Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Steve drums on Admiral Freebee new album
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.30.2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.johnagnello.com/

I started the summer working with a great Belgium artist who goes by the moniker, Admiral Freebee. Tom Van Laere, his actual name is a wonderful dude with a great sense of humor and loads of talent. He came here armed with his acoustic guitar and his electric guitarist, Tim and we put a slamming band behind him.

Our killer rhythm section consisted of good friends, Steve Shelley and Jeff Bailey, from Sonic Youth and Phosphorescent. With able contributions from Alex Lipsen (keys), Okkervil River's Mike St. Claire(Horns) , Heather McIntosh (Strings), Mary Lattimore (harp) and some shredding by J Mascis, it was a great record and so much fun to make. The record came out really great and I hope some day we can figure out how to release it here. I also got to work at Water Music Recorders for the first time since Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc over the west side of Hoboken. It was great to be back there.

http://www.admiralfreebee.be/
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2013, 05:32 AM   #2
sy2004
stalker

sy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's asses
Hopefully Steve had a good influence on the record, Admiral Freebee is/was quite popular in Belgium, certainly live on festivals. Personally, except a few songs, I always ignored this artist because of pretty boring... Although the fact Steve is on it, makes me curious again.

sy2004 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth