Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Listen up Geeks--new Harry Potter 5 trailer
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2007, 05:46 PM   #21
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I'm excited for Umbridge/Fred & George scene.

I'm excited for the DA.

I'm excited for the Ministry invasion.

Why was Voldemort at the train station? I do not understand, was it in the book?

I had a reason for Harry not being a Hoarcrux, but I can't remember it anymore. It makes sense that he'd be a Hoarcrux, but I would think that Voldemort would just kill him. Although I can easily see Voldemort saying "I didn't want to kill the one guy who could kill me, but I did want to make sure that he'd have to die in order to kill me." Also, I think the locket in Grimauld Place is a Hoarcrux.No shit.

The Voldemort-at-the-train-station thing was probably just a vision of Harry's that they added into the movie. I support it completely (at least right now), because it's the scariest thing I've seen in these movies. I mean Voldemort in a suit! I mean you watched the trailer, right? It's totally creepy. Just that image of Voldemort, dressed like a Muggle man, surrounded by people going about their business. Like Voldemort is always present, in both Muggle and Wizard worlds, no matter what Harry does, and there is no escape. That, my friend, is creepy.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 05:49 PM   #22
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
The Voldemort-at-the-train-station thing was probably just a vision of Harry's that they added into the movie. I support it completely (at least right now), because it's the scariest thing I've seen in these movies. I mean Voldemort in a suit! I mean you watched the trailer, right? It's totally creepy. Just that image of Voldemort, dressed like a Muggle man, surrounded by people going about their business. Like Voldemort is always present, in both Muggle and Wizard worlds, no matter what Harry does, and there is no escape. That, my friend, is creepy.
That is what I assumed, but I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't in the book.

My favorite book is probably a the third and fifth.

A lot of people say that they didn't like the fifth because Harry wouldn't stop bitching, but I liked it.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 07:09 PM   #23
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Oh and by the way, fuck you nerds. I'm going to do homework and play my new Pokemon Pearl (for the DS!) game.
Old 04.23.2007, 07:20 PM   #24
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i've never read this potter crap. but you sickos are making me want to...

I wasn't going to (I figured "kids book" and moved on). however, my wife started reading it to my son and she suggested I read it. I'm glad I did. although it does appeal to children, it's a really good story.

Quote:
It makes sense that he'd be a Hoarcrux, but I would think that Voldemort would just kill him. Although I can easily see Voldemort saying "I didn't want to kill the one guy who could kill me, but I did want to make sure that he'd have to die in order to kill me." Also, I think the locket in Grimauld Place is a Hoarcrux.No shit.

if he killed him, the last shard of his soul would "die" and he would go with it imo. and yeah....Harry would have to die to kill him.

my guess is that given the fact he couldn't kill Harry he made him a Horcrux instead. it's why Harry has shared his vision in the past. he's bound to him; whatever happened wasn't just a deflected spell.

I ROLL TWENTIES.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 07:24 PM   #25
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Well, I don't know if Voldemort couldn't kill him. It would make sense that Voldemort made him a hoarcrux instead of even trying to kill him, which weakened him so much he had to go flee or whatever the fuck he did.
Old 04.23.2007, 09:29 PM   #26
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

A lot of people say that they didn't like the fifth because Harry wouldn't stop bitching, but I liked it.

I liked his bitching. It was sassy. Relatable.

Harry Potter is for everyone, just like Roald Dahl books are for everyone.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 04.24.2007, 01:07 PM   #27
luxinterior
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4zQXUt5BD8

Here is another trailer Mugglenet put up today.

They also have new pictures there, like this one:

- Sebastian Bach

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth