Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.14.2019, 09:05 PM   #41941
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
Honey is bee vomit.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2019, 09:07 PM   #41942
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
Honey is bee vomit.
goes great with peanut butter too
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2019, 09:12 PM   #41943
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
is his name humbert humbert?
Oof - I had to google it to get the reference.

Basically, a girl is just idly browsing through Tinder, getting plenty of matches (including one guy who graphically said he wanted to pound her) despite the fact that she's 16 and none of this is okay. The teacher eventually finds out what she's doing, and they end up talking with him trying to convince her to stop.

From my eavesdropping, our tastes are really different.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2019, 09:17 PM   #41944
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Oof - I had to google it to get the reference.

Basically, a girl is just idly browsing through Tinder, getting plenty of matches (including one guy who graphically said he wanted to pound her) despite the fact that she's 16 and none of this is okay. The teacher eventually finds out what she's doing, and they end up talking with him trying to convince her to stop.

From my eavesdropping, our tastes are really different.
lmfao

oh

i thought teach was trying to show off his tinder mojo

(hence h.h., of sorts)
Old 07.14.2019, 09:20 PM   #41945
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i thought teach was trying to show off his tinder mojo

(hence h.h., of sorts)
I know nothing about my teacher's Tinder activities - or general dating life.

I did learn he's the same age as the creep who sent the pounding message. When my friend said she was actually 16 (followed by 'please don't report me'), he said 'well, the age of consent in Victoria is 16' - how does she not see this as terrifying and wrong and gross?
Old 07.14.2019, 09:31 PM   #41946
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I know nothing about my teacher's Tinder activities - or general dating life.

I did learn he's the same age as the creep who sent the pounding message. When my friend said she was actually 16 (followed by 'please don't report me'), he said 'well, the age of consent in Victoria is 16' - how does she not see this as terrifying and wrong and gross?
i dont mean to defend creepos here, but probably the reason why she doesnt see it as terrifying and wrong and gross is... biology?

some part of her must feel she’s hot shit because she’s being treated “like a woman” (though clearly by a predator).

up until recent times women often married in their teenage years and often it was older men. sometimes reeeeally old and then she’d get a younger lover and you’d have the plays of garcía lorca that featured knife fights.

but then again i think teenagers did not exist as such either. that shit is a recent invention. once you hit puberty and got your initiation or whatever, you were ready to reproduce.

e.g., traditional mexicans still celebrate the quinceañera as the entry of a girl into womanhood. in some cultures, all you need is a girl’s first period and it’s off to the races. and the jewish bar mitzvah says a boy becomes a man... at 13.

times obviously have changed, especially in the west, but we’re pitting millions of years of evolution vs.a few decades of changing mores.
Old 07.14.2019, 11:32 PM   #41947
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Apparently a bunch of my friends smoked some weed at a party on the weekend - including a girl who really surprised me...
Old 07.15.2019, 01:11 AM   #41948
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

I have argued with my dad so many times that I can now have entire arguments with him in my head. He won, as usual.
Old 07.15.2019, 06:15 AM   #41949
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
My kittie has been extra lovey in the morning. The rest of the day not so much. I guess you grab the gold ring when it comes around and be grateful for what you get.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2019, 04:38 PM   #41950
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Apparently a bunch of my friends smoked some weed at a party on the weekend - including a girl who really surprised me...

Weed isn’t bad. Just don’t do it too much as an adolescent....like many things. It stunts growth in da braiiin.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2019, 04:39 PM   #41951
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Wahhh just got settled in this past weekend in Chicago. Got stranded in Ogallala N.E.. will update more later...
Old 07.15.2019, 04:52 PM   #41952
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Weed isn’t bad. Just don’t do it too much as an adolescent....like many things. It stunts growth in da braiiin.
sigh...I feel like we've had this conversation a million times.

I know weed isn't terrible (one of my friends tried to pull the 'better for you than alcohol' card, ignoring the fact I don't drink*), but I've spent my entire life being told that drugs will fuck me up.
The issue is, I kinda want to be fucked up? And I'm stuck in this awkward position between really wanting to try shit - expand my horizons etc. - and being way too scared to, and knowing I shouldn't.

Maybe I just want it in the same way girls want bad boys

*Related: what's so great about being drunk? My mouthful of alcohol was shit, but all my friends have said 'it doesn't matter, you just need to drink more of it'. And I don't get it...
Old 07.15.2019, 05:11 PM   #41953
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

alcohol loosens your inhibitions. which depending where you are and with whom, it can either be a great or a terrible thing.

usually in my teenage years this meant i’d end up with my buddies in the classic “i love you maaaaaan....” situation.

every now and then you find a weepy drunk (lol, terrible) or a violent one (dangerous).

some risks include: unleashing a part of you that you’re not ready to reveal (in vino veritas, and yeah i don’t fully trust nondrinkers lololol). mixing up with pills/medications/other. drunk driving and involuntary manslaughter. intoxication and vomit with potential choking. passing out and waking up to being raped/gangraped.

part of the art of sane drinking consists in knowing how much you can handle and hitting a sweet spot. i’d explain more but i gtg this second, so more later.
Old 07.16.2019, 12:39 AM   #41954
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Symbols hit it. It’s about knowing your sweet spot. I didn’t really start drinking until I turned 21. I was already smoking weed and sloppy drunks are a turn off...and by sloppy I mean like cannot walk and literally speaking gibberish. In high school I had only gotten drunk a handful of times. I just preferred smoking. Because I didn’t start until 21, I was an awful drunk. I was trying to keep up with friends but I was still building a tolerance. Anyway...don’t rush to drink or do anything(we had this convo too before), you’ll have time to enjoy them. And you definitely don’t need vices to be a “fucked up” person.
Old 07.16.2019, 01:08 AM   #41955
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
now that I FINALLY decided to stop drinking alcohol, I am learning all the other stuff you can have hangovers from. I had a junk food hangover yesterday. Once you eliminate one enemy, another one shows up, or I am just getting to know my body again, idk
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2019, 02:00 PM   #41956
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Oh god! Junk food hang overs are the worst thooouugghhh.
Old 07.16.2019, 02:32 PM   #41957
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

so i wanted to follow up with the info that alcohol can be addictive for both psychological and physiological reasons, if i understand correctly.

psychologically, shy people can rely on it like a crutch. “dutch courage” and what not. and at the same time that it’s a depressant (it depresses certain functions of the brain) it’s also an energizer. so you can be less self-conscious and dance dance dance dance dance to the radio... (and then hang yourself the next morning). mutes become silvertongues, cowards become brawlers, and beer goggles remove all doubts.

furthermore, with busy/worried people, the overactive mind shuts down, which allows people to relax. this is why stats show that actually the more educated people are the more they tend to drink, ha ha ha ha. at least in the usa. im talking about everyday consumption not bingeing.

part of the relaxation effect is due to the release of endorphins upon drinking. yes, these are the same endorphins that you get from a dash of hot sauce or running long distance.

and this is what actually seems to drive the physiological addiction and the excessive quaffing: the opiate pathway. people start to “need” the drink to quell all sorts of negative emotions, often with contradictory consequences, eg., drinking while angry removes the anger suppression, and this is how people end up in fights/shootouts/abuse situations.

ssssoooo.... it’s definitely a risky thing, and if you have the tendency to get hooked on escapisms, outright dangerous.

how you fare with it is not just a matter of sheer willpower, but a mix of genetics, luck, culture, family history, and so forth.

speaking of culture... aussies are famous worldwide for overdoing it.

for examples of an ace drinking culture, look to the italians and their evening aperitivos, which are more preludes to great food than anything.
Old 07.16.2019, 06:27 PM   #41958
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Giŕl on TV just said "I had no idea it would be so hard trying to cut the avocado", while slicing it including the seed

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2019, 06:08 PM   #41959
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

The bright side of having no friends in class is that I'm able to spread my books and laptop and shit across an entire table, rather than just half of one.
Old 07.17.2019, 08:05 PM   #41960
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

I need to make friends with the kids who bring fish and chips in at recess.
1598199820482088209520962097 2098 2099210021012108 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth