Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Tinnitus' four part "summary" of the first decade of the new millenea
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.09.2010, 04:20 PM   #1
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
right now is airing the final installment of a four week retrospective of the past decade. it is noisy (and the playlist can be found below)
it can be listened to here
http://132.64.181.110:8000/listen.pls
as we speak
and later it will be available on our podcast here, were the rest of the installments can be heard.
http://www.icast.co.il/tinnitus

here is our complete retrospective. unfortuantly in order to get a real feel of the decade as many of you know we would have needed about another few months, but we tried to touch a few different styles that we common in the underground music scene. every show has a somewhat different style to it.
hope you enjoy
PART I
1. Faun Fables – Honey Baby Blues (live)
2. Sir Richard Bishop – Gypsum
3. Six Organs of Admittance - Eighth Cognition / All You've Left
4. Jackie O Motherfucker - Go Down, Old Hannah
5. Alexander Tucker - The Patron Saint of Troubled Men
6. Castanets - First Light’s Freeze
7. Fursaxa – Kokopelli
8. Lady & Bird – La Ballade of Lady and Bird
9. Jim O'Rourke - Good Times
10. Animal Collective [ft. Vashti Bunyan]- Prospect Hummer
11. Jack Rose - Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground
13. Wooden Wand & The Vanishing Voice - Vengeance pt.2
14. Fire on Fire – The Orchard
15. Joanna Newsom – Esame (live - unreleased

PART II
1. Religious Knives- Bind Them
2. Lau Nau- Rubiinilasia
3. Xela- Lindseed
4. Fennesz- Caecilian
5. Tim Hecker - Chimeras
6. Kemialliset Ystävät - Gelsomiinan Naama
7. No Neck Blues Band & Embryo– Five Grams of the Widow
8. Fridge - Tone Guitar and Drum Noise
9. Charalambides – Dormant Love
10. Colleen – This Pace in Time
11. Deathprod - Recording the Jürg Mager Trio
12. Natural Snow Buildings - Curare
13. Panda Bear - I'm Not
14. Eric Copland - FKD

PART III
Animal Collective – Winter’s Love
2. Druid Perfume – Goat Skin Glue
3. The Microphones – The Glow Pt. 2
4. Old Time Relijun – Pardes Rimmonim
5. Deerhoof – The Magnificent Bird Will Rise
6. Stereolab – Space Moth
7. The Good, The Bad & The Queen – Herculean
8. Blonde Redhead – In Particular
9. Caribou – Hello Hammerheads
10. Climax Golden Twins – Telephone Call from the 70’s
11. The U.S.A is a Monster – Screaming Bloody Murder
12. Sonic Youth – Malibu Gas Station 5:39
13. Pink Mountaintops – Slaves

PART IV

Boris & Sunn O))) – Akuma No Kuma
Aaron Dilloway – White Hair
Hototogisu + Burning Star Core
Terrestrial Tones – Gargoyle
Nadja –Dead Skin Mask
Wolf Eyes – The Driller
The Goslings – Seed
Black Dice – Seabird
Dead Machines – Untitled
10.Master Musicians of Bukake – Eaglewolf

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Nice to see Fridge and Deathprod in there. Do they get overlooked, or do I just not pay enough attention?

Will listen tomorrow, having a Mahler night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2010, 04:29 PM   #3
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
if only i could take credit for them but the cohost of the show chose them. they are excellent though.
i wish i ws having a mahler night. next semester im taking a course that is soley dedicated to his symphonies, so that should be fun

Old 01.09.2010, 04:34 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
That sounds awesome. You must tell me about it. Apart from 1 & 2, which are guff.

I'm not sure if you've seen it, but there's a box-set of the Schnittke symphonies that relatively cheap. Cannot recommend it enough. The only person ever to write a decent 6th (he says contentiously). There's a nice mix of orchestras/ conductors on there, in my opinion they've (mostly) matched the right orchestra to the right piece, something that's not always true of box-sets. I have a Mozart quartet/ quintet box-set where some of them are spot on, and some of them you wonder why they bothered.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 01.09.2010, 04:37 PM   #5
fugazifan
invito al cielo

you dont like the 1st or second? the first i really like even if it isnt as brilliant as his later stuff. the second i know only a bit but the first movement is great, and the ending is quite nice, especially watching the bernstein DVD of it.
so schnittke's 6th is better than the pastoral AND mahler's 6th?
im not sure if i really know any schnittke, maybe its time?
maybe i should stop hijacking my own thread?

Old 01.09.2010, 04:39 PM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

It's better than the pastoral. I'm not saying Mahler's isn't great, but I think Schnittke's might be better.

I mean, the pastoral is brilliant but... everything else is better (apart from the 9th, which I've always found dreary. What a prick I am etc).

Quote:
Old 01.09.2010, 04:42 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y72RS8VPGOA

I mean... that touch... he's amazing. AMAZING.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth