Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Comets On Fire Interview
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2007, 05:03 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...comets-on-fire

I didnt like Avatar as much as Blue Cathedral.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 05:27 PM   #2
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the link.

I didn't like Avatar as much as Blue Cathedral either. Field Recordings from the Sun is also pretty awesome if you haven't heard it.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 05:40 AM   #3
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for that.
Ive heard parts of the collabaration they did with Burning Star Core and that's pretty good too.
I also love Six Organs of Admittance.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2007, 02:44 PM   #4
Damian
little trouble girl

Damian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's asses
hehey
great band ! I really think they same as you Avatar is not as good as Blue Cathedral
Damian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2007, 03:20 PM   #5
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Sadly, I heard Comets broke up...
since Ethan Miller is doing Howlin' Rain w/ Sunburned's John Maloney
and the new touring Six Organs line-up is Ben Chasney w/ Elisa Ambrogio (of Magik Markers fame)
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
So it did happen then?
I had heard rumors.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2007, 04:37 PM   #7
dnorsen
bad moon rising

dnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's asses
not true. they finished a tour of europe a week ago. moloney has also been out of howlin' rain since last summer. they've got a new drummer and another member a believe. i did hear of a sabbactical, but each of their albums is pretty paced apart in years... so i wouldnt worry
Old 06.08.2007, 05:23 PM   #8
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Damn, that would suck pretty bad if it they've really broken up. I hope it wasn't really one of their last shows in Amsterdam just a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone provide more info on their sources? It just strikes me now that I may have overheard a conversation of their drummer at the merch table who seemed to be implying something about it being his last tour with the band, but nothing about them breaking up or whatsoever. But I'm not even sure if that's what he really said.

I'm googling now, but the only thing I found is in Drowned in Sound's Primavera review, where they mention it was their last ever show (integral performance of Blue Cathedral as part of the ATP Don't Look Back series). Mind you, I can't trust DiS anymore as they've been proven to speak out of their asses before. Before the last Six Organs album came out, The Sun Awakens, they falsely stated that it was going to be a Chasny/Moloney/Corsano lineup. Maybe this time it's just one member leaving the band? Hope so...

It would also be poor journalism from Pitchfork when they publish an interview with the band on June 1st without mentioning any of this. Not that Pitchfork are known for their high standards anyway, but for now I still like to believe dnorsen is right until I'll read official news elsewhere... Chasny has combined Six Organs with Comets on Fire for years and I don't expect Moloney is also going to leave Sunburned?
Old 06.08.2007, 05:34 PM   #9
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

By the way, that Paradiso show can be viewed here.
www.fabchannel.com
(then search for it, 27-05-2007)

There's a direct link here, but you probably want to view it by going to fabchannel yourself and search for it, as the direct link is intended for embedding the vids into other sites and has annoying advertisements for fabchannel in between every song.

Pity they were playing on a Sunday afternoon as a support act, in a pretty empty main hall to a crowd largely uninterested because they were waiting for Red Sparrowes. If they've really broken up I'll regret not going to the Tilburg show instead where they were the main band.
Old 06.09.2007, 03:38 PM   #10
dnorsen
bad moon rising

dnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's assesdnorsen kicks all y'all's asses
actually the chasny/moloney/corsano lineup for six organs sort-of happened, only for those lucky in new england really for a couple shows. i was able to catch one of the shows and it was really fuckin' good... i doubt they are broken up. each member has their own bands and there has always been a period of time between each album where they do they own thing then come back...
Old 06.10.2007, 12:20 PM   #11
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

I meant that they wrote that that was the lineup which had actually recorded the album. I suspect they got confused with Indoor Eagle who played a show in London at the time.

Anyway, I still havent seen any reliable news that CoF have split up and noone here is providing any info about their sources so I'm going to doubt it as well...
Old 06.10.2007, 05:04 PM   #12
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
Does anybody here have any live audio or video of Comets? I'd be very interested in a trade if anyone does.
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 05:12 PM   #13
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

If you're happy with streaming audio/video, there's a complete live video in that link I posted above^

also a streaming concert from 2005 here:
http://3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/ondemand/20966658
Old 06.10.2007, 05:18 PM   #14
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks. Yes I've been happily enjoying the video you posted above.
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth