Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon: Going Solo After Sonic Youth, and Why She Identifies With Girls
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.13.2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ith-girls.html
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2014, 05:13 PM   #2
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Thank ye
Old 04.13.2014, 09:57 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ah, she's fucking fantastic.

she's better than ever now that she doesn't have any dead weight holding her back. ha!

(i also like lena dunham the writer-- but that's a different story)

thanks for that link
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2014, 10:46 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Wow.. this whole fucking exhibit is so damned "West LA" it makes me sick! I want some no-wave to destroy this..

I prefer the eastside scene, we're grimier but have less pretension. No diss to Kim, propz for doing here thang, but clearly she is hanging out with the side of LA she is better off avoiding, and I speak from intimate experience in the LA art scene :/

Quote:
'When am I going to be over that?' And I almost resisted it because I felt like once I decided who I was, I shouldn't trust that—I would be comfortable and I wouldn't be creative. It's this feeling of 'you're never there.'

I agree completely, its why I am totally proud to be a saboteur in my own life, whenever I get to comfortable I start not trusting myself. I do better in chaos..

Quote:
"I mean, I always wanted to be an artist, but I didn't know how to get there and do that. Now I have a daughter who's 19, in her second year of art school, and I find her and her friends fascinating. They seem so smart and so together. So much more together than I ever was."

I know EXACTLY what she means.. don't kids fuck around and fuck up anymore? Seems not so much.. When I was 19 I was making so many bad decisions that its not cliched to say, "I'm lucky to be alive."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2014, 12:51 PM   #5
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
s.. don't kids fuck around and fuck up anymore? Seems not so much.. When I was 19 I was making so many bad decisions that its not cliched to say, "I'm lucky to be alive."

in nyc it depends on your skin color and class - the racist and unconstitutional stop and frisk pogrom under Bloomberg was initiated to ensure a large percentage of brown and black NYC children would be excluded from voter roles, college scholarships and public housing due to a marijuana violation on their record.

but when you're a rich kid in tex-ass, the corrupt judge lets you off because jail might traumatize the nice rich person.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2014, 01:35 AM   #6
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking of Kim, I saw her earlier today. She looked great. Kind of bumped into her at random while out eating.
Old 04.21.2014, 01:20 PM   #7
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
If yer in NYC today, you can watch them film! hoo-boy!

http://www.boweryboogie.com/2014/04/...es-soho-today/
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2014, 11:10 AM   #8
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Speaking of Kim, I saw her earlier today. She looked great. Kind of bumped into her at random while out eating.

Did she mention us?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2014, 02:36 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Did she mention us?

The short answer? ...no

Old 04.23.2014, 01:29 AM   #10
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Did she mention us?

I didn't speak to her. It was kind of odd. Earlier in the day I picked up the Body/Head record. On my way home I decided to stop into a neighborhood restaurant for some lunch. I was sitting at one end of the bar nursing a bourbon + waiting on my food, and for whatever reason glanced toward my left and noticed her taking a seat at the other end of the bar. She was with some dude (I speculate I know who he was, but would rather not state on a public forum..which I'll explain in a minute. In all fairness he was sitting on the other side of her so I didn't get too great of a look at him). The bar tender/server working the bar didn't seem to notice her, so I pulled the record I'd purchased earlier out of my bag and showed him. He was a bit taken aback/etc. A "holy fuck" moment for us both, no doubt. Anyway. I didn't want to ask her to sign my record while she was eating. I'm just not that sort of rude. She definitely noticed the fact that I'd recognized her, however. She seemed to attempt some semi covert sort of ordeal when leaving. The guy got up and left a minute or so before her, and then she darted out the door after him. It seemed she didn't want it to appear as if they were together. I don't know. Apparently she's a terrible tipper, which I found to be kind of funny. Either way...that was it. She's the only member of Sonic Youth I've never spoken with. She has a presence I find to be a bit intimidating, and aside from that I find her to be generally uninteresting (even though I do obviously love her music).

Peace.
Old 04.24.2014, 03:59 PM   #11
loop cat
little trouble girl

loop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ah, she's fucking fantastic.

she's better than ever now that she doesn't have any dead weight holding her back. ha!

(i also like lena dunham the writer-- but that's a different story)

thanks for that link

loop cat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2014, 09:53 PM   #12
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
killer pic
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2014, 12:24 PM   #13
loop cat
little trouble girl

loop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by halgreen
killer pic

loop cat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2014, 03:40 AM   #14
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I didn't speak to her. It was kind of odd. Earlier in the day I picked up the Body/Head record. On my way home I decided to stop into a neighborhood restaurant for some lunch. I was sitting at one end of the bar nursing a bourbon + waiting on my food, and for whatever reason glanced toward my left and noticed her taking a seat at the other end of the bar. She was with some dude (I speculate I know who he was, but would rather not state on a public forum..which I'll explain in a minute. In all fairness he was sitting on the other side of her so I didn't get too great of a look at him). The bar tender/server working the bar didn't seem to notice her, so I pulled the record I'd purchased earlier out of my bag and showed him. He was a bit taken aback/etc. A "holy fuck" moment for us both, no doubt. Anyway. I didn't want to ask her to sign my record while she was eating. I'm just not that sort of rude. She definitely noticed the fact that I'd recognized her, however. She seemed to attempt some semi covert sort of ordeal when leaving. The guy got up and left a minute or so before her, and then she darted out the door after him. It seemed she didn't want it to appear as if they were together. I don't know. Apparently she's a terrible tipper, which I found to be kind of funny. Either way...that was it. She's the only member of Sonic Youth I've never spoken with. She has a presence I find to be a bit intimidating, and aside from that I find her to be generally uninteresting (even though I do obviously love her music).

Peace.
I understand artists who donīt want to be in touch with their fans. Well, Lee seem to want to be in touch with his fans. He came to the bar after gig to talk with fans (he said he will come after the gig). Of course there were so many who wanted to talk with him, so I didnīt try. I just said to the drummer how great he was when the situation was like it was (no-one seemed to want to talk about the other members of Dust).
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2014, 11:02 AM   #15
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Peace.

There's no excuse for terrible tips.
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2014, 04:29 PM   #16
stophereyes
little trouble girl

stophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's assesstophereyes kicks all y'all's asses
Kim Gordon and Bill Nace upcoming appearance in NY...

http://poetryproject.org/sat-53-spec...myles-friends/
stophereyes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2014, 01:58 AM   #17
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

Agreed.
Old 04.27.2014, 04:37 PM   #18
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

What about terrible service?

Old 04.28.2014, 12:58 PM   #19
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Peace.

Interesting viewpoint that I seem to share myself, also never met Kim but have met Lee and Thurston (never met Steve though could have easily). from what I've seen and heard it does seem that she has this intimidating persona, a non-engaging manner to the fans... completely understandable, that open personality is definitely not for everyone. I loosely know Bill Nace from a friend who performs with him semi-regularily and from what I've heard anyone who has really met Kim pretty much says the opposite.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2014, 11:10 PM   #20
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I saw body/head a while back. I liked five minutes of it well enough.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth