Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Holy Calamity! The (Sonic) Parents Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.08.2006, 10:07 AM   #101
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Two more of me with Vaughn on his day birthday:

hes so adorable!
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2007, 08:08 PM   #102
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Inspired by RdTv, let's have an update on all the Sonic children.

Mine are both doing really well.

Kitty (3) has started ballet lessons, inspired by her hero Angelina ballerina. I don't know how she turned out so girly, because her Mum isn't at all.

Seth is now 3 months old and doing really well after a slightly rocky start to life. He's the jolliest baby I've ever seen. He just doesn't stop smiling. He's next to me now, sleeping while his Mum's in bed upstairs catching up on her sleep (it's about 1am here). I will post pictures, but being the second child, there are far fewer than there were for the first!

And RdTv, how's Vaughn doing?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2007, 09:09 PM   #103
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
He's splendid, enojying life at all times, even when he's a gaseous lad.
He's 4 1/2 months now and will soon be taking his first international trip to Hong Kong. I'm not terribly fond of being on a plane for 12+ hours, but the experience will hopefully yield many a benefit. I'll be sure to get some pics up and perhaps catch a glimpse at young Seth sometime. Cheers.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2007, 07:31 PM   #104
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Have fun when you go to Hong Kong.

I'm sure your boy will enjoy the trip. The frustrating thing is they never remember anything. So take lots of pictures.
Old 03.09.2007, 09:01 AM   #105
Pookie
invito al cielo

I think I've said it before, but you, me and RdTv are the BEST parents in the world.

Nobody else is included, regardless of parenting skills, because you have to continually mention your children to qualify (and preferably start a thread about them at some point).

The new house sounds great for the children, Kegmama. Kellian particularly must love being able to decorate her own room. And Evan's at that age where they start to know what they want!

I'm really hoping to be moving to a bigger house this year. We've got two bedrooms at the moment, and we want three, so that when Seth moves out of our room, he and Kitty won't have to share. And she would love to have a room to decorate however she wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegmama
They make me laugh more than anyone else ever has.
I was putting Kitty to bed one night recently, and after I'd finished reading to her, we were talking and she said something really funny. We both ended up in fits of laughter, until after about five minutes of solid laughing she said, "Dad, why are we laughing?"
Old 03.26.2007, 01:58 AM   #106
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
kegmama your kids look exactly alike.

i'm not mama. i'm the "cool aunt".
Old 03.29.2007, 06:45 PM   #107
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama

Just wanted to post an update in regard to my kids... Kellian's Spring Break started this weekend and she brought her report card home recently, she is so smart! She got straight 4's (1-4 is actually how they grade now, 1 being lowest 4 being highest). Straight O's (Outstanding) in regard to behavior and is reading at almost a 7th grade level! She is only in 2nd grade so this is a huge deal. We are very proud of her.

Mm, I wonder where she gets her intelligence from, .

Great to see Kellian doing so well, you must be really proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Evan is doing great too. He is at a totally cute and fun age. I was originally nervous about having a boy, but I seriously don't know what I would do without him. I don't know if you guys have noticed, (Pookie and RDtV & any others w/sonic youth of their own) but it really is a huge difference the dynamics between a mama and a son and dad and daughter. Evan is a total mama's boy and Kellian is a major daddy's girl. There are just these special different bonds that seem to go along with parenting- And I am loving every minute of it.

My God, it's such a cliche but so true! Kitty's my lovely girl, and Seth's Kate's handsome boy! I don't know why it's the case, but it definitely so is. And we can see that already, with Seth only 4 months old.

I'll post some pictures when I get around to it (ie, find the necessary equipment), but I'll have to start taking more of Seth. Being the second child, there are far less pictures of him than there were of Kitty at that age.

And as Cantanky said, your children do really look alike!
Old 03.29.2007, 07:37 PM   #108
Pookie
invito al cielo

Ok, here's one. Last Sunday in the park. Seth was there, but asleep in his pram. Mum was at home catching up on sleep.

Old 04.07.2007, 04:03 AM   #109
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses

Here's one with Vaughn and his first encounter with a swimming pool

and the other is Me and V at the Palace in Bangkok
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2007, 07:36 AM   #110
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses

Meet my dad. (On the right)
Old 04.09.2007, 07:43 AM   #111
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
And my brother and his girlfriend:

Old 04.09.2007, 10:33 AM   #112
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I know everyone says parenthood becomes a nightmare at 13, but thats when children get fun and you dont have watch them like hawks. Plus my kids probebly couldnt do anything that would shock me. And they can't hate me I would probebly like cooler music than they do.
Old 04.09.2007, 10:37 AM   #113
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
I know everyone says parenthood becomes a nightmare at 13, but thats when children get fun and you dont have watch them like hawks. Plus my kids probebly couldnt do anything that would shock me. And they can't hate me I would probebly like cooler music than they do.

You have children?
Old 04.09.2007, 11:10 AM   #114
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
No I dont im merely talking about how much better i am at manipulating older kids than younger kids. younger kids never listen to me, thay hardly ever seem to understand a word that comes out of my mouth, Older kids from 10 upwards are convinced im cool so do what I say, almost without them realising they are doing it.
Old 04.10.2007, 12:11 PM   #115
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Here is my 2 y/o step-daughter... although she's not my own, I love her like she was... plus she's left handed and loves SY, so she's cool like that too

afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2007, 04:03 PM   #116
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:

Here's one with Vaughn and his first encounter with a swimming pool

and the other is Me and V at the Palace in Bangkok

Hey, smiley baby!!!

Cute as a button; looks like you had a good time on your trip.
Old 04.10.2007, 04:05 PM   #117
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Here is my 2 y/o step-daughter... although she's not my own, I love her like she was... plus she's left handed and loves SY, so she's cool like that too

Welcome to the Sonic parents thread afterthefact, from the Sonic mummies and daddies. How you finding being a daddy?
Old 04.10.2007, 06:33 PM   #118
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Welcome to the Sonic parents thread afterthefact, from the Sonic mummies and daddies. How you finding being a daddy?
I actually quite enjoy it. I have always been good with kids as it is, and Saie (my step-daughter) and I have really clicked. As scary as it is, we kind of think alike
Old 04.10.2007, 06:37 PM   #119
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:

Wow, he looks like a perfect mix of your wife and your mom here
Old 04.10.2007, 06:41 PM   #120
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I actually quite enjoy it. I have always been good with kids as it is, and Saie (my step-daughter) and I have really clicked. As scary as it is, we kind of think alike

It's a good age and really fantastic if you've clicked. That's an important battle won!

And it's not so suprising that you think alike. It's easy for some to forget that children are actually people, with their own personalities and sometimes that personality isn't far removed from an adult's, and in fact probably won't change a great deal as they grow.

And if Saie is anything like my daughter, she must be starting to really assert her personality. It's a nice age for children. Just watch out for the tantrums, which will come if they haven't already, and are also part of their personality.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth