Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Death of General Qassem Soleimani
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.05.2020, 03:08 AM   #21
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
Save for your appraisal of Prime Minister Johnson as a "dipshit".

There we go...

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2020, 03:49 AM   #22
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Oh brother

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2020, 04:01 AM   #23
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Oh brother

I know. I had forgotten how insanely jam-packed with irreconcilable schools of thought Schunk's brain is (and I literally mean the insane part).

I'm out.

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2020, 04:17 AM   #24
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

Precisely.

And it's precisely that type of overthinking and assumption that the enemy is going to think just as we do that has emboldened Iran to attack the US and her allies under the presumption of impunity due to the complexity of US alliances abroad. One of the primary reasons that President Trump was elected is precisely his abiluty to think outside the box of the US foreign policy establishment's worldview, as the "experts" so beloved by the New York Times have led this country into disaster after disaster.

In any case, major US cities are hardening themselves against retaliatiroy attacks. There may well be attempts made by lone wolves in the near future, yet the Shiites have a history of retaliating against such insults to their dignity forty days to six weeks (six weeks being forty-two days) after the event, so Western security forces need to keep their guard up through the period including 11 February through 14 February 2020.
Robert Schunk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2020, 05:17 AM   #27
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
This was not an assassination. It was the killing of an enemy soldier in a war.

According to Secretary of State Pompeo, he was not killed because of his past deeds, but because the U.S. became aware of planned attacks by Soleimani on U.S. personnel and others. The attacks were imminent.

Because of this, President Trump was not required to notify Congress in advance. Under his Article Two powers in the U.S. Constitution, and in accordance with the War Powers Act, the president can take military action if a threat against the United States in imminent.

The attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad were not mere demonstrations. They were coordinated attacks on the U.S. compound and its personnel directed by Soleimani and his Quds Forces, in coordination with Kataib Hezbollah in Iraq.

When they chant “Death to America” and “Death to Israel” they truly mean it.

OK, so you're making things much more difficult for me here. (Yes, I, myself, am one of those over-educated types,) Congress has not yet declared war upon the Islamic Republic of Iran. Had Congress so done, the US would then be at war with the Islamic Republic of Iran, and General Soleimani could have been seen as an officer of an authentic lawful belligerent, rendering him subject to the law of war, which prohibits targeted assassinations of enemy leaders. (That's the point I was trying to make when I referred to the assassination of Admiral Yamamoto (a former Harvard student!!!) by the United States during the Second World War, which was, in fact, a war crime.)

However, with the US not currently at war with the Islamic Republic of Iran, General Soleimani is arguably the head of an internationally designated terrorist organization, and, therefor, my argument that an apparently growing consensus within the international community excuses targeted assassinations of leaders of internationally designated (including state-sponsored) terrorist organizations pretty much depends upon the US and Iran currently NOT being officially at war.

I have already discussed the Constitutional and War Powers Act implications of the attack, and will not discuss them further here. Concerning the attack upon the US Embassy to Iraq, I agree with you entirely that Hezbollah, under General Soleimani , were trying to create a repeat of the US Embassy debacle in Iran under the Carter Administration, and that the action against General Soleimani was entirely warranted upon the basis that a repetition of the attempt was in the works.
Old 01.05.2020, 05:24 AM   #28
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.

7:48 PM - Nov 29, 2011

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Polls are starting to look really bad for Obama. Looks like he'll have to start a war or major conflict to win. Don't put it past him!

2:30 PM - Oct 17, 2012

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!

4:43 PM - Oct 22, 2012

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I predict that President Obama will at some point attack Iran in order to save face!

9:23 PM - Sep 16, 2013

Just a reminder. Funny thing is that the people supporting the attacks will be able to mental gymnastics to ignore these tweets and justify Trump's actions

Old 01.05.2020, 05:26 AM   #29
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
OK, so you're making things much more difficult for me here. (Yes, I, myself, am one of those over-educated types,) Congress has not yet declared war upon the Islamic Republic of Iran. Had Congress so done, the US would then be at war with the Islamic Republic of Iran, and General Soleimani could have been seen as an officer of an authentic lawful belligerent, rendering him subject to the law of war, which prohibits targeted assassinations of enemy leaders. (That's the point I was trying to make when I referred to the assassination of Admiral Yamamoto (a former Harvard student!!!) by the United States during the Second World War, which was, in fact, a war crime.)

However, with the US not currently at war with the Islamic Republic of Iran, General Soleimani is arguably the head of an internationally designated terrorist organization, and, therefor, my argument that an apparently growing consensus within the international community excuses targeted assassinations of leaders of internationally designated (including state-sponsored) terrorist organizations pretty much depends upon the US and Iran currently NOT being officially at war.

I have already discussed the Constitutional and War Powers Act implications of the attack, and will not discuss them further here. Concerning the attack upon the US Embassy to Iraq, I agree with you entirely that Hezbollah, under General Soleimani , were trying to create a repeat of the US Embassy debacle in Iran under the Carter Administration, and that the action against General Soleimani was entirely warranted upon the basis that a repetition of the attempt was in the works.

Oh boy a live one up close!

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart/

Old 01.05.2020, 05:32 AM   #30
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Oh boy a live one up close!

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart/

I'm not on Reddit, so kindly copy/paste!
Old 01.05.2020, 05:36 AM   #31
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Just click the link, dingus

Old 01.05.2020, 05:41 AM   #32
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Just click the link, dingus

Your link doesn't work on my 'puter, and your personal invective hardly answers any arguments I've made up until now.
Old 01.05.2020, 06:01 AM   #33
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

The point was that any man who has to say how smart he is is a)not very smart and b)comes across as a dingus

Old 01.05.2020, 06:09 AM   #34
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Quote:
The point was that any man who has to say how smart he is is a)not very smart and b)comes across as a dingus

OK, OK, I get your point and I concede the point.
Old 01.06.2020, 03:16 AM   #35
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
It’s my understanding the killing of General Soleimani was legal under international law. Under a UN Security Council Resolution banning General Soleimani from traveling outside of Iran because of his terrorist activities and ties to clandestine activities:

kidnapping
torture
murder
terrorism

General Soleimani stepped off a plane in Baghdad and his death was legal and our world is better off because of it!

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2020, 05:02 AM   #36
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.

7:48 PM - Nov 29, 2011

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Polls are starting to look really bad for Obama. Looks like he'll have to start a war or major conflict to win. Don't put it past him!

2:30 PM - Oct 17, 2012

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!

4:43 PM - Oct 22, 2012

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I predict that President Obama will at some point attack Iran in order to save face!

9:23 PM - Sep 16, 2013

Just a reminder. Funny thing is that the people supporting the attacks will be able to mental gymnastics to ignore these tweets and justify Trump's actions

thanks. there is a video as well from 2011 Trump saying what he has tweeted right?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2020, 08:31 AM   #37
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
“growing consensus” that targeted assassination is acceptable is only growing in Putin, MBS, Netanyahu and Trimps minds. As growth, it really needs to be excised as a hazardous tumor.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2020, 09:35 AM   #38
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!

8:25 PM - Jan 5, 2020

Absolutely cuckoo.

Old 01.06.2020, 10:36 AM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
the madman theory is starting to wear thin, isn’t it?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2020, 11:00 AM   #40
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Wonkette:

The New York Times reports that the Pentagon gave Trump a whole laundry list of options for how to respond to Iran's bad behavior in Iraq of late, one of which was killing Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani, which was sort of intended to be the OMG CRAZY option, in order to help Trump decide on one of the more normal options. Of course, this is the world's stupidest president, and so he took the world's stupidest option. If they had put "have sex with Jacob Wohl in the middle of Fifth Avenue" as an example of a crazy and stupid way to respond to Iran, Trump would have picked that, because of how stupid it would be.

The Times says the Pentagon "didn't think he'd take it" and that top brass at the Pentagon were "stunned" and "flabbergasted." The Times adds, "In the wars waged since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Pentagon officials have often offered improbable options to presidents to make other possibilities appear more palatable." The Pentagon must be new at this.

OK, we are just wildly speculating right now, because we have seen zero reporting that says Jared Kushner whispered in Trump's ear and told him that, according to his expertise as the official Trump administration Middle East Solver Spaceman Fairy Princess Cowboy Son-In-Law, if Trump did this, he would be greeted as a liberator and it would make his peener look bigger than Obama's and also (implied) Jared's best pal the Saudi crown prince who hates Iran also (shhhhhh) thinks maybe this would be cool and also maybe some of the nuttier squirrel turds in Netanyahu's government (inside voices please!) agree. Again, the news has not said that.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth