Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page KXLU In-Store Review
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.24.2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Angel Dust
little trouble girl

Angel Dust has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
From Rockonthestreets.com: http://www.rockonthestreets.com/stor...io_072307.html
Old 07.24.2007, 05:45 PM   #2
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
forgive me, but how exactly can a free show also be a benefit show? i know it said they had sponsors, so did radio stations get money, or "awareness"?
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2007, 08:36 PM   #3
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
hmmm no kcrw this time around...cool they're doing new things in santa monica...

in Santa Monica today:
After her personal assistant quit, Lindsay Lohan tried to run down her car in an SUV. The asst's mother called the police, who came and arrested Lohan for DUI and cocaine possession.
but you probably know already

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2007, 09:06 PM   #4
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
That was one of the worst reviews ever, it just exists to promote the cause of the benefit, not to actually inform on the show. Lame.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2007, 11:17 PM   #5
naughtymoose
empty page

naughtymoose has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Yeah, that was pretty lame. Anyway, from what I could see while there, they raised money by selling t-shirts and I heard they were selling some CDs but at raised prices (I heard it was $20 a pop or so). Also, if it was only for awareness, it wouldn't be so bad. I went around the back of the store after the show to see if SY would be there hanging out (they were, btw) and there were a couple other fans there who told me they'd never heard of KXLU before but took all the KXLU stickers, pins, and other stuff anyway. So, the knowledge of it was still seriously spreading, right? And let me spread it out a bit more: KXLU is a pretty damn good station. Look it up.
naughtymoose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 07:20 AM   #6
Sublimedo
empty page

Sublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to behold
here's some pics that i took from the show. theres also a couple available from the freeyradio site.

this one, i didnt take

ahh beautiful jazzmastery

not taken by me
Sublimedo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 07:29 AM   #7
Sublimedo
empty page

Sublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to beholdSublimedo is a splendid one to behold

lee's axes.
Old 07.27.2007, 07:30 AM   #8
Sublimedo
empty page

and of course,

i arrow'd us
Old 07.29.2007, 06:06 AM   #9
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

making the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's asses
what about the setlist?
i'm afraid I didn't find it anywhere
making the drama scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 06:38 AM   #10
Spiritual Amnesia
children of satan

Spiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's assesSpiritual Amnesia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by making the drama scene
what about the setlist?
i'm afraid I didn't find it anywhere

The World Looks Red
Bull in the Heather
Incinerate
Reena
Skip Tracer
What a Waste
Do You Believe in Rapture?
Jams Run Free
———-
Pink Steam

http://www.losanjealous.com/2007/07/...or-kxlu-72107/
Spiritual Amnesia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 06:50 AM   #11
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

making the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's asses
thanks Spiritual Amnesia
making the drama scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 02:14 AM   #12
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
you people with your cameras...don't you ever go to a show and just enjoy it?

man, it seemed like everyone had a f'ing digital camera trying to lean over people to take pictures:/
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 02:24 AM   #13
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
if it's any consolation, i don't think anybody took any pictures of dntel. and yeah, i suppose that's true, but i guess everyone wants their own memory (or something). i watched while my friend took a few pictures (including a great movie of the explosive 'world looks red' opener - dedicated to me - and 'bull in the heather'). SY were having a lot of fun, it was a very bizarre show. i really respect anybody who waited in that line all afternoon...i hope y'all enjoyed it! i was actually expecting a longer set but considering the fire code drama and amount of people crammed in there, i think they rocked the house sufficiently and it sounded fantastic, especially since the soundcheck in the empty store had been a little shaky (mark jammed 'the hexx', though!). if i can figure out how to get those vids on youtube, i'll try...or something.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 02:52 AM   #14
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
i thought it was an amazing show, hands down. couldn't ask for much more considering the circumstances. i used to take pictures when i was a kid and it was great memories and i still look at those pictures in amazement, but it still doesn't keep me from being annoyed. it was bothersome trying to watch the show with people hanging cameras over your head. one person's great memory could also be another person's horrible experience. i guess i can live with a picture or two, but man it was just out of hand, those cameras.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 05:39 AM   #15
Sublimedo
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
you people with your cameras...don't you ever go to a show and just enjoy it?

man, it seemed like everyone had a f'ing digital camera trying to lean over people to take pictures:/

Yeh, I agree. I took a buncha pictures in the begining, but to compliment that, I took 0 pictures at Coachella despite being upclose and 0 at the Greek/DN show. That said, it seemed not everyone there was a SY fan. I overheard some peeps mumble "Oh! They do that "incinerate" song!" Maybe a free show at an Urban Outfitters tantalized them. Superior show though.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth