Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.07.2017, 08:14 PM   #1761
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I’m watching SCHITTS CREEK.

It’s pretty funny.

EDIT: GODDAMMIT. Never mind
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2017, 02:51 AM   #1762
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
thats not pennsatucky.

thats the crazy chick from 12 monkeys

i tried schitts creek, twice, did not like
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2017, 08:14 AM   #1763
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
thats not pennsatucky.

thats the crazy chick from 12 monkeys

i tried schitts creek, twice, did not like

Well. That explains why I had such a hard time identifying her. Thing is I Googled it, so I’m not the only one whose made the mistake.

Goddammit.
Old 10.08.2017, 10:11 AM   #1764
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses

Anyone been watching this? I've just finished episode 5 of the ten there are and it really is something else. The interviews with people from both the North Vietnamese and American soldiers are definitely the highlights.

Just reminds you how much of a fucking mess the whole thing was. With all this, it still impresses me that the Labour government at the time refused to send significant troops there. Full well knowing how much of a cluster fuck the thing was, and also how much worse it was going to get.

But yeah, if you haven't seen it I'd recommend it highly.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2017, 10:32 AM   #1765
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

Anyone been watching this? I've just finished episode 5 of the ten there are and it really is something else. The interviews with people from both the North Vietnamese and American soldiers are definitely the highlights.

Just reminds you how much of a fucking mess the whole thing was. With all this, it still impresses me that the Labour government at the time refused to send significant troops there. Full well knowing how much of a cluster fuck the thing was, and also how much worse it was going to get.

oh hell yeah ive been looking forward to it but it's a little inaccessible at the moment-- they've been charging 50 bucks to "pre-stream it" last i heard

once it's up free somewhere i'll watch it

--

eta: it's now streamable from the pbs website! but i can't stream much at home haaa haa haaa. (this is why i can't watch football). primitive tech! i'll wait for the dvd to hit the library.
Old 10.13.2017, 10:51 AM   #1766
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Utterly mindblowing. Doesn't get much better than watching the episode covering the 4th dimension after a morning spent reading Lovecraft's 'Through the Gates of the Silver Key'.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2017, 11:33 AM   #1767
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

Yes, this was a very enjoyable watch. Perspectives from soldiers on both sides really made it impactful as hell. And I know people around here sometimes can easily shit on NIN type of stuff, but I really thought the Reznor/Ross soundscapes fit pretty nicely. I was a little concerned going into it about them contrasting tonally with the content, but I thought they did a solid job.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2017, 11:54 AM   #1768
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I'll agree with the soundtrack. I'm not a NIN fan AT ALL but I've loved the soundtracks Reznor/Ross has done. The Gone Girl soundtrack was especially great.

What I've loved about it is that their soundtrack isn't in your face. It's there, but subtly adding, rather than overwhelming the scene (see Hans fucking Zimmer)

Old 10.13.2017, 11:55 AM   #1769
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Anyway, off to see Blade Runner later. Will post my much anticipated review after.

Old 10.13.2017, 01:43 PM   #1770
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
read some reviews on Vietnam, so I skipped it. Don't need a rewrite of actual history. Too bad, I guess it has some good points.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2017, 04:43 AM   #1771
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
read some reviews on Vietnam, so I skipped it. Don't need a rewrite of actual history. Too bad, I guess it has some good points.

What did they say? Cos I've seen a lot more great reviews than bad reviews for it.

Old 10.14.2017, 06:06 PM   #1772
Severian
invito al cielo

GLOW on Netflix is off to a promising start. Put it on out of sheer boredom after exhausting Schitt’s Creek (hilarious), and I’m totally in.

Who was it who said Allison Brie was skinny as hell in this show? Because she is. Like... wow. Skeletal. But still gorgeous. Crazy that her boobs popped right out like 5 minutes into the first episode. Like a dream that comes true out of nowhere and in the weirdest of ways.

Ignore me. I’m going through stuff right now.
Old 10.14.2017, 10:01 PM   #1773
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
First re-watch of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend season 2. I want to get caught up in preparation for season 3 that started last night.
Old 10.22.2017, 10:04 PM   #1774
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Started re-watching Stranger Things in preparation for season 2 on Friday.
Old 10.22.2017, 10:56 PM   #1775
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

about to finish the latest bojack and the last available season of the great british bakeoff on netflix.

bojack has been fucking brilliant— always— but they started getting experimental the past couple of seasons. so good. and it’s a fucking cartoon! ha ha ha ha

the great british bakeoff is nice and relaxing but man those comics are always trying to force the most horrible puns it’s embarrassing. nevertheless a pleasant soothing watch unlike anything with gordon ramsey in america (in the uk shows he acts more like a human being).

but anyway.

OH YEAH tried watching american horror story season 1 but it’s just too fucking disturbing. im already stressed out and then that shit just jolts me dead. i only have so much adrenaline.
Old 10.23.2017, 05:23 AM   #1776
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
about to finish the latest bojack and the last available season of the great british bakeoff on netflix.

bojack has been fucking brilliant— always— but they started getting experimental the past couple of seasons. so good. and it’s a fucking cartoon! ha ha ha ha

the great british bakeoff is nice and relaxing but man those comics are always trying to force the most horrible puns it’s embarrassing. nevertheless a pleasant soothing watch unlike anything with gordon ramsey in america (in the uk shows he acts more like a human being).

but anyway.

OH YEAH tried watching american horror story season 1 but it’s just too fucking disturbing. im already stressed out and then that shit just jolts me dead. i only have so much adrenaline.

Yeah, the new Bojack season was incredible and brilliant. New high for cartoons. Suck it, everything else!

And I feel you on AHS.

The third season is not as disturbing, and I actually love the plot and characters from that one. The second season is like... yikes.. wow. Discrubing as shit. So much rape!
Old 10.24.2017, 11:53 PM   #1777
gogologogolo
little trouble girl

gogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be moving to California soon so I've been watching Silicon Valley lately. HBO show by Mike Judge (Beavis and Butthead, Idiocracy). Pretty good show, although it's starting to get a bit formulaic and I'm only on the second season. It's got a pretty sweet soundtrack.
gogologogolo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2017, 05:23 AM   #1778
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogologogolo
I'll be moving to California soon so I've been watching Silicon Valley lately. HBO show by Mike Judge (Beavis and Butthead, Idiocracy). Pretty good show, although it's starting to get a bit formulaic and I'm only on the second season. It's got a pretty sweet soundtrack.

Love Silicon Valley.
Old 10.26.2017, 05:00 AM   #1779
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
re-watching neon genesis evangelion, now with well rounded knowledge of the christian dogma the show references to death and a better understanding of psychoanalysis. the first time i watched it was 2004-ish?

still on a mitchell and webb kick.

probably going to try netflix's atypical next.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2017, 09:53 AM   #1780
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
re-watching neon genesis evangelion, now with well rounded knowledge of the christian dogma the show references to death and a better understanding of psychoanalysis. the first time i watched it was 2004-ish?

still on a mitchell and webb kick.

probably going to try netflix's atypical next.

I’ve never see NGE. I think a lot of people have told me I NEED to watch it, but I haven’t.

I’m actually in between shows so for some reason I’ve been watching this god ducking awful Riverdale show on Netflix (I think it’s a CW thing).

It’s about Archie from Archie comics, and his whole gang, only it’s pointlessly dark and emo and thinks it’s Twin Peaks. Just really bad stuff guys. No clue why I’m watching it.
79868788 89 90919299139 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth