Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page video games
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.03.2020, 10:48 PM   #361
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
i've been pouring my heart into learning Tekken combos lately

anything to fight off the daunting nature of reality

would probably be spent memorizing something more useful

but I'll whoop your ballsack with my Paul Phoenix demo man son
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2020, 07:47 AM   #362
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
^Memories of A4 paper with the 10 hit combos of Tekken 2 characters written down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
The Last of Us 1 Multiplayer is my drug of choice. I play it everyday if I can.

The rare example of an online shooter that emphasises patience over quick reaction speed. There's no getting owned by kids high on energy drink there i.e. cod warzone. uff

I've been playing Stranded Deep to relax. However, when searching sunken shipwrecks at night it set off some dormant deep routed thalassophobia I was only partially aware of, probably via denial. Couldn't wait to finish it, twas a truly horrific experience. I highly recommend.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2020, 02:08 PM   #363
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
i've been pouring my heart into learning Tekken combos lately

anything to fight off the daunting nature of reality

would probably be spent memorizing something more useful

but I'll whoop your ballsack with my Paul Phoenix demo man son

ayyyyyyeee

see me in tekken 3 bruh
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2020, 07:35 PM   #364
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
ayyyyyyeee

see me in tekken 3 bruh

lmao, its a date
Old 09.04.2020, 07:36 PM   #365
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
^Memories of A4 paper with the 10 hit combos of Tekken 2 characters written down...

The problems with the longer combos is that they can be very difficult to pull off mid-fight and if you whiff dear lord do these fuckers online know how to punish you in response
Old 09.05.2020, 07:43 AM   #366
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The rare example of an online shooter that emphasises patience over quick reaction speed. There's no getting owned by kids high on energy drink there i.e. cod warzone. uff

to a high extent, yes
but in TLOU it's also not uncommon to encounter players so hyped up you have the feeling they must operate a time-bending machine
but it's an exception

that's also the reason, why me, approaching 40 very soon, can still do quite well in this game

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2020, 07:45 AM   #367
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
The problems with the longer combos is that they can be very difficult to pull off mid-fight and if you whiff dear lord do these fuckers online know how to punish you in response

Mortal kombat 9; I couldn't even pull off a combo in the practice area against an ai that doesn't move. I did try online and needless to say it didn't end well.

Anyway, any purest will tell you that combos ruined fighting games and the pinnacle of street fighter 2 will never be topped. Nothing to do with me being shit.
Old 09.05.2020, 08:03 AM   #368
Diesel
the destroyed room

Quote:
to a high extent, yes
but in TLOU it's also not uncommon to encounter players so hyped up you have the feeling they must operate a time-bending machine
but it's an exception

that's also the reason, why me, approaching 40 very soon, can still do quite well in this game

In my experience if one team is using mics to call out player positions and a spotting loadout then it tends to be a one-sided rinse. The best counter perk was the anti-hearing one which nullifies the ridiculous wall hacking x-ray vision.

It seems the factions sequel release is still a long way off.
Old 09.05.2020, 08:13 AM   #369
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
In my experience if one team is using mics to call out player positions and a spotting loadout then it tends to be a one-sided rinse. The best counter perk was the anti-hearing one which nullifies the ridiculous wall hacking x-ray vision.

yeah, covert training 2 or 3, I know what you're talking about

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 09.05.2020, 02:10 PM   #370
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Mortal kombat 9; I couldn't even pull off a combo in the practice area against an ai that doesn't move. I did try online and needless to say it didn't end well.

Anyway, any purest will tell you that combos ruined fighting games and the pinnacle of street fighter 2 will never be topped. Nothing to do with me being shit.

that's why I don't play anything after SF3. My memory is too shit to remember long ass combos..
Old 09.08.2020, 11:32 AM   #371
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

I was watching some old tournament matches.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulFuriousSoybeanChefFrank?tt_content=url&tt_m edium=clips_api
really proud of this one. I'm the Elena, the chick in the skimpy outfit.
Old 09.09.2020, 07:12 AM   #372
Diesel
the destroyed room

^The visuals look more blocky than SFII?! I'm probably wearing rose tinted nostalgia spectacles.

Inspired by you nutters I attempted to give Street Fighter 5 a go yesterday as it's free on the store. I was instantly left dazed and confused by the flashing lights and talk show-esque hyper presentation. I completed the training and then turned it off before my brain exploded and any punch was thrown in anger.
Old 09.09.2020, 07:27 PM   #373
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
^The visuals look more blocky than SFII?! I'm probably wearing rose tinted nostalgia spectacles.

Inspired by you nutters I attempted to give Street Fighter 5 a go yesterday as it's free on the store. I was instantly left dazed and confused by the flashing lights and talk show-esque hyper presentation. I completed the training and then turned it off before my brain exploded and any punch was thrown in anger.

it appears blocky because of the resolution. That shit is 1080p. If we added scanlines, that might help, but it's a direct feed from the cab.

compare that to this
https://youtu.be/ugLA61NQuqg

If I'm not mistaken, this Sf2 tournament was run on a consolized CPS2 board which can only do like 480p? So I think that might be a factor other than nostalgia

SFV is bad imo. Appeals to a more general player base. While they reduced the input lag, it's still higher than older fighters and gameplay revolves around a delay based netcode and revenge meter....which therefor make setplay the most important strategy rather than a mix of setplay and solid reactions and confirmations. Oh yeah...and how can I forget, COOL COMBOS!
Old 09.23.2020, 01:38 PM   #374
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Tekken 7 because Dr. Eugene.

and I decided to start RE3 Remake last night. Wow. This is a damn awesome game. So much fun. I'm probably gonna try n binge on it a bit more tonight. Also, I was having a bit of an issue getting my PS4 controller to work, so I decided to just go with keyboard/mouse. and damn....not gonna lie, this is pretty damn awesome when it comes to aiming the gun. I've never really played shooting games on PC, but I'm loving this not gonna lie. After this, I'll probably go straight to RE2 Remake and finish Claire's story. Yeah.
Old 09.24.2020, 07:47 PM   #375
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Tekken 7 is chill
Old 01.22.2021, 04:03 PM   #376
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

haven't shared in a minute..lol. Still rockin' these two bad boys. those boxes int he middle are more arcade games(original hardware only bois). But latest additions include 1 player panels and be centered when playing as well as a neater look. I also recently changed buttons and sticks while I clean and refurbish the previous hardware. Also went with the classic pink/green buttons/stick for the 'original look/feel'. Next round of colors will be purple and orange to match the color palette of the cab's design.
Old 01.26.2021, 08:18 AM   #377
_slavo_
invito al cielo

I bought Yakuza 0 for PS4 recently. Great game. I played 3 hours straight, then turned off the console, to return to it the day after.
I did that and to my great surprise I found out that there is NO FUCKING SAVED GAME.
So now I need to start all over again.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 01.26.2021, 11:15 AM   #378
Diesel
the destroyed room

Quote:
I bought Yakuza 0 for PS4 recently. Great game. I played 3 hours straight, then turned off the console, to return to it the day after.
I did that and to my great surprise I found out that there is NO FUCKING SAVED GAME.
So now I need to start all over again.

Oof! That's rough Slavo. Since when has autosave not been a feature, 90's?! Talking of wasted time, I picked up Yakuza Kiwami free from the store after a weeaboo friend recommended the series but I had to quit halfway through after finding out it is a sequel to Yakuza 0. The game itself was all right, quirky weirdness, conversations were a bit drawn out mind, and what I mean by a bit, I mean extortionately too bloody long.
Old 01.27.2021, 05:14 AM   #379
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses

Indie first person shooter, fairly short (a few two-hour sessions should do it, less if you're better than I am) and light on story but has an extremely innovative and cool gameplay mechanic (trust me, you haven't seen anything like it). Tons of fun.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2021, 12:39 PM   #380
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I downloaded Eve Online. Watched a tutorial on youtube. Watched another tutorial on youtube explaining the 1st one. Finally felt ready to play in tutorial mode. Now I can switch one of the engines on (I think)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
161718 19 20 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth