Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page What Will Be The Lead Single off of Rather Ripped ?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.14.2006, 02:12 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Has there been any word or hearsay about which track is going to be the first single for the new album. Im thinking it might be "sleepin around". What do you all think ?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 04:12 PM   #2
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
i'm thinking there won't be one on account of the last three didn't have any.. sonic youth are very much an "album band" these days...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 04:55 PM   #3
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
i bet on Incinerate, although my favorite song is rats
Old 04.14.2006, 05:02 PM   #4
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
what are you talking about ?

"unmade bed" was the first single off sonic nurse
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

Old 04.14.2006, 05:04 PM   #5
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
wtf? i never knew of any singles.. physically it was a single? or just for radio playlists? hmmm... mariah carey and the arthur doyle handcream came out on 7" before nurse...
Old 04.14.2006, 05:11 PM   #6
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

well im not sure if it was an official single, but i do remember that song was leaked way before the full record was and it was the song they played pretty much everytime they went on a show to promote sonic nurse.
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

Old 04.14.2006, 05:22 PM   #7
whorefrost
invito al cielo

so it wasn't really a single then. ok
Old 04.14.2006, 05:23 PM   #8
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
as far as i know the last acual single release by sy was probably sunday. not counting the sweet emotion 7inch you understand....
dont care what the promo track will be, probably the first track! love the arrtwork tho

Old 04.14.2006, 05:24 PM   #9
whorefrost
invito al cielo

the last actual single was mariah carey and the arthur doyle handcream!
Old 04.14.2006, 08:19 PM   #10
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
the last actual single was mariah carey and the arthur doyle handcream!

That was released before the record came out/before it was recorded/before they knew that song was gonna be on the next album. It was a limited release indie split single (500 copies initially, i believe) w/ Erase Errata and not promoted as "the new single from Sonic Nurse." It wasn't released as a cd single and distributed to radio stations etc... I even think it might be a different recording than the one on Sonic Nurse, although I never tried to compare the two. But yeah, the last real single takenn from a new record was Sunday.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 08:54 PM   #11
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Sound like ur spliting hairs. A single is a single is a single, whether its on a cd or not. Right?
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 09:16 PM   #12
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Not splitting hairs at all. "Mariah" was a track initially released on a split single, yes, but its inclusion on "Nurse" a year later doesn't retroactively make the single a promotional device for the new LP (and yeh, it's a different mix). I don't think there were even any promo CDs for "Unmade Bed" or "Empty Page" or whatever, the "Nevermind" single was never released (though there was a video), so yeah--"Sunday" is the last official Geffen single, regardless of the fact that it was a 'real' single w/ multiple b-sides and not just a one-track promo (the implication being that even the latter wasn't created for the past couple of records). Yeah.
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 09:27 PM   #13
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Promo, indie rarity, poodle. It is a single. A split single, released by a label. I agree that its not a single from a record, its a diferant animal but it is a 7inch single.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 03:52 AM   #14
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
nobody's debating that it's a single....the subject of the thread is 'lead singles from [LPs]'...

i suppose, following the chronology of this thread, their last actual single truly was 'mariah', but in terms of singles released for album promotion, 'sunday' seems to be the last.
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 05:31 AM   #15
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
nobody's debating that it's a single....the subject of the thread is 'lead singles from [LPs]'...

i suppose, following the chronology of this thread, their last actual single truly was 'mariah', but in terms of singles released for album promotion, 'sunday' seems to be the last.

cant argue with chris lawrence, he should know...

fuck singles anyway, i cant remember the last one i bought. and i dont count split singles as single releases....... splits are different, as are one track promos!

i do have the 12 wedding present hit parade 7 inch singles tho, proud of those!!!!
Old 04.15.2006, 08:24 AM   #16
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
there was a video for peace attack. doesn't that make it a single?
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 08:33 AM   #17
fictionfriction
little trouble girl

fictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's assesfictionfriction kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i do have the 12 wedding present hit parade 7 inch singles tho, proud of those!!!!

was that from when they released a single every month for a year? quite a cool idea that. i've never really listened to them much but their old guitarist was a science teacher at my school a few years back!
fictionfriction is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 09:02 AM   #18
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
YR all geting way too involved with semantics. Besides, I think that the song they will promote first aka a single, will be Do You Believe in Rapture?
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 10:17 AM   #19
hebbel
little trouble girl

hebbel ain't too shabbyhebbel ain't too shabby
should be "the neutral"...
hebbel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 12:20 PM   #20
whorefrost
invito al cielo

i didn't realise it was a different mix, will have to break out the narnack 7" again... picked it up at an erase errata show in glasgow actually.. i remember when i heard it i was blown away... still am actually... nurse is very special..

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth