Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thuirston talks about teaching summer classes in Colorado
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.07.2014, 08:32 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
He has gone full on hippie beatnik.
http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2..._burroughs.php

and he is still going on and on about Pattie Smith and Burroughs and Kerouac. FUCKING BORING.
Old 08.07.2014, 09:27 AM   #2
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
chogyam trungpa is worth a google

he appointed a successor that is like the evil antithesis of your dad, rob.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2014, 10:48 AM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I have read Rinpoche's writings and other's writings talking about him.

funny how every human loves to get intoxicated.

Trungpa was also known for smoking tobacco and for liberal use of alcohol;[50] many who knew him characterized him as an alcoholic.[51][52] He began drinking occasionally shortly after arriving in India.[53] Before coming to the US, Trungpa drove a sports car into a joke shop in Dumfries, Scotland.[54] While his companion was not seriously injured,[55] Trungpa was left partially paralyzed. Later, he described this event as a pivotal moment that inspired the course of his teachings. Some accounts ascribe the accident to drinking.[56][57] Others suggest he may have had a stroke.[58][59] According to Trungpa himself, he blacked out.[60]
Trungpa often combined drinking with teaching. David Chadwick recounts:[61] "Suzuki [Roshi] asked Trungpa to give a talk to the students in the zendo the next night. Trungpa walked in tipsy and sat on the edge of the altar platform with his feet dangling. But he delivered a crystal-clear talk, which some felt had a quality – like Suzuki's talks – of not only being about the dharma but being itself the dharma." In some instances Trungpa was too drunk to walk and had to be carried.[57] Also, according to his student John Steinbeck IV and his wife, on a couple of occasions Trungpa's speech was unintelligible.[62] One woman reported serving him "big glasses of gin first thing in the morning."[27]
The Steinbecks wrote a sharply critical memoir of their lives with Trungpa in which they claim that, in addition to alcohol, he used $40,000 a year worth of cocaine, and used Seconal to come down from the cocaine. The cocaine use, say the Steinbecks, was kept secret from the wider Vajradhatu community.[63]
Old 08.07.2014, 02:38 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Interesting choice for Thurston in Colorado

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2014, 03:13 PM   #5
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2..._burroughs.php

and he is still going on and on about Pattie Smith and Burroughs and Kerouac. FUCKING BORING.

well, they are *his* cultural references...for kid growing up in the rural Connecticut...personally, I think he should look to Larry Lifeless more.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2014, 04:24 PM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

true. One never outgrows one's cultural references!
Old 08.08.2014, 11:12 AM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Eva Prinz outgrew her Kim Gordon reference and proceeded to replace her as Thurston's cock-warmer!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth