Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Riots in North London
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.11.2011, 04:28 PM   #121
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
The problem with the rioters is they represent the worst in British culture; selfish, obsessed with posessions, unimaginative, incapable of thinking beyond the confines of their own head. Thats why most of them were so dumb they got caught.

they werent all disenfranchised btw, there were loads of people with jobs, apprenticeships, or student courses who still chose to go in there and take shit. Its hard to get upset for the Carphone Warehouse losing profits, but its not like they were distinguishing based on anything other than whether the shop contained the shit they want

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 04:29 PM   #122
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
according to that guy in the video pelle posted, yes.
not only they are stupid but they are born evil, and that's why god made them poor.

that guys actually an atheist, quite famous on youtube for it as well. But he supports UKIP, which explains why he isnt very funny despite the fact hes supposed to be a comedian

Old 08.11.2011, 04:36 PM   #123
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It does. That's why all these three letter things have been hassling you.
actually, I believe it might be the hair. pigs hate longhairs worse than they hate blackfolks. it's my bad luck I'm both (a longhair and a proud black man).

say it loud.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 04:48 PM   #124
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
i was hoping it would get really out of hand and they'd end up burning down buckingham palace.

I'd fuckin love for that to happen. Go for the throat in the moment.
Old 08.11.2011, 05:00 PM   #125
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
The problem with the rioters is they represent the worst in British culture; selfish, obsessed with posessions, unimaginative, incapable of thinking beyond the confines of their own head. Thats why most of them were so dumb they got caught.

they werent all disenfranchised btw, there were loads of people with jobs, apprenticeships, or student courses who still chose to go in there and take shit. Its hard to get upset for the Carphone Warehouse losing profits, but its not like they were distinguishing based on anything other than whether the shop contained the shit they want

I don't think because some people were in it for the sake of it and nothing has been planned or organised that it makes the "disenfranchised" argument any less significant. Or even that they wanted that shit. They live in a world where people are told that they're worth what they can buy. The future does not look promising and more and more rights and prospects have been taken away.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 05:08 PM   #126
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
actually, I believe it might be the hair. pigs hate longhairs worse than they hate blackfolks. it's my bad luck I'm both (a longhair and a proud black man).

say it loud.

It could be your pantyhose sleeves.

Old 08.11.2011, 05:11 PM   #127
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't think because some people were in it for the sake of it and nothing has been planned or organised that it makes the "disenfranchised" argument any less significant. Or even that they wanted that shit. They live in a world where people are told that they're worth what they can buy. The future does not look promising and more and more rights and prospects have been taken away.

Living in a world where consumer culture pressurises you into feeling like you need status symbols (clothes, cars, fashion etc) is not disenfranchisement. It plays on people's selfish nature, but it doesnt make you disenfranchised.

Old 08.11.2011, 05:19 PM   #128
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
if they are that stupid, to fall for marketing and hip-hop music so fully, then they should probably just be put into gas chambers

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 06:02 PM   #129
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
what about the ones who play the accordian?

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 06:17 PM   #130
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Living in a world where consumer culture pressurises you into feeling like you need status symbols (clothes, cars, fashion etc) is not disenfranchisement. It plays on people's selfish nature, but it doesnt make you disenfranchised.

And your point is? It happened because they're all selfish? It had nothing to do with lack of prospects, unemployment, discrimination, the class system or the economy? and being shot by the police being the last straw? It's all about a blackberry phone?

Old 08.11.2011, 06:33 PM   #131
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
And your point is? It happened because they're all selfish? It had nothing to do with lack of prospects, unemployment, discrimination, the class system or the economy?

For most of them, pretty much. These kids are better off economically than i ever was growing up, and the vast majority of them did not go out and smash things up, only the selfish, materialistic few. They looted Foot locker and phone shops because they wanted shoes and phones, not because they were rebelling against society. I know the problems youre talking about, those problems arent affecting those kids any more than they did me and the people i grew up around, its a bullshit explanation.

Quote:
and being shot by the police being the last straw? It's all about a blackberry phone?

Read up on what happened, almost everything that happened afterwards was nothing to do with that, it was opportunism. This is the most shallow, meaningless riot in the history of the UK

Old 08.11.2011, 06:46 PM   #132
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
what about the ones who play the accordian?

spare the talented ones, obviously.

Old 08.11.2011, 06:52 PM   #133
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
For most of them, pretty much. These kids are better off economically than i ever was growing up, and the vast majority of them did not go out and smash things up, only the selfish, materialistic few. They looted Foot locker and phone shops because they wanted shoes and phones, not because they were rebelling against society. I know the problems youre talking about, those problems arent affecting those kids any more than they did me and the people i grew up around, its a bullshit explanation.

Read up on what happened, almost everything that happened afterwards was nothing to do with that, it was opportunism. This is the most shallow, meaningless riot in the history of the UK

Except that it isn't about you when you were growing up.

You can't oversimplify it like that.

But I'm not going to argue since I know now you don't take it so well when people have different opinions.

Anyway, it is ok for the richer people to be materialistic and stupid but the poorer ones have to be more moral and 'dignified'?

Old 08.11.2011, 07:04 PM   #134
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Except that it isn't about you when you were growing up.

You can't oversimplify it like that.

Thats why i didnt, because the rioters are not alien creatures to me, where i grew up was as bad as any place in London today. So it cant just be because of poverty, lack of job opportunities etc. Most of these people are in their early 20s or late teens, im 26. Im not that far removed, and their culture is not alien to my experience

But I'm not going to argue since I know now you don't take it so well when people have different opinions.

I will argue my point, seeing as i live here and everything, and if you dont want to argue back thats your problem

Anyway, it is ok for the richer people to be materialistic and stupid but the poorer ones have to be more moral and 'dignified'?

This was the point you made that i agreed with before, standards are different and its easier to make a tshirt theif look like scum than it is to charge a middle class person who can find a tax loophole.

Old 08.11.2011, 07:33 PM   #135
knox
invito al cielo

Alright, fine.
I can't be bothered.

Old 08.11.2011, 07:34 PM   #136
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
so the right wing press have come out and said that the riots are all the fault of gangster rap and like, while completely ignoring the issues of poverty, unemployment, social stereotypes etc etc etc.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 07:36 PM   #137
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
http://thedailywh.at/2011/08/11/appr...ad-of-the-day/

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 07:40 PM   #138
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
so the right wing press have come out and said that the riots are all the fault of gangster rap and like, while completely ignoring the issues of poverty, unemployment, social stereotypes etc etc etc.

And nobody mentions the man who was killed.
And nobody mentions people who don't have a political voice.
Or how the young people have been getting the worst end of everything in Europe and still being demonised and blamed for every possible thing, while they realise the future will be just as bad.
It's very simple: they're evil and selfish and wanted new shoes.

Lol no 1: http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-...-future-riots/
Lol no 2: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14474429
(100,000 sign petition to have more homeless people and increase crime)

Old 08.11.2011, 10:53 PM   #139
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
A TALE OF TWO LOOTERS

Dazza is a looter
In trainers and a hood
He trashed his local corner shop
He’d learned that greed is good
The CCTV nailed him
The papers called him scum
Now Dazza’s in the barry place
And crying for his mum

There’s no such thing as society
So steal and cheat and loot
Just one thing to remember though -
Make sure you wear a suit!

Bazza is a looter
In brogues, pinstripe and tie
Short selling in the City
He made millions on the sly
He nicked our hard earned savings
Then turned round and said thanks
He got to keep the money -
And we bailed out the banks!

There’s no such thing as society
So steal and cheat and loot
Just one thing to remember though -
Make sure you wear a suit!

When greed’s the creed that breeds and breeds
What else can you expect?
The selfish scum get richer
And communities get wrecked
Some rob us with an iron bar
Some with a ‘puter screen
And when they say it’s ‘legal’
it’s even more obscene.........

Dazza is a street kid
And what he did was wrong
But he probably wouldn’t do it
If he felt he could belong
Bazza's rich and priveleged
He doesn’t give a shit
He takes us for a load of mugs
And gets away with it!
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2011, 11:53 PM   #140
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy

well this was the wrong picture to use.

that kid is white, is wearing a fairly nice hoodie, looks like he listens to rap and could probably find a job if he wasn't being such a cunt all day.

sorry but i don't feel sorry for these assholes. they don't know humility. they don't know that everyone has to kiss ass until they get a job. they want everything handed to them. the only time they act tough is when the cops can't touch them. tough is going to work a job you fucking hate every day. tough is saving enough money to eventually do something you want to with it. tough is kissing the ass of the people who have money until they like you enough to give you a slice.

these kids are fucking pussies and deserve to live in the gutters. fuck them

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth