Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2010, 11:34 AM   #11261
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Oh, showed this to a friend earlier

10/10

One of the best ever!

go watch!:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0564634124906#
I like your style mr cooley
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2010, 01:42 PM   #11262
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Drowning Man rules. Very underrated.

Hard Candy rules...so minimal and daring. A great watch. I was so happy that Ellen Page became popular after that, albeit because of the somewhat stupid Juno and not her brilliant performance in Candy.

Anyway.. Cashback is one of your favorites?... If we're talking about the same film.... the movie where the guy mopes and whines about his girlfriend... so melodramatic.. and then freezes time at a grocery store to take clothes off of girls? What was the appeal of that movie? I guess I can see how certain people can relate to it or something, but I dunno. I think I gave it a 5/10. I thought the best thing about it was the cover art. The short film version of it is a lot better, but eh.

Drowning Man was very simple and effective. Japan films rule! I wish I was old enough to have the brains back then to go see this at the Vancouver Film festival back in the 2000's.

Hard Candy. The ending on the roof, sealed the deal for me. Perfect.

Cash Back is indeed one of my favourites. I used to work at a grocery store too, so I know how monotonous and depressing that work can be, and if I could somehow freeze time and draw beautiful girls nude, that would somewhat enjoyable. Maybe even the best thing ever. Through and through, I loved that movie. Acting was spot on, I really like Sean Biggerstaff (aka Oliver Wood from Harry Potter) and the rest of the cast, it was well put together group that was flawless in my books. The film felt different in someway, unique and was really funny.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2010, 02:11 PM   #11263
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hm. I have worked in a depressing monotonous grocery store filled with women like that for 5 years. And I still thought it was ... uh.. well, glad you liked it..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2010, 03:30 PM   #11264
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Well then you already know the only thing to do to past the time is to think sexual thoughts about customers, or flirt with your fellow employees. I can understand why you wouldn't like that film, its okay.
Old 07.09.2010, 03:34 PM   #11265
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, I dunno, I'm never really bored. And most of the people who come in that late are methhead chicks!

Old 07.09.2010, 03:45 PM   #11266
Ghostchase
100%

eeewwww, yeah we get lot of those too and even worked with few of them at my store, well they were more of the smelly "we don't practice moral hygiene" punk types. All they did was ride longboards and always hang out at the Starbucks. I remember this real scary one, tried to invite to her house to do acid because her friend had the hots for me.
Old 07.09.2010, 04:31 PM   #11267
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 07.10.2010, 01:39 PM   #11268
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

I don't understand why this one is so hated. This was my second time seeing it, and I had just as much fun as the first time. Not quite as good as parts 1, and 3, but definitely leagues above Sleepaway Camp 2. If you don't like this movie...YOUR ASS STINKS!!!

Living up to the brilliance of the original Cabin Fever is not an easy task, and I couldn't think of a more fitting director to take over where Roth left off than Ti West. With that being said, it is obvious that the studio hacked this one to pieces. What may have been the best dark-hearted comedy sequel to a horror film since TCM II/Evil Dead II, has been turned into a sloppy mess.

Many shots were expertly crafted (i.e. the skinny-dipping scene), and the gross-out moments were all very effective. Horror-heads will also be pleased by many homages throughout the film, including the theme from Prom Night, and a cameo from Mark Borchardt.

What killed this film was the lack of attention paid to mood during the studio re-cutting of this film. According to West, additional scenes were filmed, and the entire film was re-edited from scratch without him. The end result was so disappointing to West, that he "quit the film".

If a director's cut is ever released of this film, I will be the first in line to purchase it. I have a feeling that this is something that will be much discussed by horror nerds, for years to come.

Just because I was in a Ti West sort of mood. I've gotta say that this film is spot-on. I don't even have qualms with the writing anymore. The film is genuinely creepy throughout, in an old-fashioned sense that I don't think I've felt from any modern film apart since 2001's The Others.

Last night @ The Burton Theatre

I'm not really sure how I feel about this one. The aesthetics were great, and it certainly was "weird" enough. But according to Korine, this was supposed to be his first comedy. The most similar thing I can compare it to is the work of Giuseppe Andrews, only it's less funny, much angrier, and seems to actually be laughing at it's audience.

It certainly was not up to par with Julien Donkey-boy, but I'm still not sure exactly what to make of it. I think that's a good thing.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2010, 02:00 PM   #11269
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
1. Return To Sleep Away Camp is the worst of the series. 2 is better than 3. But whatever. We've already argued about that.

2. Cabin Fever II sucks shit. It's horrible. Other than the first scene before the credits, it's just really really bad. Not even CLOSE to the original's brilliance.

3. House Of The Devil rules. I can only hope Ti West realized he sucks, so that's why he made this and he'll make more like it.
Old 07.10.2010, 02:50 PM   #11270
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I would like to argue again, please.

1. Sleepaway Camp 3 is my personal favorite of the series, which says a lot because I also consider the original to be one of my all-time favorites. It has wonderful, elaborate deaths (as did Return to Sleepaway Camp, despite some poor cgi), wacky characters, and hilarious dialogue. I found none of these qualities in part 2, and I've sat through it twice.

I'll give SC2 another shot tonight though. Just in case I really am missing something.

2. Cabin Fever 2 is not necessarily a good film, but I have a feeling that the original cut was a great film. If you watched the video I linked to, Ti talks about how it played off more as a John Waters/Todd Solodnz comedy with great gore scenes.

The slightest cut can really fuck up a film's delivery, let alone if the studio re-edits your footage from scratch, and actually films additional scenes without you.

3. The thing I really like about West is that it's obvious his best work is still ahead of him. There aren't many filmmakers I admire that I can say that about.

The imagery in his recent films is spectacular. I think this is mostly due to the addition of D.P., Eliot Rockett (CF2, HOTD), but given the eagerness of The Roost, I think it's safe to say that visual duties are equally shared between the two.
Old 07.10.2010, 03:03 PM   #11271
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
okay...

1. SC1,2 & 3 are all great. I love them all. I just prefer 2 for whatever reason. But like I said, I love 3. I think Return had good intentions, but just sort of stumbled a bit. The "your ass stinks" kid is funny for a bit, but then just too much. It's hard to empathize with him. And I feel like even they were confused if you were supposed to. Also, the cop disguise was really really bad. Even if it was supposed to be. I didn't like that.

2. I couldn't tell you about any alternate cut. I just know that it felt like it was like "oh yeah, that's right, I WENT THERE!" Which to me is just kind of a cop-out. "oh yeah, gross shit came out of his dick! That's right!" I don't know, gross for the sake of gross I just out-grew I guess.

3. I agree on this point. I think that Roost was ok. I never saw Trigger Man. Hated CF2, but House Of The Devil seems to prove to me that he's sort of figured some shit out. Like he doesn't need just the easy-gross-out shit to make a great movie. He figured out atmosphere. And how to make something feel retro without being campy or stupid. SO yeah, he could have a great filmography ahead of him.
Old 07.10.2010, 03:08 PM   #11272
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Cabin Fever 2 is a terrible film. I don't see how any "cut" could change that, there's just nothing good in it. Sleepaway Camp 1 is a timeless classic, the others (except for Return) are entertaining for their time but nothing that excite me. I thought House of the Devil was boring as hell.

Old 07.10.2010, 03:15 PM   #11273
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

1. What do you like so much about part 2?

2. I love good practical effect gags, and Cabin Fever 2 had a bunch of 'em. Like I said, the pacing of the film was off, and that may have really skewed how some of these parts came across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
He figured out atmosphere. And how to make something feel retro without being campy or stupid. SO yeah, he could have a great filmography ahead of him.

YES! Which is an amazing feat that I've seen so many filmmakers fail at! Even Tarantino struggled with it (obviously, not according to you). I mean, have you seen schlock like Slaughterhouse of The Rising Sun? Fucking dreadful.
Old 07.10.2010, 03:35 PM   #11274
noisereductions
invito al cielo

1. I don't know... I've just watched A LOT of slashers, and to me there's just a certain feel that I get from 2 (and 3) that falls in the realm of perfect 80s slashers. Don't get me wrong -- one is amazing. But it's more serious than 2 and 3. Not that I like comedy-horror, but 2 and 3 walked the line well.

2. CF2 is just lazy writing to me. "think of the grossest shit you can and I"ll put it in my movie! Yaaay! Teenagers like it! Yaaaay!" Just doesn't do anything for me.

3. Again, I give credit where credit's due. It's due on House Devil, just not on CF2.
Old 07.10.2010, 04:35 PM   #11275
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses

Katalin Varga - 8/10
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2010, 05:29 PM   #11276
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses
Rewatched this masterpiece for the billionth time today :

11/10.

TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2010, 07:42 AM   #11277
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

yeah, no complaints from me, every coens film unless it has george clooney in it is amazing!

Old 07.11.2010, 10:28 AM   #11278
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2010, 10:46 AM   #11279
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Old 07.11.2010, 12:33 PM   #11280
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses

8/10. I'm beginning to think that Todd Solondz is a really good director. Life During Wartime is the sequel to his 1998 indie classic, Happiness. It's actually a very good sequel that picks up where the other movie left off but with an entirely different cast (which is a good idea by the way, the characters are still perfectly portrayed). All in all, I think it's funnier than his previous movies and Solondz knows how to write excellent dialogues.

TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
464514554561562563 564 5655665675746146641064 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth