Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.12.2013, 04:10 PM   #401
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I hate that shit. When you have 25 episodes a season filler is acceptable and expected. when you are distilling 100 word novels into TV for only 10 episodes they should not have any filler.

I posted on the 'book that I think what happened is what happens to a lot of shows and movie when they cast young kids for their cuteness or superficial looks and the they grow up and get ugly and everyone realizes they are horrible shit actors. A lot is riding on the young peeps in game of Thrones.

It was just....so......BORING.
Old 04.13.2013, 07:15 PM   #402
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
For some reason I cannot get enough of Phillip and his Stealth R Us bullshit. the man is DELUDED to a level I have not seen since the days when people thought Smashing Pumpkins was good.
I used to love phillip in his crap with francesca as she was the only person to stand up to him and call him out on his bullshit, but now he is just intolerable. every time I see him I swear I fucking gag, that crap about him throwing a challenge was ridiculous. I mean look at yourself dude: you're like 50 and overweight, for fuck's sake what is wrong with you? he is genuinely insane, he needs to be committed.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2013, 09:43 AM   #403
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Watched episode 3 of this season's Game of Thrones. It finally got interesting again, at least somewhat.
I have not read the books, but the soap-opera melodrama is too much sometimes. I have read a lot of fantasy sword and sorcery novels, but not the game of Thrones novels. If they are as obsessed with pointless boring dialogue as the tv series then I will never read them.
Old 04.17.2013, 09:46 AM   #404
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
the kids aren't even here, and i'm still watching My Pet Monster
wtf?!?
Old 04.19.2013, 04:05 AM   #405
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Miami Vice, Season One
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2013, 06:56 AM   #406
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i love tv, sorry for being so low brow. Right now, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Community, Parks and Rec, Ultimate Fighter, and im giving Hannibal a shot.

I was discussing this with David Samuels of the New Yorker last week (he is a teacher of mine), and we both agreed that television as a medium has eclipsed film in terms that the best shows are more entertaining and smarter than the best films. the pendulum could of course swing back however.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2013, 09:46 AM   #407
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
i love tv, sorry for being so low brow.

who are you apologizing to? t.s. eliot?

Quote:
Right now, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Community, Parks and Rec, Ultimate Fighter, and im giving Hannibal a shot.

i used to love community but it's been going downhill for some time now-- too fucking meta. how is hannibal?

Quote:
I was discussing this with David Samuels of the New Yorker last week (he is a teacher of mine), and we both agreed that television as a medium has eclipsed film in terms that the best shows are more entertaining and smarter than the best films. the pendulum could of course swing back however.

yeah this is no longer a matter of opinion but an established fact. tv is in the middle of a golden age. enjoy it while you can before the fucking suits find a way to destroy it.

---

me: i watched two ugly reality shows the other day. one was kitchen nightmares hell's kitchen in its 1,000,000,000 season of hysterical screams (it's kinda like watching old springer). god damn the people are especially unsightly this year. the other show was the opposite on the surface-- the real world (lol) which is basically: throw a bunch of pretty people together and let them quickly show how fucking ugly they are on the inside.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2013, 10:11 AM   #408
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

That show got so stylized by the 2nd and 3rd seasons...they seem to hold up well. Some of the guests are hilarious and so young.. I think it jumped the shark when SHeena Easton joined the cast.

Currently wrapping up Justified Season 3. My tax dollars at work, I got it from the library.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2013, 10:16 AM   #409
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

My wife wants me to watch Kitchen Nightmares with her but I just don;t give a FUCK
Old 04.19.2013, 10:28 AM   #410
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
My wife wants me to watch Kitchen Nightmares with her but I just don;t give a FUCK

oh i got that shit confused. i meant HELL'S KITCHEN. kitchen nightmares is actually kinda interesting to make you realize how fucked up restaurants can be! you'll eat at home more often once you see that shit. it's horribly edited to stretch 20 minutes of material into an hour, but at heart it's a public service and an education in how not to run a business.
Old 04.19.2013, 02:45 PM   #411
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
There is a part of me that feels really guilty for juggling so many television series, and I get too easily caught up into shows, but they usually have to be one-hour dramas. I know comedies are becoming more serialized as well, rather then individual episodes. Right now the shows I'm watching are new season of "Mad Men", new season of "Game of Thrones", the new season of "Doctor Who", "The Americans", and Hannibal".
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2013, 04:38 PM   #412
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
New ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

This could have been a disappointment, maybe even a disaster.

It's brilliant. Mitch Hurwitz deserves a Nobel Prize.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2013, 05:03 PM   #413
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
New ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

This could have been a disappointment, maybe even a disaster.

It's brilliant. Mitch Hurwitz deserves a Nobel Prize.

YES

but tell that cunt reviewer at the daily beast who probably only watched episode 1 and quit afterwards

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...al-failed.html
^^ eat shit and die, "jace lacob" (is that name some sort of anagram for "joyless dickwad"?)

so, anyway, episode 1 was a bit forced for my taste, but after 2 or 3 it starts firing on all cylinders.

but anyway

YES

yes yes yes.
Old 05.28.2013, 08:39 AM   #414
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I saw the 1st arrested development. funny stuff. will be even funnier on second viewing and in relation to the other eps. hilarious to see alll the cameos.
Old 05.28.2013, 09:31 AM   #415
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
The current series of GoT has been a bit hit and miss (although the episode where Tywin Lannister met Oleanna Tyrell was maybe the best ever), however I was gutted to find out it wasn't being shown this week. Fuckers.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2013, 09:41 AM   #416
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Two more GoT eps. they did show mad men though. it got real stabby.
Old 05.29.2013, 08:44 AM   #417
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

watched two more eps of Arrested Development new series on the netflix. man, portia de rossi has really fucked her face up with plastic surgery huh? she looks completely different. I miss the squinty hottie of old.
Old 05.29.2013, 02:08 PM   #418
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
I'm on, episode 10 I think of the new Arrested Development, hasn't really done it for me to be honest. The tight writing (for the most part) is still present, though the jokes don't really feel great, all of the interconnectedness, which has always been one of AD's strong points is still there.

But splitting up the family to single POVs per episode was an abysmal idea I think, I just don't think it works. I'm nine or ten episodes in, and Buster has barely been in it. He's been in like, two scenes. Gob barely features until like episode 6. I like Lindsay too, but no way is she a strong enough character to carry an entire episode by herself. I don't think any of them are really.

The show wasn't designed to function like this, and at this point has no foundation to make that work. That credit sequence has nine people in it. Not one big one and a couple of supporting roles. Sure Michael has always been the defacto lead of the show, but it was in truth always an ensemble show. So now with that family dynamic mostly absent, most of the magic is too. So sure I still like it, but I definitely think its rather dull and not what it could be.

The Tobias innuendos are still great though. Daddy has to get his rocks off.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2013, 02:30 PM   #419
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

prior commitments are a pain in the ass

will arnett has done like 3 different pilots for TV in the past 3 years, all his shows sucked, especially the one with applegate.

gibby haynes said that when he hung out with christina applegate in LA in the mid 90's she asked him to use a small spoon to scoop cocaine into her anus.
Old 05.29.2013, 02:47 PM   #420
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
-If it weren't for the credits, I'd assume the Lindsey character was played by someone else.

-It's funny how the show gave a career boost to a lot of the actors, which then made it difficult to make more episodes.

-I'm only 5 or so into it. I've laughed many times. That it exists at all is a wonder. That it isn't shit is a miracle.

Count M. sorta sounds like a whiny ungrateful bitch.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
181920 21 2223243171121 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth