Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.29.2015, 10:37 PM   #39781
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
so i think i've decided on fort collins, but if that doesn't work out i have other options too. hopefully i'll be okay. an AFA might not get me anywhere but i'm hoping it'll get me into a good school somewhere so i can continue with my education.

youre the third person i know or tangentally know who has decided to or has moved to fort collins in like, six months. wtf. wherever you go dude, youll get in.

evolghost- that's so cool, interpreting. somewhere in ne florida is the fl school for the deaf whom i'm sure can always use interpreters.
Old 08.29.2015, 10:38 PM   #39782
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
baltimore had 45 murders in 31 days, the month of july. holy fuck. i just watched all of season 3 of the wire and that was the first news story i see online.
Old 08.30.2015, 01:42 PM   #39783
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
It was a poppin summer in Bmore.. kyrie eleison

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2015, 03:24 PM   #39784
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Circuit Of Americas in Austin, Texas

I had never been to a venue that housed a racetrack and concert venue.

For those who enjoy POP music, Pentatonix is sort of a big thing.

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2015, 03:36 PM   #39785
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
so i think i've decided on fort collins, but if that doesn't work out i have other options too. hopefully i'll be okay. an AFA might not get me anywhere but i'm hoping it'll get me into a good school somewhere so i can continue with my education.

yo, krayolas...

been thinking about this post and was going to send you a PM about it but i thought to add, besides my best wishes...

i hope you get to continue working in your music career in CO. education is good, but as someone who got too much of it and also worked in it for a while (and continues to have connections w/ the higher education industry), i should give you warning that education does not prepare you for "the real world". the real world of art and commerce is very different from academia and it follows very different rules. and school can delay your entry into it. so this is just to encourage you to keep connected with the music business in some shape or form while you go to school. that way your education and your work can actually feed of each other, theory + practice.

best,

!@#$%!

ps - bytor who just posted above this has a friend who is a professional musician and if i recally plays with/for kelly clarkson. so i'll assume he makes a decent living. keyboards too, i think? i'd bug him for pointers.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2015, 05:11 PM   #39786
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Frank Zappa made an otherworldy acid trip of a movie about this.

Old 09.01.2015, 01:31 AM   #39787
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

so registered for the clep, and my stepdad offered to help pay my loan by end of the month so i can finally have my goddamn degree. but shit, i hafta call fiu and see if just having my aa would put me in "good standing" there seeing as a transfer requirement for uf is being in "good standing" at any previously attended institution. which i guess makes sense. but ugh. i do not want to do this. i get legitimate ptsd symptoms just thinking about the years 2012 and 2013. and the 2nd half of 2011.
Old 09.01.2015, 01:48 AM   #39788
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Baby steps. Its your life, not a race with anyone else. Like Tupac mama afini shakur said, "fuck the world if they can't adjust its just as well Hail Mary"

Old 09.01.2015, 03:35 AM   #39789
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

oh yeah, i'm very much realizing that finally. i'm very close to content with where i am (i mean, it took my folks long enough to help me out but i wouldn't have loaned me money a year ago, either) but i'm just not very good with baby steps, i guess. how's your night?
Old 09.01.2015, 01:02 PM   #39790
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
so registered for the clep, and my stepdad offered to help pay my loan by end of the month so i can finally have my goddamn degree. but shit, i hafta call fiu and see if just having my aa would put me in "good standing" there seeing as a transfer requirement for uf is being in "good standing" at any previously attended institution. which i guess makes sense. but ugh. i do not want to do this. i get legitimate ptsd symptoms just thinking about the years 2012 and 2013. and the 2nd half of 2011.

damn, friend, it makes me supersad to imagine what you've gone through. but it also makes me happy that you can see clearly and leave that behind.

as for teh ptsd-- is there an indirect way to deal with this. like, email being easier than phone? or maybe getting a letter from a health provider so you can be somehow pardoned?

i know this sounds silly and even spoiled by comparison but i once got a shrink's letter to help me get a desk by a window in an office. SAD is real, yo.

but anyway--medical excuses are medical excuses. maybe approach it that way, rather than something more self-punishing?
Old 09.01.2015, 07:45 PM   #39791
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i have paperwork and documentation explaining the first time i was thrown out of fiu and all the appeal stuff. for the second time all i really have is excuses. i don't have another day off until saturday to really sit down and do all my research.

and did you get the window?

end of the tour was REALLY FUCKING GOOD
Old 09.01.2015, 07:52 PM   #39792
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh hell yeah i got the window all 4 years i was there. it was really helpful. dark offices truly kill me. if i'm indoors i'm always by a window, or i go bananas. i probably wouldn't survive guantanamo without going psychotic.

anyway best wishes sorting that out. maybe some day you can write about it, somehow.
Old 09.01.2015, 08:35 PM   #39793
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
oh yeah, i'm very much realizing that finally. i'm very close to content with where i am (i mean, it took my folks long enough to help me out but i wouldn't have loaned me money a year ago, either) but i'm just not very good with baby steps, i guess. how's your night?

none of us do well with "contentment" indeed is the the penultimate human preoccupation which causes the most harm. the trick is gradually working on it.. indeed being discontented about having a lack of contentment is part of the very same cyclical and cynical pattern!

As for my night, it was epic.. went dancing to my all time favorite live reggae artist and unlike life sometimes he didn't disappoint!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5TUj0EIfbo (this isn't from last night but its same artist same venue)

Old 09.01.2015, 11:28 PM   #39794
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i'm admittedly not a big reggae version, but that's pretty chill.

i have yet to really go out dancing here. there are only a few clubs anyways and they're my sort of crowd, but i'm just not into it anymore.

yeah, i need a window. i prefer dark/winter but i mean, i'm not opposed to a nice day.
Old 09.01.2015, 11:53 PM   #39795
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

As most of yall already probably know..

"I don't like reggae.. oh no.. I LOVE IT!"

Old 09.01.2015, 11:57 PM   #39796
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Dancing to live reggae is so cathartic for me.. i get possessed and have probably caught fame on countless phone videos and you tube clips of, "hey look at this dude!" Since i don't have dreads its probably all the more bewildering and esoteric like, "where did this white guy learn to dance like that?"

Old 09.02.2015, 04:16 AM   #39797
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
So it's come to this: I actually found myself in a situation where I had to reject a person admitting to loving me. I never thought I'd ever have to be in this position. Can't say it feels good, but it was the right decision. When it came to it, it was hard for me to find the right words, because I myself have dealt with unrequited love time and time again. So I know how it feels. I just hope she takes it well.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2015, 06:53 PM   #39798
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

hey, you gotta worry about you and your emotional health. it sucks and it took a long time for me to tell someone the same, that i just can't love them back anymore (well, that's a slightly different case.) and i've been on the other side, and uh that stings right now... like rubbing alcohol on an open wound. but either way, it's life.
Old 09.05.2015, 07:34 AM   #39799
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
It's Fantasy Draft Day
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2015, 11:24 AM   #39800
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses

Last night at the arcade. It was so fucking fun. Literally everyone I play with, minus like 3/4 players, were there. So many good matches in! All these mofo's are real killers and I was doing fairly well. I had myself a nice little streak going then this guy comes in with some girl he's with and started to bragged. He was saying things like, "THIS IS THE PLACE TO PLAY STREET FIGHTER, ALL THESE GUYS ARE MASTERS. I COME HERE ALL THE TIME AND PLAY." Yeah...I've never seen that fucker in my life, and I used to basically live at the arcade....now I'm reduced to at least once a week(twice if I'm being a responsible human). Anyways....life is really fucking good.

EDIT: like 3 more doods showed up a little later.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
1490189019401980198719881989 1990 199119921993200020402090 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth