Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page top 5 nirvana songs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.17.2009, 03:15 PM   #161
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)

i know they played her birthday party last year though. im more curious as to what courtney was thinking during their performance than i am what kurt would have thought.

according to wikipedia, the theme of the party was....get this....suicide.

kurt would have probably been ashamed that she apparently owns more than 137 pairs of shoes & 200 pairs of jeans...even worse, that she wants to act in musicals.

i really loved the elle photos of her taken in 2006 where she was photographed in the pajamas that kurt wore on his wedding day:

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2009, 03:33 PM   #162
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i dont think he woulda cared that she wants to act in musicals. i dont see the big deal w/ that. and considering her status as a rock sars daughter, i dont think 137 pair of shes is all that big of a deal, either. theres plenty of women w/ out that sorta $$$ w/ more shoes than that.

he always said he just wanted a happy child. i dont think he woulda gave a shit wether or not she grew up to be some punk rock cliche.

and those photos were great.

i dont think that he would have wanted her to be a punk rock cliche or anything. idk, i just can't imagine him wanting her to be too involved with too much materialistic shit. but yr right, as long as she's happy.

yeah, those are fanastic.

Old 09.17.2009, 03:42 PM   #163
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
"omg kurdt ttly wrote all cortnys songs lol" is like, soooooo '95, kiddo. it's 2009.

can you even remember 1995?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2009, 03:44 PM   #164
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
kurt, like most others, didnt get into punk rock because he was a happy/well-nourished kid.

really, i think hed be pleased she was considering something like acting in musicals.

ive always worried that shell one day feel as if shes living under a big shadow the world expects her to live up to. i think the most punk rock thing she could do, ever, is just be herself. shes her own person and doesnt deserve to be expected to live in her parents shoes.

i didnt get into punk rock because it was pretty. i got into punk rock because i hated almost everything about everything...i got into it BECAUSE it was ugly/noisy/brutal/"fuck you". i will not be ashamed if my child doesnt relate to that sorta thing, at all. matter of fact, if they did i might feel like a failure as a father.

still, glad i dont have kids.

i actually pretty much agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying here.

she has actually said in interviews that she wants people to wait to apply pre-conceived judgments onto her until she has done something valid w her own life.

Old 09.17.2009, 03:49 PM   #165
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

btw: here are some photos i found on google of her suicide-theme msi party

i remember wishing i looked that way when i was 16.

Old 09.17.2009, 03:51 PM   #166
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i'm inclined to believe kurt cobain lent a hand in writing the music for live through this, and i remain open minded as to whether he was murdered and who was responsible.
Old 09.17.2009, 03:55 PM   #167
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i'm inclined to believe kurt cobain lent a hand in writing the music for pretty on the inside.

they were married in 92. pretty on the inside was released a year earlier.

still, i think that people make too big of a deal out of kurt influencing courtney. i mean seriously, they were married. i'm sure that there had to be some ideas that were exchanged. that's what happens when people live together.

my girlfriend is a musician and i've def helped her out with a couple of her songs. they are still "hers" - however, she's run them by me and i've made corrects and suggetions on lyrics/transistions etc.

Old 09.17.2009, 03:59 PM   #168
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
they were married in 92. pretty on the inside was released a year earlier.

still, i think that people make too big of a deal out of kurt influencing courtney. i mean seriously, they were married. i'm sure that there had to be some ideas that were exchanged. that's what happens when people live together.

my girlfriend is a musician and i've def helped her out with a couple of her songs. they are still "hers" - however, she's run them by me and i've made corrects and suggetions on lyrics/transistions etc.

sorry i meant live through this.
Old 09.17.2009, 04:04 PM   #169
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
sorry i meant live through this

i'm sure it was.

who cares, i love that album. so much.

Old 09.17.2009, 04:30 PM   #170
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

i don't care, i'm just stating my thoughts. the song olympia for example sounds like a swipe of aneurysm for example.
Old 09.17.2009, 04:35 PM   #171
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

^ i was not trying to be rude.

i seriously don't care who wrote that album. i love it. live through this was the first alternative rock cd i ever heard. it holds a special place in my heart.

Old 09.17.2009, 04:54 PM   #172
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

well i liked that record (LTT) a lot at the time regardless of who wrote it, i still think it's ok. i haven't listened to pretty on the inside probably at least 12 or 13 years, all i can remember is the opening line to the first song. i'll pull it out again tonight.
Old 09.17.2009, 05:01 PM   #173
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

my favourite nirvana songs:

01. big long now
01. sifting
02. big cheese
03. hairspray queen
04. aero zeppelin
05. aneurysym
06. mexican seafood
07. endless nameless
08. blew
09. breed
10. drain you
11. scoff
12. swap meet
13. gallons of rubbing alcohol roll through the strip
14. blandest
15. curmudgeon
16. stay away
17. mr moustache
18. tourettes
19. on a plain
20. very ape
21. milk it
22. i hate myself and i want to die
23. heart shaped box
24. marigold
25. territorial pissings
26. mv

also, the jam from the menu screen of the dvd that came in the with the lights out box set is great and probably belongs in my top 7.
Old 07.04.2010, 02:50 AM   #174
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure if I even have favorite Nirvana songs these days.

Occasionally, maybe twice a year, I'll spend a week or so sitting back listening over everything. Probably more nostalgia than anything (even though I still really enjoy the songs). I enjoy listening the progression that was taking place. From the punky teen-angst driven Bleach (Kurt's vocals are spectacular on that album...that scream still goes unmatched as far as I'm concerned), to the the slightly-more-pop Nevermind, to the "I'm angry at all the bullshit going on in my adult life" In Utero (Musically, they were obviously becoming a bit more experimental on that one), to the "fuck everything imma sing pretty for y'all 'cause I'm soon to be dead" Unplugged.

It's all good. Some songs are better than others (Sliver was never a favorite), but that Kurt...he could write some songs, man. Not the most unique band ever as far as the song writing itself was concerned, but Kurt had a shit-ton more charisma than most artists. He had a really interesting/unique way of presenting the music.

Nirvana is one of few bands I can sit back and enjoy watching live footage of.

They were the first band I ever took seriously ('94, same year Kurt killed himself), everything else I got into was a product of my appreciation for that band. Everything went crazy when I finally checked out Sonic Youth @ Kurt's suggestion.
Old 07.04.2010, 02:56 AM   #175
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
lol these fucking courtney love arguments. i will always jump to participate int hem but i find it funny to all the cl detractors and critics... you are giving her what she wants, adding fuel to the attention seeking fire. talk is good, press is good, there is no such thing as bad press remember??? c an anyone even mention the name courtney lve without it sparking some kind of idiot debate whether shes a fit mother, did she do dope when she was pregnant, did she kill kurt, kurt wrote all her songs, no wait he couldnt have, could he??? i heard she hired el duce to wack kurDt for 50 grand, is she or isnt she smoking crack, how many abortions did she get last week, i heard she spent $$4309756305 of kurts money on bean's suicide party, HOW TASTELESS, which nosejob is she on now, her 11th??? puhleeeeze

oh yeah so the whole point of that was are we not over this bitch yet? i like hole but she has done nothing worthwhile in the last decade, save for provide us all with some reasons to point and laugh or shake our heads at

anyway these are not in a significant order

aneurysm
drain you
blandest
negative creep
i like swap meet a lot, and all apologies, and pretty much all of it

nirvana were just great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Cat Cunt
pahahahhahaahhahaaaaa
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2010, 12:14 PM   #176
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Endless nameless
Radio Freidnly Unit shifter
Blew
Spank Thru (Off muddy banks)
Aneurysm ( off With the lights out)
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2010, 12:15 PM   #177
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^that list is too hard.

I forgot Half of In Utero.
Old 07.04.2010, 12:21 PM   #178
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Endless nameless
Radio Freidnly Unit shifter
Blew
Spank Thru (Off muddy banks)
Aneurysm ( off With the lights out)

to gad;gh
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
hmmmm

endlesss nameless
radio friendly unit shifter
moist vagina
spank thru
lounge act?

I dunno. This is actually really hard for me.
Old 07.04.2010, 12:39 PM   #179
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Negative Creep

Uh, can't think of any others, at the moment.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2010, 12:42 PM   #180
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
1. marigold
2. scentless apprentice
3. d7 (wipers cover)
4. return of the rat (wipers cover)
5. man who sold the world (david bowie cover)

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth