys know
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2009, 10:40 AM   #2
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i saw tyhem in 1991 at the pint...stunning gig... saw them again atb the joke of all venues the pheonix park with red hot chilli willies and they were lamentably dissappointing, then they announced another reunio tour and i went, fuck it..no more..

i wont be at the pixies gig..but great opportunity to see them in a small venue..... actually i may go it...
Old 06.30.2009, 11:51 AM   #3
negative8ball
bad moon rising

negative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's asses
Apparently the next leg of the tour (this show included, I'd assume) is going to involve Trompe Le Monde in it's entirety with all b-sides and such, so that should be cool.

Saw them on the first lap of the reunion tour - it was pretty good. Not life altering - but a solid show nonetheless...
negative8ball is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2009, 12:08 PM   #4
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by negative8ball
Apparently the next leg of the tour (this show included, I'd assume) is going to involve Trompe Le Monde in it's entirety with all b-sides and such, so that should be cool.

Saw them on the first lap of the reunion tour - it was pretty good. Not life altering - but a solid show nonetheless...

They're playing Doolittle and all it's b-sides, not Trompe le Monde

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass
luckynumber9 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2009, 12:22 PM   #5
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
we got a slow wave of mutilation, baileys walk, make believe and and a couple of covers? short gig then!!!
Old 06.30.2009, 06:01 PM   #6
negative8ball
bad moon rising

negative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber9
They're playing Doolittle and all it's b-sides, not Trompe le Monde

Sorry, yes... don't know why I typed Trompe... thanks.
negative8ball is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 11:26 PM   #7
jerf
children of satan

jerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's asses
must be the cool thing to do now, go out and play a whole album live. seems like every band is doing it lately. i would love to see them play doolittle through, its one of my favorite albums. last i checked, theyre not coming to the states?
jerf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 11:36 PM   #8
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
They'll come to the States sometime in the fall, I'm guessing. I'm really torn about going, though. They're easily one of my top 20 bands ever and I don't think I can pass up seeing them, but this tour reeks of "cash-in" especially now that they're playing all of Doolittle live. I don't know. I just don't want a bad live experience to put a damper on one of my favorite bands.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 11:16 PM   #9
jerf
children of satan

jerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
They'll come to the States sometime in the fall, I'm guessing. I'm really torn about going, though. They're easily one of my top 20 bands ever and I don't think I can pass up seeing them, but this tour reeks of "cash-in" especially now that they're playing all of Doolittle live. I don't know. I just don't want a bad live experience to put a damper on one of my favorite bands.

going is better than sitting around not doing anything. so if you dont end up going, make sure whatever you do is really cool so you dont think, "man, i could be at a pixies concert right now."
jerf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 09:04 AM   #10
barnaclelapse
the destroyed room

barnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's asses
I'd still love to see them live, personally.

I've heard mixed things about their last few shows, but the good ones definitely seem to outweigh the hell out of the "Meh" ones.
barnaclelapse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 03:51 PM   #11
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Got tickets for Dublin this morning. I haven't seen them since they reformed, but saw them a lot in the 90s. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2009, 05:47 AM   #12
john k
empty page

john k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's asses
if anyone has a spare ticket for dublin please give me a shout. they sold out in 2 mins yesterday
john k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth