Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Fender Signature Guitars
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.26.2009, 02:27 AM   #1
mkuboot
empty page

mkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's asses
Finally, SY signature guitars by Fender.
These will go well with my SY T-shirts, my SY coffee-mug, and my SY underpants...can't wait to put on my Thurston-wig - I'll post a pic!

Sorry for the rant, but where's the point in all this?
Ain't it more fun to tailor a guitar to your own needs and PLAY?
If we put out a Guitar-Hero version of it, the kids don't even need to play themselves anymore...

I've cherished SY for their art since Kill Your Idols.
Now everybody line up to shell out for the sell-out...
By the way, which one is Pink?

Light, More Light...
GOETHE
mkuboot is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2009, 12:32 PM   #2
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Welcome to the boards.

Good points, but please use the Search function: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32021&highlight=Lee+Thurston+sign ature+guitars
Old 08.26.2009, 12:39 PM   #3
mrkingruss
empty page

mrkingruss has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Tailoring your own guitar - That's what they did! At least Sonic Youth actually play their signature models unlike so many other guitarists.

£1800 is far too much for any guitar in my opinion. I struggle to see who is actually going to buy these. I guess that is Fenders problem, not Sonic Youth's.
Old 08.26.2009, 02:08 PM   #4
thesilverrocket
little trouble girl

thesilverrocket has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I bought one. I play it. It rocks. Wish I would have been able to afford it 15 years ago when I was in a band. I have lots of guitars, most are modified. This one is as it is, and will be. Super psyched that Fender had the balls to put this project together. Wonder how many they'll make/sell.

btw- - purchased the Thurston model...
Old 08.26.2009, 02:10 PM   #5
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Welcome to the boards.

Good points, but please use the Search function: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32021&highlight=Lee+Thurston+sign ature+guitars

that was harsh man. Lighten the F up.
Old 08.26.2009, 02:11 PM   #6
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilverrocket

btw- - purchased the Thurston model...

damn dude. How much was it?
Old 08.26.2009, 04:23 PM   #7
mkuboot
empty page

mkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's assesmkuboot kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Welcome to the boards.

Actually:

1. Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.

2. That was a bit harsh indeed, although you are right of course.

3. I apologise for not using the search function!

4. For anyone interested, I read about the sigs for the 1st time today. I'm in Germany, so news take a while to get here sometimes.
As the sensitive may have noticed, the news about the sigs just led me to immediate-emotion-overflow: Find website, sign up, post comment - the normal chain of systematic, analytic & self-reflective thinking that divides man from animal...

Seriously, I would not necessarily have thought SY would sign up for this kind of business for several reasons.
Anyway, I'm happy SY get Fender's recognition.
I'm also happy for the guys that have bought/will buy one - I'm sure they are great guitars!

Light, More Light...
GOETHE
mkuboot is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2009, 04:41 PM   #8
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkuboot
2. That was a bit harsh indeed, although you are right of course.

Actually I was making a joke. You got off light. I'm the one who's usually super harsh to new posters that post redundant threads. So yeah. Joke.
Old 08.26.2009, 05:04 PM   #9
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, yeah that wasn't harsh at all.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2009, 09:47 AM   #10
thesilverrocket
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
damn dude. How much was it?

the list price: $1620 with tax. It's an exact copy of the guitars they play. I couldn't resist– this is a beauty. The booklet that Lee designed is great info, not so great design (mediocre typography)... Comes with a strap, a cable, an extra set of strings, a sheet of stickers, in a beautiful hardshell case. It came tuned perfectly-- but in STANDARD, not an SY tuning... kinda thrown off by that think that they (fender) went through all the trouble to make a killer guitar for a killer band, they would have strung it up with one of the tunings from the booklet.
Old 08.27.2009, 09:50 AM   #11
noisereductions
invito al cielo

yeah I've seen em, and the sticker books. I don't have that sorta loot to drop on fun stuff though.
Old 08.27.2009, 09:59 AM   #12
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
would it be "against the rules" to ask for some scans of the accompaining booklet? I don't think it could hurt sells in any way, but you know, gotta respect our hosts .
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2009, 10:14 AM   #13
thesilverrocket
little trouble girl

I could prolly do that.. low rez and watermarked... ; )
Old 08.27.2009, 11:34 AM   #14
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Or high quality scans, but "shared" only in private .
In any case, any input will be much appreciated!
Old 08.27.2009, 12:00 PM   #15
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, i wanna see the strap and stickers too.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2009, 05:49 PM   #16
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
i'd hold off til someone official chimes in, but 'whatever'...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2009, 04:53 AM   #17
nicfit
invito al cielo

oki doki, I'm down with waiting for some sort of approval (or for insults).
Old 08.30.2009, 02:12 PM   #18
rseymour
empty page

rseymour has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
The zine is a treasure trove of info regarding tunings and string gauges. I just got the Lee model. I think I've been waiting for this guitar for 14 years. It's it for me. Gorgeous too. I can't wait to bust it out live this coming wednesday. Probably my favorite guitar. It came with a little dent in it, which I figure will be the first of many. I bought it at Sam Ash in LA, they still have one Thurston. I really dug the jumbo frets of the Thurston, but the volume placement and the humbuckers of the Lee model were what I had to get.

So... kill yr idols... but damn they made a nice pair of guitars.
rseymour is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2009, 02:28 PM   #19
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
out of interest, does it come from the factory in standard tuning?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2009, 03:57 PM   #20
TommySY
empty page

TommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's assesTommySY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
out of interest, does it come from the factory in standard tuning?

yes
TommySY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth