Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 3 worst commercials on tv right now
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.20.2007, 07:01 PM   #21
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
"If theres anyone out there in Marketing or Advertising.... Kill yourselves"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiwmYjk9ARA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik7bD...eature=related

Do you have Charlie Brooker's book? I read a bit every night and on the bus, I can't help but burst out laughing at his insults.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 07:05 PM   #22
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i majored in marketing and i can safely say it's one of the most disgusting endeavors that one can do. i don't regret studying that, because it has made me realize a lot about a lot of things but yeah, marketing and advertising are fucking awful.

but it seems that, especially now a days, people tend to hire the most stupid, uncreative people in the business to do advertising, or they try to cope their lack of creativeness with -relatively- cheap tricks (like buying 10000 spots a day on 50 channels to put a semi catchy, annoying bit and have it stick, but instead get people to hate them or, worse, forget what the ad is trying to sell).
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 07:08 PM   #23
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Do you have Charlie Brooker's book? I read a bit every night and on the bus, I can't help but burst out laughing at his insults.

I dont Danny no. He is one of those people you can invest faith in isnt he. When you watch anyone talk about popular culture they either have a braindead twat "Isnt Hollyoaks great" attitude or theyre so-much-smarter-than-you-that-they-deliberately-dont-have-a-TV.
Screenwipe should be as regular as old people dying from flu

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 07:13 PM   #24
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i majored in marketing and i can safely say it's one of the most disgusting endeavors that one can do. i don't regret studying that, because it has made me realize a lot about a lot of things but yeah, marketing and advertising are fucking awful.

but it seems that, especially now a days, people tend to hire the most stupid, uncreative people in the business to do advertising, or they try to cope their lack of creativeness with -relatively- cheap tricks (like buying 10000 spots a day on 50 channels to put a semi catchy, annoying bit and have it stick, but instead get people to hate them or, worse, forget what the ad is trying to sell).

I assume you know my quote was from Bill Hicks. And i lived with a marketing student for a year, together with having my teenage years flooded with cynicism towards pack behaviour. So the whole concept angers me unless its simple and easy to understand. I press MUTE on the telly and do something else when the ads are on because they fuck me off so much.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 07:22 PM   #25
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
of course!!! that bill hicks bit, always makes me laugh, yet he's true in his anger...if dude would have written his jokes down and gotten irt published, he would be deemed a philosopher by now.

the whole time i was in college, teachers would say "watch the commercials, see what they are trying to do, analyse them", i tried it giving a crap twice, saw how transparent they were and then made a point of skipping them, the mere second i glimpse at one makes me sick.

you know what new "marketing strategy" they started implementing for the ads around here? they broadcast the shows at like half volume so you have to crank the tv up just to listen to it at a good level, then the commerciales hit and they are at top fucking volume. your action of muting the set when the ads come up reminded me of this and why i started doing that too.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 09:17 PM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
this thread reminds me: everyone here should chekc out the film how to get ahead in advertising. it's funny! and british!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 09:31 PM   #27
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i have to mute the tv when ads come on, or i go nuts. It really does feel like fresh air in my lungs when i hit mute..
mmm Mute
Old 11.20.2007, 11:03 PM   #28
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Low-budget commercials for local businesses are a special kind of bad.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 11:09 PM   #29
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i hate those FUCKING GOD FORSAKEN TACO BELL COMMERCIALS.
and basically all commercials.
but i like this one on VH1 about mosquitos in africa. it makes very little sense but it's rather entertaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Low-budget commercials for local businesses are a special kind of bad.

you said it.
Old 11.20.2007, 11:12 PM   #30
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I like how bad local ad campaigns can develop recurring themes, character development and even border on their own mythology over time, yet still remain horribly amateurish and badly executed.
Sometimes I wonder if they're actually trying to be that bad, which would be awesome.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth