Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.22.2019, 08:54 AM   #2781
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
because nobody gives a fuck about the brexit anymore?

or was everyone on tea break and forgot to inform her?
lmao

there was a big hoopla about her speech last night. “bold new deal” or some such shit. the pound rose

then it got savaged by everyone and the pound got whipsawed lmao

it’s almost at “veep” comedy level

i have it on cuz i like to see for myself. tons of kabuki.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2019, 12:22 PM   #2782
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
If I could somehow force people to watch only THREE dramas from the past several years, The Leftovers would be my first and most important pick.

And in all fairness, your passion for this show as of late has surpassed your excitement for many things discussed. That alone makes me think I should give it another shot and see how the next two seasons play out.

I am thinking I might start it up again soon.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2019, 12:24 PM   #2783
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
And in all fairness, your passion for this show as of late has surpassed your excitement for many things discussed. That alone makes me think I should give it another shot and see how the next two seasons play out.

he’s also passionate about batman as the best movie of the century so ymmv

i often appreciate sev’s recommendations but sometimes he gets a bit rapey with the push

no means no dammit

and only YES means yes

(so, it’s no for me)
Old 05.22.2019, 07:58 PM   #2784
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
boring people in a boring town dealing with issues in their usual boring way

boring

-

seriously the only “interesting” thing is that people vanished with no explanation. the rest is just a bunch of american-style relijun which is the dumbest kind there is. ordinary dolts, disaffected teenagers, relationship soap operas, just... no man. no. sorry. shit’s weak. nothing original except an evangelically inspired premise with an xfiles twist. zzzzzzz

You don’t get to make broad statements about the show after half-watching 3 episodes and bailing.

If you’d seen the rest, you’d know how utterly dumb as fuck this sounds, but you’ve already said you’ll never watch the rest so...

Guess dumb as fuck is your play on this one.

Sad for you. Genuinely sad for you.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2019, 08:02 PM   #2785
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
he’s also passionate about batman as the best movie of the century so ymmv

i often appreciate sev’s recommendations but sometimes he gets a bit rapey with the push

no means no dammit

and only YES means yes

(so, it’s no for me)

You’re a pussy, and I’ve lost a ton of respect for you.

The Leftovers is smarter and better than the Nolan Batman trilogy, which is great but not like this.

And don’t act like it’s my support of the show that turned you off.

You’ve already said you barely watched 3 episodes and called it off when you walked in on a scene that disturbed you.

Here I thought you gave a shit about quality film, and turns out you don’t have the attention span to even watch ONE episode without interruption.

Sad days, these. Sad days.
Old 05.22.2019, 08:05 PM   #2786
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff

Thank you!

(Also note that half the time when I talk about Batman it’s because Slambang has goaded me into it — see above. This is totally different, and it would be a serious shame if nobody watched this show, which is so. much. more. than Symbols’ shallow read after napping through a couple hours before throwing in the towel because of violence no worse, and significantly less offensive, than most of the shit he loves)

Anyway, you get rep points THE MOMENT I’m able to give them to you again.

The WORLD slept on this show. I slept on this show. It was stupid of me, and I wish I could watch it again for the first time.
Old 05.22.2019, 08:08 PM   #2787
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
IM FUCKING NOT

Oh my! Well, boo-hoo!

Quote:
i have better things to do with my life than to watch this useless uninspiring predictable shit
goddammit

Like folding clothes with “boring unpredictable shit” on in the background that you judge without watching? Haha. Ok, dude. Very important man, got it. Lol.

Again, your position is invalid because you didn’t watch, then bailed.

OH HEY! Remember when you ate my asshole in a mean way for Amadeus? Well, consider this my version of that.
At least I ***watched*** Amadeus before I called it cartoonish, melodramatic crap.
Old 05.22.2019, 08:13 PM   #2788
Severian
invito al cielo

Moral: Only Symbols gets to have fits when people don’t like things.

Seems fair.
Old 05.22.2019, 08:56 PM   #2789
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Jesus damn, y'all are adults. Can you go fight about TV somewhere else?

EDIT: Admittedly, if you're going to fight about TV, this is the place. But still, c'mon guys.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2019, 09:02 PM   #2790
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
You’re a pussy, and I’ve lost a ton of respect for you.

The Leftovers is smarter and better than the Nolan Batman trilogy, which is great but not like this.

And don’t act like it’s my support of the show that turned you off.

You’ve already said you barely watched 3 episodes and called it off when you walked in on a scene that disturbed you.

Here I thought you gave a shit about quality film, and turns out you don’t have the attention span to even watch ONE episode without interruption.

Sad days, these. Sad days.

christ man.

not sure what you’re going on about really but it can’t be my choice of tv in my own home in my own time, can it? can it?

feel free to pm if you wanna tell me wtf is going on with the emotions but face value i can’t reply seriously at the hysteria.

i think your “intelligent” show sucks. the stoning was just the last straw.

i have all the attention span for something good. won’t participate in a staring-at-a-turd endurance contest. life is short.

and btw im totally uninterested in “lost” as well. yes yes it had high ratings. big yawn. please don’t get a... what’s that old timey word. “conniption”, or something, lmao.

that writer does not write for me. i am not his audience.

but seriously, if you’re having real problems that are driving you to the edge, feel free to pm, i wont fuck you.
Old 05.22.2019, 09:08 PM   #2791
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
You don’t get to make broad statements about the show after half-watching 3 episodes and bailing.

If you’d seen the rest, you’d know how utterly dumb as fuck this sounds, but you’ve already said you’ll never watch the rest so...

Guess dumb as fuck is your play on this one.

Sad for you. Genuinely sad for you.
i think it’s dumber to finish a shit sandwich only because you took a bite of it

seriously.

entertainment should not be homework.

i’ll watch it if you pay me though

$100/hr good?

i accept bitcoin
Old 05.23.2019, 12:39 AM   #2792
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Jesus damn, y'all are adults. Can you go fight about TV somewhere else?

EDIT: Admittedly, if you're going to fight about TV, this is the place. But still, c'mon guys.

"You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2019, 05:15 AM   #2793
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
christ man.

not sure what you’re going on about really but it can’t be my choice of tv in my own home in my own time, can it? can it?

Another endorsement for The Leftovers

Of course it's symbols decision whether he wants to watch it or not, but giving up after glancing at 3 episodes (and a very unrepresentative scene) is a shame. I wasn't sure myself to begin with but by the end of S1 I was sold. I had problems with bits of it (inevitable in a show like this) but they weren't problems in terms of quality, more like questions and disagreements. (And not enough air-time for Jill) I don't watch a lot of TV but I'd say it's the best I've seen probably since that 1st season of True Detective.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2019, 05:30 AM   #2794
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

Of course it's symbols decision whether he wants to watch it or not, but giving up after glancing at 3 episodes (and a very unrepresentative scene) is a shame. I wasn't sure myself to begin with but by the end of S1 I was sold. I had problems with bits of it (inevitable in a show like this) but they weren't problems in terms of quality, more like questions and disagreements. I don't watch a lot of TV but I'd say it's the best I've seen probably since that 1st season of True Detective.
thanks.

it was 4. i watched 4 full episodes. the stoning happens at the start of 5.

the first episode i looked at carefully and said no. the other 3 were 2nd chance to hook me.the scene was not the reason, it was only the last straw. why suffer?

currently im in no mood for the ongoing depressive state of a whole planet just watching people suffer suffer suffer suffer suffer. cops, violence, suffering. dogs shot, deers eaten. teenage sport fucking. then more suffering and reading little notes and all those pain faces. “heroes”. smoking for faith. the mystical roulette pigeons and the 3 days late dr who. all suffering. everyone fucking sad and angry. the annoying mayor. false memory tropes. stolen baby jesus. mystical cults and prophets. police brutality, paranoia and persecution. magical babies? many flashbacks. real? divorce papers. “don’t forget me” lighters. the organized theft of family photos. it made me tired...

watching true detective season 3 was hard enough, but at least carmen ejogo was in it, lol.

so, maybe i’ll have a new look at this thing around halloween season or something, since hbo is extra $. i know you watch horror all the time but i must have it in limited doses.

plus right now i already have a soap opera of suffering, and it’s called teresa’s troubles, haa haaa haaaaa.

looking for a title for the upcoming boris series. not sure if it will be tragedy or farce...
Old 05.23.2019, 05:57 AM   #2795
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
teresa’s troubles

A parliamentary stoning if ever there was one.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2019, 06:02 AM   #2796
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
A parliamentary stoning if ever there was one.
yeah.looks like she’s withdrawing the wab. but herself, not yet.

see, this is why i like to watch those things live—i had a better take after the speech than the headlines provided, ha haaa haaa.
Old 05.23.2019, 07:17 AM   #2797
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Of course it's symbols decision whether he wants to watch it or not, but giving up after glancing at 3 episodes (and a very unrepresentative scene) is a shame. I wasn't sure myself to begin with but by the end of S1 I was sold. I had problems with bits of it (inevitable in a show like this) but they weren't problems in terms of quality, more like questions and disagreements. (And not enough air-time for Jill) I don't watch a lot of TV but I'd say it's the best I've seen probably since that 1st season of True Detective.

Thank you for watching and giving the show and honest chance.

Glad you like it!

And yeah, it’s Symbols’ choice, but it’s certainly a shame.
Old 05.23.2019, 07:22 AM   #2798
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
it’s certainly a shame.
lmao

A SHAME

i so wish you were just trolling with the excess displays, cuz it would be hilarious
Old 05.23.2019, 07:24 AM   #2799
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
thanks.

it was 4. i watched 4 full episodes. the stoning happens at the start of 5.

the first episode i looked at carefully and said no. the other 3 were 2nd chance to hook me.the scene was not the reason, it was only the last straw. why suffer?

currently im in no mood for the ongoing depressive state of a whole planet just watching people suffer suffer suffer suffer suffer. cops, violence, suffering. dogs shot, deers eaten. teenage sport fucking. then more suffering and reading little notes and all those pain faces. “heroes”. smoking for faith. the mystical roulette pigeons and the 3 days late dr who. all suffering. everyone fucking sad and angry. the annoying mayor. false memory tropes. stolen baby jesus. mystical cults and prophets. police brutality, paranoia and persecution. magical babies? many flashbacks. real? divorce papers. “don’t forget me” lighters. the organized theft of family photos. it made me tired...

watching true detective season 3 was hard enough, but at least carmen ejogo was in it, lol.

so, maybe i’ll have a new look at this thing around halloween season or something, since hbo is extra $. i know you watch horror all the time but i must have it in limited doses.

plus right now i already have a soap opera of suffering, and it’s called teresa’s troubles, haa haaa haaaaa.

looking for a title for the upcoming boris series. not sure if it will be tragedy or farce...

Hey, if you’re not in the mood for a bleak show, I get that.

I’ll take “maybe I’ll revisit around Halloween” as a win, and thank you for the reconsideration.

I mean, the show is depressing. I dunno about false memory tropes... but it’s a goddamn dark beast... truly.

I paced myself and spent about 3 weeks on it because it was just too goddamn heavy to binge all at once, but by S1E4, you’ve only scratched the surface of what the show is about. By the end — heck, by the next season — it’s something entirely different.

But yeah, revisit around Halloween. Or some time when you’re more of a mind for bleak things and not, y’know, sunny, cheerful shows like GoT, where nobody gets hurt and stuff works out.
Old 05.23.2019, 07:47 AM   #2800
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Hey, if you’re not in the mood for a bleak show, I get that.

that’s part of it but not everything

Quote:
I’ll take “maybe I’ll revisit around Halloween” as a win, and thank you for the reconsideration.

im not doing you a favor you lunatic haaa haaahaaa. i am not doing it for you or for anyone.

i might not care for it on halloween either

you realize you being so invested in someone doing what you want is a leeeeeeeetle crazy yes?

im speaking as a friend here. you need to chill it with these fantasies. you do this shit in real life?

Quote:
I mean, the show is depressing. I dunno about false memory tropes... but it’s a goddamn dark beast... truly.

is the man in the truck real? or is he an alter ego? o wait he’s real and just left the truck there. did the cop go nuts? or was it his dad. oh it was his dad! did this happen? did i dream it? did he hallucinate it? is this a flashback? is this a dream? is this a kind of thing everyone writes for tv these days?

i get that you like it, but you need to understand that not everyone has to like it and the world will not end if this happens. yes?

Quote:
I paced myself and spent about 3 weeks on it because it was just too goddamn heavy to binge all at once, but by S1E4, you’ve only scratched the surface of what the show is about. By the end — heck, by the next season — it’s something entirely different.

i understand that the show is a puzzle the viewer is meant to put together. and it might never be put together. it’s how “lost” hooked millions. everyone wondering what it all means. and i understand you loved “lost.”

...“lost” had zero appeal for me. ZERO. could not fucking stand it. it hurt my eyes.

Quote:
But yeah, revisit around Halloween. Or some time when you’re more of a mind for bleak things and not, y’know, sunny, cheerful shows like GoT, where nobody gets hurt and stuff works out.

it’s not about shit “working out”, it’s that beyond the bleakness i didn’t like the whole aesthetic and method of it. i didn’t like the characters and i didn’t like how they reacted to stuff and i didn’t find the situations really interesting. it was more like “everyday schlocky”. it’s like being around a bunch of people i can’t stand watching them fo stuff ive seen on many other tv shows. like getting trapped in the supermarket for the rest of my life.

demonyo made a sane suggestion and i gave him the courtesy of a consideration. i know that he understands different people have different tastes, and if i don’t like it again in the end he’s not gonna melt down and jump off a bridge.

seriously i think you have a problem with this, hahahaha. it’s funny... but it’s also not.
90130137138139 140 141142143150 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth