Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Helping Vini Reilly
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.02.2013, 02:22 AM   #1
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Twitter post by Matt Reilly, who's Vini Reilly's nephew.

I've previously posted this on Facebook, but copied it over for those who aren't on there.

My uncle - The Durutti Column's Vini Reilly - has hit a bit of a rough patch money-wise, and is currently struggling to cover basic outgoings such as rent, food, electricity, etc.

Some of you have mentioned that you'd like to make a donation to Vini, which is incredibly kind, so we've been working out the best way to do that.

As Vini doesn't have internet access, I'm going to use my PayPal account to receive any donations and forward them to his bank account.

We looked into the PayPal situation and found out that using a donation button, as we’d previously hoped we might, results in fees being taken by PayPal even if they are personal payments.

So it seems the best way to do it is for people to just send a personal payment to my Paypal account, simply using my email address – mattreilly@hotmail.co.uk - as the ‘person’ receiving the money.

It also seems to be better to pay using your bank account rather than credit or debit cards, as that results no fee being charged.

Otherwise, it seems that about 5% of what people pay may be deducted in fees by PayPal.

Hopefully that all makes sense – the link to PayPal is: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/send

Any donation, no matter how big or small, is very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Matt Reilly
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kilgkg
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 10:35 AM   #2
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Oh. This is real. A series of strokes left him unable to play and make a living? Sad.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth