Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Refusal Of Ripped Ripped reviews :)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.14.2006, 12:39 AM   #1
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
I know this could come off as pretentious, but I assure you it is not! I just like my waiting, and suprises, and the Rather Ripped album I am anticipating with wonder, and therefore no longer will I go to threads about the new album. Have you all no shame! I proclaim, post here for rejecting this leak!!! (that was kinda soap boxy, perhaps I should have posted under a different one of the four) (also, this is simple angst twards all of the rather ripped threads, i am not genuinely concerned however, so bare with my mellowdrama )

(confession of a big dork)

Amaranth
Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 01:28 AM   #2
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
No i am in agreeance with you Amaranth I would rather wait and deny my self the pleasure for a greater payoff when the album is officially released.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 03:20 AM   #3
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
all the people who couldn't wait should think of it like this-
now you have to start waiting for the next sonic youth album.
The rest of us should wait only 2 months for the next album.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 08:08 AM   #4
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
I'm agree with you Amaranth especially about reviews related things .but this situation is like to have an amount of herb in the drawer.... how to dont smoke it? very hard!
next step is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 08:59 AM   #5
Incesticide
the destroyed room

Incesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's asses
Two tracks here :

http://obscuresound.com/?p=60
Old 04.14.2006, 09:14 AM   #6
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Well, I'll be damned. Somebody's already got some tracks on a blog.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 09:24 AM   #7
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
You guys sound like stuck up whiney babies. I understand and respect your decisions to wait and buy albums when they are sold in actual stores, but some of you are way too narrow minded about downloading free music or listening to leaked material. So some people listen to free music. So the fuck what? It's come to my understanding that many of you are snobbish music purists. SOm epeople don't have a lot of money to buy records. Records can be fairly expensive for what they are; small plastic discs with noise on it. Should we deny people with little money one of the best things in life? Come on, don't be so uptight!
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 11:28 AM   #8
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
Hey guy...

We got no problem with free music, but in this case it's available before the album is released...

And, you say "we got no money", and anywhere else leakers said "I'll buy it anyway" ...

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 11:30 AM   #9
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incesticide

Now that's balls.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 11:32 AM   #10
Kursty
empty page

Kursty is as plain as the day is long
at least we're not posting in the Review thread saying how "we not downloading this and you people are sick bastards because you dont support the Capitalist Exchange Model. Who the fuck are you to have a voice , just nibble on your gagball and wait till Kim whips you."
Kursty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 11:37 AM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
I know this could come off as pretentious, but I assure you it is not! I just like my waiting, and suprises, and the Rather Ripped album I am anticipating with wonder, and therefore no longer will I go to threads about the new album. Have you all no shame! I proclaim, post here for rejecting this leak!!! (that was kinda soap boxy, perhaps I should have posted under a different one of the four) (also, this is simple angst twards all of the rather ripped threads, i am not genuinely concerned however, so bare with my mellowdrama )

(confession of a big dork)

Amaranth

Arr. I'm with you. Not because of any ethics, or anticipation, just because I've found that I don't really like listening to Sonic Youth fans opinions on Sonic Youth. They all seem like nice enough people, and I'm sure they'd feel the same about my opinions.

*Edit: Danger of falling back into that tedius "REAL fans don't download" rigmarole that went on on the last board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 01:49 PM   #12
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
my comment has nothing to do with free music, but just the waiting part of it. i guess in that sence i am a "purist".

moshe, that is how i think about it, too !

back to the money thing, i am not anti free music, but if you wait the two more months you could collect the 10-15 to buy the album! just a thought.

i like free music like anyone else though, bootleg shows are da bomb!!!!

amaranth
Old 04.14.2006, 01:50 PM   #13
Amaranth
bad moon rising

lol, next step! have some self control!
Old 04.14.2006, 05:35 PM   #14
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
on the flip side, you could always forgo your internet connection and use that money to purchase music and support the artists that put their souls into making music
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth