Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The wrongness of Jim Morrison's 'poetry' Vol. 1
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2006, 06:27 AM   #81
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
You've raised some curious points, porkmarras, so let's discuss pretension. Let's debate the merits of people that pretend to be more intelligent than they are for effect. Let's discuss the title of a thread called "Sonicl's sonnets VS Jim Morrison's poetry." Let us get down to the nitty-gritty & discuss a person that obviously deems themselves a literary critic to the degree that they start a topic called "The wrongness of Jim Morrison's 'poetry' Vol. 1."

sonnets?
"poetry" in quotes?
Vol. 1?

Give me a fucking break.

I, on the other hand, pull no punches & wrote only just yesterday that, "we are on an internet message board, so naturally, all of us are self-absorbed to some degree."

I, on the other hand, was merely defending & explaining myself as a result of multiple attacks from you & your ilk.
That's what you people do. That's your method. In rather "jailhouse mentality" fashion, you constantly needle someone until a button you can push is revealed.

All of this should be rather obvious, but it isn't because you are in D-E-N-I-A-L. It should be clearly ridiclous to yourself for you to call out someone & label them pretentious when you yourself are over-the-top with your pretension. How many fucking topics do you start per day? How many of those are designed to make you the focal point of attention? And out of all those countless topics, how many have anything to say at all? How many of those topics & posts imply that you are king shit? I've got news for you, & that news is that lots of people undoubtably think you are extremely full of yourself & the fact that you seem oblivious to it only serves to prove the point that you are deep in denial.

It cuts both ways, princess.
You post whatever you want to post when it suits you matey.I,on the other hand,am not afraid to make a tit of myself and besides,sometimes i am being totally serious even while cracking a joke.Oh and christ,the only records that you seem to listen to are those of Laurie Anderson and the like.Get a grip,didn't your mum teach you that the best type of intelligence is the one that questions everything?You seem to take everything that you read literally and that normally spawns pompous,ridicolous patterns of thought just just like yours.You deserve one more thread about cock,silly.Quick nurse,atari is cracking up!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2006, 08:51 AM   #82
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Intelligence is like underwear, everyone has it but you don't have to show it off.
Old 08.12.2006, 10:32 AM   #83
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
god, one of the most boring self-indulgent people in rock n' roll.

had he stayed on the course they set on the first album (and marginally half the second one) they would be avant-garde/punk trailblazers (in a way they are, ask patti smith and richard hell); but they ended up being a hippie/60s rock cliche.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2006, 11:20 AM   #84
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like Other Voices and Full Circle.
The Soft Parade is one of my favorites.

It debuted at Number 24 on the 9th of August 1969;
peaked at Number Six for two weeks, 23rd and 30th of August;
and was out of the charts after the 14th of February 1970.
Old 08.12.2006, 02:39 PM   #85
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Enough said.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2006, 05:47 PM   #86
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Most poems rhyme
This one doesn't
Old 08.12.2006, 06:06 PM   #87
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Hah. That was pretty corny, but I like it.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 01:56 PM   #88
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Roses are red
Marijuana's green
I love your legs
Especially what's in-between

---

The Wasp ( Texas Radio and the Big Beat )

I wanna tell you 'bout Texas Radio and the Big Beat

Comes out of the Virginia swamps
Cool and slow with plenty of precision
With a back beat narrow and hard to master

Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance
Others, mean and ruthful of the Western dream
I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft
We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping
This is the land where the Pharaoh died

The Negroes in the forest brightly feathered
They are saying, "Forget the night.
Live with us in forests of azure.
Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
Out here we is stoned - immaculate."

Listen to this, and I'll tell you 'bout the heartache
I'll tell you 'bout the heartache and the loss of God
I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night
The meager food for souls forgot
I'll tell you 'bout the maiden with raw iron soul

I'll tell you this
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

I'll tell you 'bout Texas Radio and the Big Beat
Soft drivin', slow and mad, like some new language

Now, listen to this, and I'll tell you 'bout the Texas
I'll tell you 'bout the Texas Radio
I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night
Wandering the Western dream

Tell you 'bout the maiden with raw iron soul

atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 02:23 PM   #89
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
AWAKE

Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity
First thing you see.

A vast radiant beach in a cool jeweled moon
Couples naked race down by its quiet side
And we laugh like soft, mad children
Smug in the woolly cotton brains on infancy.
The music and voices are all around us.
Choose, they croon, the Ancient Ones
The time has come again.
Choose now, they croon,
Beneath the moon
Beside an ancient lake.
Enter again the sweet forest,
Enter the hot dream,
Come with us,
Everything is broken up and dances.
Old 08.13.2006, 02:44 PM   #90
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
wtf...

WTF...?!?!

--

i was just thinking, have we run out of idiots to pick on, and now good people start to pick on each other for the fuck of it? if so-- where is daycare nation when we need a punching bag? can khchris come back to insult everybody so we can present a united front against him?

nobody has friends around here anymore, do they? yes yes-- "internet friends"-- it's not like face to face... however... ayayay... there used to be some kind of social fabric to this place, and whether it's from pent-up aggressions, sexual frustrations, or simple misunderstandings taken overboard, the thing appears to be coming apart at the seams.

you know, you used to like some people, put up with certain frustrations they caused you (as nobody is tailor-made to our tastes), and there were some disagreements, some friendly ribbing, the occasional pm exchange for clarification, and life went on happily. sure enough, there were the occassional or constitutional shitheads, as mentioned above, and we all dished it out on them in a merry act communal butchery-- but now?

here's my suggestion to everyone in general (i'm not singling out anybody, you hear?): have friends, have enemies; but random unfocused aggression makes for a pathetic board. really. this is a bitch-fest. wtf?? i fart in the general direction of this board. compared to what's going on, it will probably come as a breath of fresh air. ha ha.

okay now fuckers get over yourselves eh? i got better things to do on a sunday morning than looking at this shit. please, entertain...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 03:00 PM   #91
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^ i added a rant. have fun, motherfuckers.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 07:29 PM   #92
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wtf...

WTF...?!?!

--

i was just thinking, have we run out of idiots to pick on, and now good people start to pick on each other for the fuck of it? if so-- where is daycare nation when we need a punching bag? can khchris come back to insult everybody so we can present a united front against him?

nobody has friends around here anymore, do they? yes yes-- "internet friends"-- it's not like face to face... however... ayayay... there used to be some kind of social fabric to this place, and whether it's from pent-up aggressions, sexual frustrations, or simple misunderstandings taken overboard, the thing appears to be coming apart at the seams.

you know, you used to like some people, put up with certain frustrations they caused you (as nobody is tailor-made to our tastes), and there were some disagreements, some friendly ribbing, the occasional pm exchange for clarification, and life went on happily. sure enough, there were the occassional or constitutional shitheads, as mentioned above, and we all dished it out on them in a merry act communal butchery-- but now?

here's my suggestion to everyone in general (i'm not singling out anybody, you hear?): have friends, have enemies; but random unfocused aggression makes for a pathetic board. really. this is a bitch-fest. wtf?? i fart in the general direction of this board. compared to what's going on, it will probably come as a breath of fresh air. ha ha.

okay now fuckers get over yourselves eh? i got better things to do on a sunday morning than looking at this shit. please, entertain...

i can't rep you, but yeah, totally.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2006, 08:37 PM   #93
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I'll call 911 for you, !@#$%!, since someone must have been holding a gun to your head forcing you to read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Jim Morrison=Sophmoric Asshole

it's "sophomoric", asshole.

The "asshole" was added just to try & be funny, although...

yr kelsey grammer is an atrocious young man - Pookie
Old 08.14.2006, 01:18 AM   #94
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Jim Morrison was great poet. I got given one of his books actually.
Old 08.14.2006, 03:01 AM   #95
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Amber Valentine stole my first edition The Lords & the New Creatures.
Old 06.20.2011, 05:19 PM   #96
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
This is from Jim Morrison's years. It was all downhill from here:

I had me a wench from East Broint
Who bade me her skin to anoint
The girl had arthritis
And so I decided
She wouldn’t mind one more stiff joint.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2011, 07:45 PM   #97
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know why you resurrected this thread, but I sure am glad you did.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2011, 07:14 AM   #98
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Did you explain to her that daddy was a punk once?

Kitty had a little duck
Who only had one leg
And always toppled over
When she tried to lay an egg.

Kitty put a clothes peg
Where the other leg should be
Now she is a happy duck,
Dancing merrily.

Kitty called her Peggy
Which is a lovely name
For a happy little duck
Who is no longer lame.

Peggy went down to the shops
To buy Kitty a gift
The gifts were on the second floor
So Peggy took the lift.

She bought Kitty some badges
To pin upon her coats
Then she went down to the river
To play among the boats.

Peggy met a little drake
Who said his name was Barry
And peggy fell in love with him
And now they're going to marry.

They will have little ducklings
Called Mary, Tom and Dan
And they'll love their friend Kitty
As much as any duckling can.

So that's the little story
Of Kitty and her duck
And how one act of kindness
Brought them both lots of luck.

It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better, but apart from that it was excellent.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2011, 07:16 AM   #99
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
This is from Jim Morrison's years. It was all downhill from here:

I had me a wench from East Broint
Who bade me her skin to anoint
The girl had arthritis
And so I decided
She wouldn’t mind one more stiff joint.

Did Jim Morrison seriously write that? If he did, he clearly had a sense of humour.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth