Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page hey you fucking racists, yeah, you know who you are...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.20.2008, 03:25 PM   #21
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I judge, you judge, we all judge. People judge. It's a consequence of being alive. You're an idiot, I judge. Maybe I'm wrong? Unlikely, mind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2008, 03:34 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I judge, you judge, we all judge. People judge. It's a consequence of being alive. You're an idiot, I judge. Maybe I'm wrong? Unlikely, mind you.

much oblidged for yr insight regarding myself there, I suppose were really know each other so well here....

remember, whether or not you agree with me or like me or think I am a dumb piece of shit, the system will collapse and its heart will stop because it was founded on and perpetuates continual injustice. there are two options, collapse with it or rise above it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2008, 03:42 PM   #23
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Ha. That was genuinely quite funny.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 02.20.2008, 03:43 PM   #24
Glice
invito al cielo

Y'know, 'cos of the 'it's all opinions' first bit which was entirely contradicted by apocalyptic prophecy.

Quote:
Old 02.20.2008, 03:43 PM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Which is an opinion.

Quote:
Old 02.20.2008, 03:43 PM   #26
Glice
invito al cielo

And therfore ironic. And funny. You see?

Quote:
Old 02.20.2008, 03:44 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Y'know, 'cos of the 'it's all opinions' first bit which was entirely contradicted by apocalyptic prophecy.

its not my business what you can and can not see right in front of yr face. prophecy comes from a lot of sources. The Prime Minister of Italy, Crispi, in 1885 said that 20,000 troops couldn't possibly stop the Ethiopians, and yet ten years later that is exactly what he sent to try to invade Ethiopia with, less in fact, 10,000 italians and 5,000 eritreans. he should have took his own advice.

another Euro in Ethiopia, Gleichen on the expedition to Menelik in 1897, said that the province of Harar if properly irrigated could become the bread basket of North Africa and the Middle East. Today, this project is being completed and should be a success by 2012.

Old 02.20.2008, 03:51 PM   #28
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
its not my business what you can and can not see right in front of yr face. prophecy comes from a lot of sources. The Prime Minister of Italy, Crispi, in 1885 said that 20,000 troops couldn't possibly stop the Ethiopians, and yet ten years later that is exactly what he sent to try to invade Ethiopia with, less in fact, 10,000 italians and 5,000 eritreans. he should have took his own advice.

another Euro in Ethiopia, Gleichen on the expedition to Menelik in 1897, said that the province of Harar if properly irrigated could become the bread basket of North Africa and the Middle East. Today, this project is being completed and should be a success by 2012.

there's a difference between prophecy and stating the obvious though, isn't there?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2008, 04:09 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
there's a difference between prophecy and stating the obvious though, isn't there?

no, that is the whole point, we think of prophecy as being far more mystical and forgeting it is often times very practical.

ya'll act like I am a novelty character on A Different World or something,

Old 02.20.2008, 04:13 PM   #30
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
no, that is the whole point, we think of prophecy as being far more mystical and forgeting it is often times very practical.

to be honest, i'm not really sure how to respond to this, i didn't anticipate you answering a rhetorical question with the wrong answer.
Old 02.20.2008, 04:27 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
to be honest, i'm not really sure how to respond to this, i didn't anticipate you answering a rhetorical question with the wrong answer.

i think it is bitterly Ironic that instead of taking the opportunity to mash down racism, many people here just took the time to mash down me. why is that? couldn't they just have let it be, or contributed positively to the discussion against racism, you'd almost believe they were for racism, since they spent more time mashing down myself, and completely ignoring the issue. maybe they should become politicians, they are always good at using red herring arguments..

Old 02.20.2008, 04:32 PM   #32
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
There is no "mashing down" to be done.
It will always exist in some way or another, and it's not always from white people against non-whites either.
No to mention the fact that no one has the power to change the ideas in someone else's head. A hardcore racist will only feel galvanized by cartoonish rhetoric.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2008, 04:33 PM   #33
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
i think it is bitterly Ironic that instead of taking the opportunity to mash down racism, many people here just took the time to mash down me. why is that? couldn't they just have let it be, or contributed positively to the discussion against racism, you'd almost believe they were for racism, since they spent more time mashing down myself, and completely ignoring the issue. maybe they should become politicians, they are always good at using red herring arguments..

sorry, i can't take this on board at the moment, i'm still trying to get my head around the concept of practical prophecies.
Old 02.20.2008, 04:35 PM   #34
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
There is no "mashing down" to be done.
It will always exist in some way or another, and it's not always from white people against non-whites either.
No to mention the fact that no one has the power to change the ideas in someone else's head. A hardcore racist will only feel galvanized by cartoonish rhetoric.

no we dont have the power to change the ideas in people's own heads, but we do have the power to expose them to the opportunity for such change, and all racism is really rhetoric anyways, if we mash down the rhetoric, we begin to starve the cancer from fresh blood. oh yeah, and in case it was not brutally clear, this thread was against racism in ALL its forms, not limited to the black-white model.

Old 02.20.2008, 04:36 PM   #35
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:

Why do we have to be 'against' racism? Isn't it a symptom of various inadequacies? Doesn't Jesus teach us to love our neighbour?

I'll extrapolate on an earlier point: it isn't a simple case of 'for' and 'against'. Wouldn't you be racist if you lived in Gaza? Or at least find it exceptionally hard not to be? Or if your entire experience of races other than your own was negative? Or if you were living on the shit end of apartheid-era [insert country of choice]? Or lived in the racially-prescribed underclass of [insert country of choice]? Do I need etcs?

Quote:
Old 02.20.2008, 04:46 PM   #36
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Did Glice just indirectly quote Jesus?

To be fair, "Jesus" is the guy who does the washing up at the coffeeshop where Glice hangs out. He talks to himself all day.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2008, 04:46 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Why do we have to be 'against' racism? Isn't it a symptom of various inadequacies? Doesn't Jesus teach us to love our neighbour?

I'll extrapolate on an earlier point: it isn't a simple case of 'for' and 'against'. Wouldn't you be racist if you lived in Gaza? Or at least find it exceptionally hard not to be? Or if your entire experience of races other than your own was negative? Or if you were living on the shit end of apartheid-era [insert country of choice]? Or lived in the racially-prescribed underclass of [insert country of choice]? Do I need etcs?

you have lost me with your bullshit. of course we have to be against racism, for racism is the first step in which causes the issues in Gaza to begin with, it is zionist racism against arabs which perpetuates this issue. or apartheid, which was instituted by racist Euro-Afrikaans, against black south africans. If these groups become racist against their oppressors, it is only because of the racism inflicted agains them, and if the first instance or racism was erradicated at the start, then the latter would not even evolve. your arguments are far to circular my friend.

Old 02.20.2008, 04:46 PM   #38
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Did Glice just indirectly quote Jesus?

We all indirectly quote Jesus, badly.

Quote:
Old 02.20.2008, 04:48 PM   #39
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
To be fair, "Jesus" is the guy who does the washing up at the coffeeshop where Glice hangs out. He talks to himself all day.

The notion that I would ever hang out in a coffeeshop is more offensive to me than almost everything I've ever read.

Quote:
Old 02.20.2008, 04:59 PM   #40
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
fact, it seems to be getting worse, not better, despite all of this interracial porn that Rob is speaking of.

yeah its real liberating for a women of colour to have circle of men jerk off on her face...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth