Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page mccarren park
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.29.2007, 04:41 PM   #21
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
Great to meet you guys too! Not too many of my friends like Sonic Youth, so it's always great to meet other fans.

One part of the show that was pretty funny was some guy next to us turning Providence into a sing-along! I also loved that Lee inserted the year "1922" into the ending of Hey Joni.

Lee was totally struggling for years. I was waiting for 2006, but it didn't come, haha.
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 04:57 PM   #22
tomvu
empty page

tomvu has much to be proud oftomvu has much to be proud oftomvu has much to be proud oftomvu has much to be proud oftomvu has much to be proud oftomvu has much to be proud oftomvu has much to be proud oftomvu has much to be proud oftomvu has much to be proud of
some pictures I took from the show...

More here: http://flickr.com/photos/tomvu/sets/72157601077441624/
tomvu is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 06:43 PM   #23
hooligan37
little trouble girl

hooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asses
Hey,I was front row center. I was the tall skinny guy with black shirt that said "Upton Park". Anyways unbeleivable show. Not 1 mistake. But I got to admit , I didnt like The Slits. Horrible. Anyways,anyone know where I could read a review from a newspaper or magazine to see what they thought of the show.
hooligan37 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 06:53 PM   #24
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
well fuck all of you. i'm eating kimchi.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 08:12 PM   #25
turtle
empty page

turtle has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Incredible show last night in Brooklyn. Having spent countless years in underground clubs and random venues listening to bands who have been influenced by SY, even I somehow forgot how precious the real thing is. To hear the guys absolutely nail songs from an album that floored me back when I listened to it on an old tape player was nothing short of transporting. The seamless transition from Daydream Nation to Rather Ripped represented a melodic and temporal leap that no other band on the planet can or would even attempt on stage. The precision, timing, stage presence – just epic. I normally wear earplugs during shows – I was compelled to take them out and really feel what was being transmitted to the crowd.

We need to get that anarchy ordinance passed in Brooklyn.

Thanks for coming to see us, guys; and reminding us how high the bar sits.

turtle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 10:28 PM   #26
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
forgot to mention that i spotted joly mcfie the director of punkcast taping the entire slits set (from stage left). here is his web site: http://punkcast.com/ and his youtube profile. http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwhatsup

check it out if you werent aware of this guy.
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 12:06 PM   #27
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
this guy wrote a really great review of both mccarren and pitchfork fest shows, http://www.fluxblog.org/

and nyc taper, didnt he used to post here? i could have swore i remember a post here about him needing a ticket a few weeks back, or maybe it was another guy. im kind of reluctant to post this here because he talks a lot of shit, especially about lee. and in retrospect im glad he didnt get in. this guy is not a fan. he cant even spell lee's name.

here you can read it: http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=36

As I write, Sonic Youth is performing at McCarren Pool. I’m not taping it, I’m not attending it. I’ve deleted my post from June promoting their album and providing a link where multiple nyctaper readers have already purchased copies of the new Daydream Nation CD. Sonic Youth can take their regurgitation of their 20-years-ago heyday and shove it up their ass.

I had an email which had been cc’d to Lee Renaldo the guitarist. I was told to speak to Lee or soundman Aaron Mullan if there was any problem with entry. It was all supposed to be nice and simple. Only it wasn’t. The guard stopped me at the door, as well he should, and when I showed the email, he was nice enough to radio to security to get my clearance. Twenty-five minutes later, after multiple radio calls, I was told that neither Lee nor Aaron knew anything about taping and that the answer on taping was “no”.

Apologies to all the readers who have anxiously awaited my recording of this concert. When a band specifically allows taping in the past, grants specific permission in email, and ultimately leaves me standing at the gate denied entry, I’m left to consider whether its really worth expending any more time, money, and energy purchasing their product, buying tickets to their concerts, and promoting the performances through sharing my recordings. Given the way I was jerked around tonight, the answer with Sonic Youth is the same answer I received at the gate–”no”.

A band that could give a crap about their fans really shouldn’t get support from anyone. Don’t buy Sonic Youth CDs, don’t buy tickets to their concerts, and don’t give them any attention whatsoever. They’re tired old hacks anyway. 1988 is over.
Old 07.30.2007, 05:07 PM   #28
amyvega
bad moon rising

amyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's asses
edit//
amyvega is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 05:08 PM   #29
amyvega
bad moon rising

amyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's asses
oh and it was so nice to meet jenn and pantophobia and magic wheel memory!
amyvega is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 10:16 PM   #30
Georgekrz
stalker

http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=e0dc1af27b6f4547a4cced0bd9cad7a76ec477ac

in case you havent see it, sy is in there as well as some back stage footage, interview w/ thurston.
Old 07.31.2007, 10:46 PM   #31
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
My sister's in that video! At the end, for half a second walking away. Those were great, great shows.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2007, 03:21 AM   #32
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=e0dc1af27b6f4547a4cced0bd9cad7a76ec477ac

in case you havent see it, sy is in there as well as some back stage footage, interview w/ thurston.
does it bother anybody that there are all these professional quality videos of all these great Sonic Youth shows just rotting away? like damn...
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2007, 05:29 AM   #33
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by top 40 squeeze
does it bother anybody that there are all these professional quality videos of all these great Sonic Youth shows just rotting away? like damn...

yeah...it bothers me quite a bit...especially that there is so much footage
from both mccarren park shows sitting somewhere....

i have neither show and would flip for either (or both) anyone know if they
can be had.....
Old 08.03.2007, 08:28 AM   #34
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
this guy wrote a really great review of both mccarren and pitchfork fest shows, http://www.fluxblog.org/

and nyc taper, didnt he used to post here? i could have swore i remember a post here about him needing a ticket a few weeks back, or maybe it was another guy. im kind of reluctant to post this here because he talks a lot of shit, especially about lee. and in retrospect im glad he didnt get in. this guy is not a fan. he cant even spell lee's name.

here you can read it: http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=36

As I write, Sonic Youth is performing at McCarren Pool. I’m not taping it, I’m not attending it. I’ve deleted my post from June promoting their album and providing a link where multiple nyctaper readers have already purchased copies of the new Daydream Nation CD. Sonic Youth can take their regurgitation of their 20-years-ago heyday and shove it up their ass.

I had an email which had been cc’d to Lee Renaldo the guitarist. I was told to speak to Lee or soundman Aaron Mullan if there was any problem with entry. It was all supposed to be nice and simple. Only it wasn’t. The guard stopped me at the door, as well he should, and when I showed the email, he was nice enough to radio to security to get my clearance. Twenty-five minutes later, after multiple radio calls, I was told that neither Lee nor Aaron knew anything about taping and that the answer on taping was “no”.

Apologies to all the readers who have anxiously awaited my recording of this concert. When a band specifically allows taping in the past, grants specific permission in email, and ultimately leaves me standing at the gate denied entry, I’m left to consider whether its really worth expending any more time, money, and energy purchasing their product, buying tickets to their concerts, and promoting the performances through sharing my recordings. Given the way I was jerked around tonight, the answer with Sonic Youth is the same answer I received at the gate–”no”.

A band that could give a crap about their fans really shouldn’t get support from anyone. Don’t buy Sonic Youth CDs, don’t buy tickets to their concerts, and don’t give them any attention whatsoever. They’re tired old hacks anyway. 1988 is over.

Uh, all i have to say is you should give the band the benefit of the doubt in this case, it isn't explained above but how can one be certain the security actually spoke to lee and or aaron about your entrance and taping? they could be just telling you this... i've found from going to alot of shows that its hectic for everyone involved in working it and in the most part these folks are short temepered and short fused, the last thing security wants to do is deal with someone who has to make them go through the trouble of discussing a taping matter with the band. yeah its not really right, but its reality...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2007, 07:45 AM   #35
thesilverrocket
little trouble girl

thesilverrocket has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I have finally put my 200 or so shots on my .mac page. Here's the link:
http://homepage.mac.com/narnone/PhotoAlbum13.html
Old 08.10.2007, 12:28 PM   #36
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for reviews, pics, links
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth