Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Velvet Underground thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.15.2009, 04:00 PM   #341
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I've just finished listening to the guitar amp tape. It's very good. More people should listen to it.

Just thought y'all might like to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2009, 05:14 PM   #342
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
edie was way into drugs and shit looong before she was in with the factory; she'd been in and out of mental hospitals. the whole sedgwick family was kind of messed up. i'm sure warhol dumping her off (being the type of asshole he was) didn't help, but he wasn't the one who set her up for self destruction. edie probably would have done the same thing even if she'd never gone to new york... but i guess it's easier to pin the blame on warhol or dylan or whoever was around.

i'm gonna throw the guitar amp tape on, haven't heard it in a while. good stuff.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2009, 04:59 PM   #343
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
From the Plimton book about her it seemed Edie was, like Warhol, basically asexual.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2009, 05:06 PM   #344
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
she got sexually molested by her dad and ended up sleeping with her brother too.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2009, 05:09 PM   #345
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
she got sexually molested by her dad and ended up sleeping with her brother too.

Poor Edie.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2009, 08:15 AM   #346
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Velvet Underground members reuniting at NY library

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:12pm EST

By David J. Prince
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Former Velvet Underground members Lou Reed, Maureen Tucker and Doug Yule will make an extremely rare joint public appearance on December 8 at the New York Public Library.
The three will discuss the Velvet Underground's music and legacy with rock journalist David Fricke as part of the "LIVE from the NYPL" series.
The reunion of the legendary New York band comes on the heels of the publication of "The Velvet Underground: New York Art," a compendium of previously unseen photographs, poster and cover designs by Andy Warhol, Lou Reed's handwritten music and lyrics, underground press clippings and other reviews, flyers, handbills and posters.
The book, published by Italian book house Rizzoli, also contains a recorded conversation between Reed and Tucker, as well as contributions from former Czech president Vaclav Havel and author Jon Savage.
The event will take place at the Celeste Bartos Forum in the library's Stephen A. Schwarzman Building on 5th Ave. and 42nd St. General admission tickets are $25, and $15 tickets are available for library donors, students and seniors through the NYPL website.
The original Velvet Underground lineup included Reed, Tucker, John Cale, Sterling Morrison and vocalist Nico. The group's debut album, often referred to as "the banana album" from its distinctive pop art cover, was produced by Andy Warhol and includes rock and roll classics like "Heroin" and "Sunday Morning."
Cale left the band in 1968 and was replaced by Yule. The group split in the early 1970s, though it re-formed briefly with Cale and toured in the early 1990s. Nico died in 1988, and Sterling Morrison in 1995.
Old 11.19.2009, 09:44 AM   #347
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I heard John Cale didn't want to go because he has an overdue book and can't afford to pay the fine.
Old 11.19.2009, 03:40 PM   #348
eternal
bad moon rising

eternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asses
anyone have or have a link for the guitar amp tapes?? (not a torrent)

i can only find flacs and i need mp3s since i'm running out of hard drive space
eternal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2009, 06:06 PM   #349
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
i don't have a link on hand (the blog i got it from died, i guess) but i can upload it for you if you like.

any preference as to what site?
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2009, 07:46 AM   #350
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
here
http://rapidshare.com/files/163018333/VU_LGAT.rar
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2009, 10:11 AM   #351
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
THE VELVET UNDERGROUND-SWEET SISTER RAY'S MURDER MYSTERY BOOT by more_more17
Old 11.23.2009, 09:45 AM   #352
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=Genteel Death]Velvet Underground members reuniting at NY libraryThe book, published by Italian book house Rizzoli, also contains a recorded conversation between Reed and Tucker, as well as contributions from former Czech president Vaclav Havel and author Jon Savage.

Just bought this book yesterday, it is incredible!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2009, 08:42 PM   #353
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

[quote=tesla69]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Velvet Underground members reuniting at NY libraryThe book, published by Italian book house Rizzoli, also contains a recorded conversation between Reed and Tucker, as well as contributions from former Czech president Vaclav Havel and author Jon Savage.

Just bought this book yesterday, it is incredible!

Indeed. It's awesome, and the recent feature on Uncut magazine is not bad at all, cd and all. It renvigorated my love for them once more (that's many, many times it happened), and brought back a need to update (this time in English) the fanzine I dedciated to them in my teens.
Old 11.30.2009, 08:50 PM   #354
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

''Dracula going to sleep while people go to church''

Sterling Morrison describing ''Sunday Morning''
Old 12.04.2009, 01:11 PM   #355
Stijn
bad moon rising

Stijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's assesStijn kicks all y'all's asses
Still the coolest band ever to face the earth
Can anyone recommend some unreleased or live gems?

Edit: this thread is keepin me busy for now =)
Stijn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2009, 04:45 PM   #356
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn

Like Hell they were.
Old 12.04.2009, 06:57 PM   #357
Seandi
stalker

Seandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's asses
Who was cooler?
Seandi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2009, 07:26 PM   #358
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I luv the velvet underground, and I'd probably collect more of their boots if they didn't all sorta sound the same. Like, w/ Stones bootlegs, you see how the Stones evolved over the years (meaning their best years 68-73 or so) and you hear those changes most pronounced on stage in their boots. W/ the vu it could all be from some same long tour.
Old 12.05.2009, 06:38 AM   #359
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Mah, John Cale area boot's and doug yule area boots sound quite diffrint. Yule's even got a offical livealbum, which is like a way poppier VU.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2009, 08:02 AM   #360
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn

Track 11 of the unbootlegged Warhol tapes. They sound like Sonic Youth before their time. Can't be arsed to up that, I'm afraid.
151617 18 1920 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth