Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page interpol appreciation?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.11.2008, 04:51 AM   #41
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
c'mere good from antics
rest my chemistry, pioneer to falls good from our love to admire

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2008, 10:32 AM   #42
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
untitled rules.

Old 08.19.2008, 10:33 AM   #43
al shabbray

was untitled the first track on the first album?

if yes, that it really rulez!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2008, 10:41 AM   #44
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
obs 1, stella, leif erikson are incredible. i pretty much left that album in my cd changer for over a year and it didn't get old.
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2008, 10:48 AM   #45
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_pl
so.. i've just heard 'turn on the bright lights' album, and it's good, song stella was a driver..., and nyc are the best i think.

yes, turnonthebrightlights is perhaps one of the greatest debut albums ever! such a rough edge, like heroin! it reminds me so much of what was good about the early 90s, and the sound but the vibe and energy. too bad antics was such a horrifying let down of a follow up, thought I really enjoyed the last one, Our Love to Admire, I think it is near equal in calliber to the first, perhaps a Glock.40 to the Glock.357 that was TOTBL

rolland is the best track of them all, especially that "shushh" in the beginning, that and the "shushh" at the beginning of deftones 'be quiet and drive' still give me chills just remembering..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2008, 10:48 AM   #46
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
obstacle i and ii are my interpol favorites. that whole album really never does get old.
Old 08.19.2008, 10:52 AM   #47
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
obstacle i and ii are my interpol favorites. that whole album really never does get old.

thats funny, it really doesnt!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2008, 10:52 AM   #48
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Shhhh
C'mon, c'mon

My best friend's a butcher, he has sixteen knives
He carries them all over the town
At least he tries oh look it stopped snowing
My best friend's from Poland and oh he has a beard
But they caught him with his case in a public place
That is what we had feared

He severed segments and secretely liked that
He always had the time to speak with me I liked him for that
He always took the time
He always took the time

C'mon now pussycat

My best friend's a butcher, he has sixteen knives
He carries them all over the town
At least he tries oh look it stopped snowing
My best friend's from Poland and oh he has a beard
But they caught him with his case in a public place
That is what we had feared

He always had the time to speak with me I liked him for that
He was growing on me
He was growing on me

their best song!!!!
Old 08.19.2008, 10:59 AM   #49
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
i can't stand them they make me wanna puke.

also everytime i cook with rosemary i get that stupid rosemary songh stuck in my head and can't stop singing it
Old 08.19.2008, 11:02 AM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I still enjoy the frst album a whole lot, it rocks in a seething slow burn way

the antics album bores me to tears.

anyone want the vinyl? ha!
Old 08.19.2008, 11:07 AM   #51
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

yeah, only first one is good as whole album.

Old 08.19.2008, 12:53 PM   #52
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
Quote:
me too!

antics is eh good but not that good as turn on..
our love to admire, has good cover and only one song that i like: pioneer to falls, rest is just meh.

with regards to the cover, seems they don't have an original idea in any area...

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...an-coincidence
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2008, 01:12 PM   #53
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

nah, they're not that similiar. only the same animal..

Old 08.19.2008, 01:35 PM   #54
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
Quote:
nah, they're not that similiar. only the same animal..

ok try this one.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...vs-ola-podrida
Old 08.19.2008, 01:57 PM   #55
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

ok this is a copy .

Old 08.20.2008, 03:17 AM   #56
therealglenstyler
stalker

still, as everyone appears to be aware, a brilliant first album.
Old 08.20.2008, 03:27 AM   #57
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
yes ToTBL is great stuff... one of my favorites really... i have such good memories of being 19 and listening to it non-stop... and I met Sam Fogarino 2 days ago, in a record shop, and he is a really nice guy... I hear he has a shoe-gazey new side project with a buddy, who i guess i also met because he said "this is my friend who i'm recording with right now"

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2008, 05:17 AM   #58
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Interpol are laughably bad.
Old 08.20.2008, 05:35 AM   #59
al shabbray

but untitled is great, and their non-interpol-like song
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2008, 05:59 AM   #60
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

the scale from their weakest album Our Love To Admire is surprising good!

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=j1K0uu5dM3M

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth