Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Musicians You Havd Seen Live In More Than One Band/musical Incarnation
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.16.2023, 07:46 PM   #1
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
I'm only including bands that have toured nationally and/or internationally. But if others want to include regional and/or local bands, knock yourselves out.

Patricia Morrison: The Gun Club; The Damned

Steve Albini: Big Black; Rapeman

Chuck Cleaver: Ass Ponys; Wussy; Wussy duo (Chuck Cleaver and Lisa Walker); as solo act

Jad Fair: Half Japanese; as solo act

Mark Eitzel: American Music Club; as solo act

Kim Deal: The Pixies; The Breeders; The Amps

Jon Langford: Skull Orchard; Bad Luck Jonathan

Kid Congo Powers: The Gun Club; Kid Congo Powers And The Pink Monkey
Birds

Ric Hordinski: Over The Rhine; as solo act

Al Jardine: The Beach Boys; part of Brian Wilson's solo band

William Matheny: The Paranoid Style; as solo act
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2023, 07:56 PM   #2
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Lauren Hammel fill in for Tobi Vail at a Bikini Kill show, and then play with her main set Tropical Fuck Storm a month later.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2023, 11:29 PM   #3
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
One update for this list--Micah Nelson.

Patricia Morrison: The Gun Club; The Damned

Steve Albini: Big Black; Rapeman

Chuck Cleaver: Ass Ponys; Wussy; Wussy duo (Chuck Cleaver and Lisa Walker); as solo act

Jad Fair: Half Japanese; as solo act

Mark Eitzel: American Music Club; as solo act

Kim Deal: The Pixies; The Breeders; The Amps

Jon Langford: Skull Orchard; Bad Luck Jonathan

Kid Congo Powers: The Gun Club; Kid Congo Powers And The Pink Monkey
Birds

Ric Hordinski: Over The Rhine; as solo act

Al Jardine: The Beach Boys; part of Brian Wilson's solo band

Micah Nelson: part of his father Willie Nelson's band; Particle Kid (his solo projcet)
Old 09.18.2023, 07:39 PM   #4
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock

You're into The Paranoid Style too? You rock!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2023, 11:35 PM   #5
Kuhb
children of satan

Kuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's asses
Kim Deal, Stephen Malkmus, Jim White
Kuhb is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2023, 09:07 PM   #6
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
You're into The Paranoid Style too? You rock!

Yeah, they're an amazing band. I was damn lucky to get a chance to see them live. They only play out occasionally and never do long tours, although their recorded output is fairly prolific. If anyone is interested and is able to attend one of their shows, do whatever you have to do to get there.
Old 09.22.2023, 09:10 PM   #7
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhb
Kim Deal, Stephen Malkmus, Jim White

I'm presuming you've seen the Jim White who was in The Dirty Three and not the "Americana" Jim White?
Old 09.23.2023, 03:49 AM   #8
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
In no particular order:

Thurston Moore - Sonic Youth, solo (experimental set), Chelsea Light Moving and solo band(s)
Lee Ranaldo - Sonic Youth, solo experimental set, solo acoustic song sets, solo bands and other projects (with Bang On A Can and with Kaleidoscop Ensemble)
Steve Shelley - Sonic Youth, Thurston's projects, Lee's projects, Sun Kill Moon/Jesu and Disappears
Kim Gordon - Sonic Youth, Body/Head, solo project (with Ikue Mori and others)
Debby Googe - My Bloody Valentine and Thurston Moore's band
Kim Deal - Pixies, Breeders
Frank Black - Pixies, solo
Jim White - Dirty Three, Cat Power
Warren Ellis - Dirty Three, and Bad Seeds
Terrie Ex - The Ex and improv set with Ken Vandermark
Ken Vandermark - improv set with Terrie Ex and The Ex
J Mascis - Dinosaur Jr, solo
Lou Barlow - Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr, solo
Jessica Moss - Silver Mt. Zion and solo (and I wish I had seen her with Oiseaux-Tempete...)
Members of Silver Mt. Zion (Efrim, Thierry, Sophie) also play in Godspeed You Black Emperor
Efrim, Thierry, Jessica and the drummer of Silver Mt Zion played with Vic Chesnutt
Bruce Cawdron - Esmerine and Godspeed You Black Emperor
Matana Roberts - solo support set and as encore guest with Silver Mt Zion (on same event)
Cat Power - solo and with band. Does than count too?
Rivulets - solo and with band. Does than count too?
Neil Young - with Crazy Horse, and with some other band I forgot how he named them (Neil Young & Friends?)
Mick Harvey - with his own band playing Serge Gainsbourg songs, and as part of the Bad Seeds
Bert Dockx - Flying Horseman, Dans Dans
Colin H. van Eeckhout - Amenra, and solo as part of theater/dance performance
Mat Ball - Big Brave and solo (at the same festival)
Maud The Moth - solo and with band healthyliving (at the same festival)
Low - as regular band, and for Organ Reframed where the main and only instrument was a church organ, played by Steve
Alan Sparhawk - Low, Black-Eyed Snakes, Retribution Gospel Choir, and as guest with Gaelynn Lea on her support set for Low
Steve Garrington - Low, Retribution Gospel Choir, and as guest with Gaelynn Lea on her support set for Low
Elizabeth Mitchell - Ida as support of Low, and as guest musician (violin) with Low (different tours)
Erik Koskinen - solo support set and guest musician with Low (on same events)
Eric Pollard - drums with Retribution Gospel Choir, keys with Low
Jo Quail - solo support set and as encore guest with Mono (on same event)
Justin Broadrick - Jesu and Sun Kill Moon/Jesu
Mark Kozelek - solo and Sun Kill Moon/Jesu
Nils Frahm - solo and as guest in Chantal Acda's band
Chantal Acda - solo projects and sleepingdog
Mauro Pawlowski - solo project and with dEUS
Rudy Trouvé - solo, with Tape Cuts Tape, and with Eric Thielemans
Eric Thielemans - Chantal Acda's band, Tape Cuts Tape and with Rudy Trouvé
Carol Van Dijk & Peter Visser - Bettie Serveert and Me & Stupid
Henk Koorn - Hallo Venray and Joy Division Undercover
David Pajo - Slint and Papa M
some German dude - duetted with Scout Niblett and he sang horribly out of tune. At another event he played in an electro/new wave style band as support slot for Rivulets (so completely out of place, since Rivulets plays solo and nearly acoustic) and they did a Joy Division cover with lyrics translated to German. I think he is/was a booking agent or promoter in the Cologne area

Next week the following entry would have to be updated, so I might as well mention it now already:
Crosby & Nash, Crosby Still & Nash, and next week Nash solo

Next month the following will be added to the list, so I might as well mention it now already:
Brian Case & Noah Leger - Disappears and FACS

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2023, 06:17 AM   #9
Kuhb
children of satan

Kuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
I'm presuming you've seen the Jim White who was in The Dirty Three and not the "Americana" Jim White?

Hahaha yes
Kuhb is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth