Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The 2020 USA Election Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.08.2021, 08:42 AM   #841
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Scramway
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2021, 09:23 AM   #842
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
his inbrethren?

Ohhhh hoho!

*Licks finger, placies it on imaginary ironing board*

TSSSSSS!

(*Washes hands until they bleed, then sanitizes, then puts on gloves*)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2021, 09:34 AM   #843
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

On a separate note I'm actually surprised Tesla got banned.

And Robert Schunk?? How long ago was he banned? I think I missed something.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2021, 09:42 AM   #844
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit

You missed that I was fuckin' right is what you missed.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2021, 09:43 AM   #845
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

He was banned? Missed that one. I just thought he was being a bit quiet. I don't think he had said anything particularly outrageous. There was the usual waffle but hardly the shit Tesla was coming out with.

Did anyone call out for a ban?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2021, 09:49 AM   #846
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
He was banned? Missed that one. I just thought he was being a bit quiet. I don't think he had said anything particularly outrageous. There was the usual waffle but hardly the shit Tesla was coming out with.

Yeah, same, I don't come here often but I just noticed the "banned" and 0 post count under his username (the posts are still there, even if the count says 0). His profile says "Last Activity: Yesterday 04:44 AM" (I guess that's my TZ). And I don't recall him saying anything worse than other posters either, but perhaps I just missed that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
You missed that I was fuckin' right is what you missed.

Ha ha, did you call it? I haven't read all the posts in this thread..
Old 01.08.2021, 10:03 AM   #847
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Ha ha, did you call it? I haven't read all the posts in this thread..

I didn't know it was going to happen, and I didn't ask the mods directly. I said it was what should happen, because lies are not "views", they're motherfucking lies, etc.

Maybe Lee requested the ban. That would have been truly awesome.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 01.08.2021, 12:05 PM   #848
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Five people dead, man. Five lives lost because of this third-rate Mussolini wannabe's butthurt. Sure, four of them were moronic MAGAssholes, but Trump sent them there as cannon fodder.

I don't care if the guy has just a week left in office - impeach the motherfucker again, use the 25th ammendment, SOMETHING. Please, This Shit Has Got To Stop.

Old 01.08.2021, 02:30 PM   #849
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

From The New York Times:

Quote:
Opinion
Running Out the Clock on Trump Is Cowardly and Dangerous

Forget the 25th Amendment. It’s Congress that was attacked and Congress that must act.

By Jamelle Bouie
Opinion Columnist

The most shocking thing about Wednesday’s assault on the Capitol is that it happened. A mob of Trump supporters, some of them armed, stormed and vandalized both chambers of Congress, sending duly-elected lawmakers into hiding and interrupting the peaceful transition of power from one administration to the next.

That this was whipped up by the president — “We’re going to walk down to the Capitol and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them” — makes it an actual attack on the separation of powers: an attempt, by the executive, to subvert the legislature by force and undermine the foundation of constitutional government.

Nearly as shocking as the attack itself has been the response from Congress. On Wednesday night, its members resumed their count of the electoral vote and certified Joe Biden as the next president of the United States. So far so good. But then they adjourned into recess. It was Thursday afternoon before the Democratic leadership — Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the soon-to-be Senate Majority leader, Chuck Schumer — called for the president’s removal. And even then, they urged the vice president, Mike Pence, to use the 25th Amendment to do it, with impeachment as a backstop.

This is backward. A physical attack on Congress by violent Trump supporters egged on by the president demands a direct response from Congress itself. Impeachment and conviction is that response. To rely on the executive branch to get Trump out of the White House is to abdicate the legislature’s constitutional responsibility to check presidential lawbreaking.

There’s also the question of those members of Congress, like Senators Ted Cruz of Texas and Josh Hawley of Missouri, who helped bring the president’s mob into fruition by backing the effort to contest and overturn the electoral vote, an effort they carried on even after the Capitol was breached and terrorized Wednesday. Even if it’s just a motion to censure, Congress needs to act.

The alternative — to go slow, or worse, to take no action at all — will only create a sense of impunity. And American history offers ample evidence of how impunity in the face of mob violence can lead to something much worse than the chaos and mayhem on Wednesday. As it is, five people have died as a direct result of the mob attack on the Capitol.

On Sept. 14, 1874, more than 3,500 members of the White League — a paramilitary force of ex-Confederates and Democratic partisans — seized control of the Louisiana state house in New Orleans, as well as the city hall and the arsenal. They aimed to depose Gov. William Pitt Kellogg, a Republican, and install his Democratic opponent from the previous election in 1872.

It almost worked. White Leaguers overwhelmed an opposing force of Black state militia (led by James Longstreet, a Confederate general turned staunch supporter of the state’s Reconstruction government), took control of the city and even held an inauguration for the man, John McEnery, who would lead a “redeemed” Louisiana. Within days, however, news of the coup reached Washington, where an enraged President Ulysses S. Grant ordered troops to New Orleans. Rather than fight a pitched battle for control of the city, the White League surrendered, allowing Kellogg to return as governor shortly thereafter.

There was no punishment for the men who planned this attempted coup. So there was no reason not to try again. After the 1876 election, the White League seized New Orleans for a second time, ensuring victory for Francis T. Nicholls, the Democratic candidate for governor, and effectively ending Reconstruction in the state.

Just as important, the White League became a model for others in the South who sought an end to “Negro rule” in their states. In 1875, “White-Line” Democrats in Mississippi began a campaign of terror ahead of an election for state treasurer. They targeted Republican officials for assassination, sparked riots where Black citizens were beaten and killed, and sent armed vigilantes to break up campaign meetings and drive Black voters away from the polls. “Carry the election peaceably if we can,” declared one Democratic newspaper editor in the state, “forcibly if we must.”

The next year, in South Carolina, white Democrats used a similar approach — violence, fraud and intimidation — to “redeem” the state from Republican control and to try to deliver its electoral votes to Samuel Tilden, the Democratic nominee for president.

The toppling of Reconstruction was not the inevitable result of white racism. It was contingent on any number of factors, with uncontrolled violence near the top of the list. The vigilantes and paramilitaries — the White Leagues and Red shirts — operated with virtual impunity as they beat, killed and terrorized Black voters and their Republican allies. They demonstrated, again and again, that the state was weak and could be challenged and taken.

Despite its violence, the mob on Wednesday was, in many respects, very silly. Once inside the Capitol, they took selfies with police and posed for photos with each other. There were livestreams and a few people even wore costumes. They also took the time to grab souvenirs; a podium here, a letter from the Speaker’s office there. It was a big game, a lark.

But a lark can still have serious consequences. This particular mob successfully breached the Capitol in an effort, however inchoate, to install Donald Trump as president for a second time, against the will of the majority of voters and their electors. The mob failed to change the outcome of the election, but it showed the world what was possible. If the mob and its enablers — the president and his allies — walk away unpunished, then the mob will return.

Again, five people are dead who were alive when Wednesday began. Next time, it might be dozens. Or hundreds. Next time, our government might not bounce back so easily. Here, Congress doesn’t need courage. It just needs a sense of self-preservation.

Old 01.08.2021, 04:36 PM   #850
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

This clown again... From Newsweek:

Quote:
Graham told reporters on Thursday that removing Trump was inappropriate "at this point," but added: "Now, if something else happens, all options would be on the table."

"Something else" like what, you fucking whore? Bombs falling over Georgia?

Old 01.08.2021, 04:52 PM   #851
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

From Paste:

Quote:
This Is Who We Are: The Capitol Riots Are a Mirror We Shouldn’t Turn Away From

By Joyce Chen | January 8, 2021 | 2:30pm

On Wednesday, President-Elect Joe Biden tweeted, in part, “Let me be very clear: the scenes of chaos at the Capitol do not represent who we are.” And while he is right that the vast majority of American citizens do not believe that donning arms and storming the Capitol is an acceptable way to act, there is actually something harmful about denying that these rioters are the direct products of America’s lasting legacy of white supremacy. The sentiment of “this is not who we are” is one that gets used a lot after terrible things happen, ostensibly to boost morale and promote a return to common decency. But downplaying reality and pretending that our nation has always been one that promotes all things civil, just and equitable, is wrong. It is whitewashing the history of violence that has very much always defined America for anyone hailing from any marginalized community in the States.

Make no mistake about it: White supremacy and racial violence are ingrained into the marrow of our country’s bones. Lest we forget (and as a nation, we sure do try hard to), America was founded on the genocide of millions of Indigenous peoples. Manifest Destiny depended upon the death and destruction of existing societies and ways of living. Race itself is a social construct that came about after the Black Death wiped out an entire class of white indentured servants, so as to justify stealing and enslaving people from Africa. Remember Jim Crow. Remember segregation. Remember the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882. Yellow Peril. Vincent Chin. Japanese concentration camps. How white people living in the parts of Mexico that are now California and Texas straight up seceded from the country. Because they could. Remember Puerto Rico, because the U.S. so often chooses not to. Of course, this is only the most cursory of lists of all the ways white supremacy has dictated our history. And, importantly, this is only what’s taken place on our soil—this doesn’t even begin to touch upon the problematic issues of missionaries, the white savior complex, and neocolonialism, which continues to peddle lies in order to give old white businessmen access to resources in less well-off nations.

This is who we are. As a nation, this is the legacy our forefathers left for us. America as it exists today came to be this way because of white supremacy, not in spite of it.

Think about segregation again. We now know, in hindsight, that there was nothing “equal” about the “separate but equal” way that our nation was divided at the end of the 19th century. And yet, our schools are still segregated today, more than 60 years after Brown v. Board of Education. Think about the prison system. Redlining. Voter suppression. Women’s rights. Unequal pay. Boys’ clubs, Ivy Leagues, discrimination within hiring practices and the language with which we speak about these inequities. This is not the past we’re talking about here. This is present-day, current-policy, proud-to-be-an-American America. We define who we are by how we talk about ourselves, and what we choose to leave out or distance ourselves from.

White supremacy is still who we are.

It’s baked into the fact that Trump’s supporters were given wide berth when they forced their way into the Capitol Wednesday, while peaceful Black Lives Matter protestors were tear-gassed, shot at and manhandled last summer. It’s obvious in how plenty of liberal white folks were appalled by the entirely predictable actions of the conspiracy-theory-wielding mob. (Because willful innocence is part of white supremacy, too.) And it sure as hell is present in the accusation that anyone who dares to criticize America’s white winner-take-all mentality is “unpatriotic.” White supremacy is not just people in white hoods and angry rioters with guns. When we assume there is a “them” to deal with versus an “us” to fix, we perpetuate these cycles of harm.

Sports are huge in America—and around the globe—because we want to have something to root for, to rally around. We thrive on competition and winning and teams. We want to believe in people, things, ideas and possibilities. This is who we are, too. But when we accept the false claim that this “isn’t who we are” when it comes to white supremacy, we’re distancing ourselves from ourselves and inevitably failing to do the hard work of examining our own complicity within an unjust system. No one likes looking at themselves in the mirror after a rough night, but maybe we have to start to do that in order to learn our own limits.

We as human beings are primed for an “us vs. them” mentality; it’s how we’ve survived thus far as a species. But when fellow American citizens have in fact been dying at the hands of white supremacy for millennia, hearing politicians claim “this is is not who we are” rings false. It’s the same as white people standing on their soap boxes to say “hey white people”—it’s well-intentioned, but you can’t separate yourself from who and what you are. Doing so places the blame on outliers and individuals, and ignores the systems and foundational beliefs that continue to encourage white supremacy rather than combat it. And if we don’t first acknowledge this fact, then we won’t ever actually take the steps to address our societal ills. Just ask anyone who’s been through a 12-step program.

So instead of retorting that “this isn’t who we are,” maybe what we can proclaim instead is that “this isn’t who we want to be.” Because as much as we want to distance ourselves from the rioters in DC, they are the product of the very systems and policies that have given rise to America in the first place. History is holding up a mirror to us as a nation again and again, and we have to stop looking away.

As the late and great Dr. Maya Angelou once said, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” White supremacy is who we are as a society, and it’s time we stop deluding ourselves so we can actually, actively, get to work dismantling it.

Old 01.08.2021, 09:17 PM   #852
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Old 01.08.2021, 09:54 PM   #853
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Regarding Bobby Skunk, I wouldn't say his posts were any more offensive than Banther piss'. I'm surprised only he has gone.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2021, 05:38 AM   #854
nicfit
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Regarding Bobby Skunk, I wouldn't say his posts were any more offensive than Banther piss'. I'm surprised only he has gone.

Exactly. Perhaps the difference is that Bytor has been an “active member” of this board for years, and his contribution to other sections of sy gossip somehow balances his posts here, dunno.. I don’t necessarily wish/demand for BP’s ban, just to make things clear, but a word from the mods could help understanding their choices and be a useful reference for the future.
Old 01.09.2021, 08:00 AM   #855
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i missed this one

http://sonicyouth.com/sonicnews/?p=5981

New SY Youth Against Fascism Tee available for a limited time via our webstore

also via our EU store here with funds going to United for InterCultural Action (the European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants, refugees and minorities.)

Food for thought: the upcoming election is a serious pivot point for the U.S. and it is alarming how many past lyrics remain timely, including those from “Youth Against Fascism”. […] All net proceeds from the sale of these shirts less manufacturing costs will be split between the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and the “Get Mitch Or Die Trying” fund via @votesaveamerica . Both of these funds are focused on trying to push the control of the US Senate back into Democratic hands in an effort to better control judicial nominations and legislative priorities. We will be donating once a week during this sale period to get funds into the hands of these entities as quickly as possible during these important races.

etc etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2021, 09:25 AM   #856
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Exactly. Perhaps the difference is that Bytor has been an “active member” of this board for years, and his contribution to other sections of sy gossip somehow balances his posts here, dunno.. I don’t necessarily wish/demand for BP’s ban, just to make things clear, but a word from the mods could help understanding their choices and be a useful reference for the future.

To be clear, not once in all my years here at SYG do I recall receiving word from a moderator concerning any of the content I posted. I would hope such a warning would find it’s way to anyone’s inbox before taking the drastic measure of shutting someone down. Also, on the few occasions when I reported rude and harassing behavior, I never received word from a moderator that they had received my complaint or that they even addressed the subject with that SYG member. However, I suspect the mods did address it because symbols stopped following my post in other threads (what are you listening to/last album bought) with Nazi imagery, people taking craps and pigporn.

Quote:

Once again, quote and reply! What offensive post of mine are you referring to?

Quote:
This obsession he has with quotes and dates of when things were said and done resembles the same characteristics of someone with compulsive disorder pertaining to the autistic spectrum. All just to try and win arguments resulting in a boost to his fragile ego and Patriotic(lol) masculinity. The mind baffles

My obsession with quotes and dates is to focus the attention on what was said. Addressing the narrative and not making it personal by attacking the individual. I have no doubt this is reflective in my SYG posting history. As I’ve stated numerous times in the past, it’s okay if we disagree!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2021, 09:50 AM   #857
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Nazi imagery, people taking craps and pigporn.
isn't that what you do here all day?

mental excrement, neonazi retweets, trump propaganda, disgraceful lies, qanon bullshit, etc.-- then play the victim?

just because you're polite to the point of smarminess it doesn't make you any less toxic or less sinister.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2021, 02:06 PM   #858
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I'm happy to be wrong. This bitch has legs!! You can always trust Trump to step on his own dick at crucial moments.

(Wapo has now released the entire 1hr.)

Edit: Read the transcript!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...356_story.html

This was the previous post I made in this thread.

Anything been going on since then? (Sarcasm, that.)

Remember when this phone-call was the big news? Those were the days.

I'll assume that Byteme, Skunk, Demonrail, Tesla et al are still defending this asshole?
Old 01.09.2021, 02:10 PM   #859
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I'd think that the poster is a dipshit and/or mentally challenged. And that's more/less also the case of Bytor.

You can think anything of tis poster but as long as he's not promoting an ideology that's preaching harm to others (nazism, racism, etc.), I don't see a reason to ban him.
Sure, we can argue that Trumpism is literally alt-right and alt-right is nowhere far from promoting racism and hate speech, but I haven't seen any comments in this regard from Bytor whatsoever.
He's a good-natured dude who is a bit confused and believes in the wrong guy.

Anyway, letting him speak his mind and not banning him is, for me, the fundament or liberal democracy, which is the set of values that I promote all my life.

Fuck no!!

I have seen many quoted posts from Byteme that DO preach harm to others, directly or indirectly. He is NOT a good natured Dude. He spews forth The Word of extremist, alt-right, white supremacist bullshit, and I can find such posts if you want to argue this point.
Old 01.09.2021, 02:22 PM   #860
Skuj
invito al cielo

Quote:

If these two got banned, then why the fuck is Byteme still here? (If he is.)
404142 43 444546 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth