Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Who has listened to Rather Ripped?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: True or False
True 29 49.15%
False 30 50.85%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04.19.2006, 08:11 AM   #21
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Incinerate, Reena, and a live version of Do You Believe in Rapture. I have no intention of listening to them some more until I buy the album.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 08:17 AM   #22
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, people are either stupid or ignorant.

People like to add, "Oh, I am waiting until it comes out" after they say they have not downloaded it. Why? So they can make those who did feel "inferior" for downloading it.

Why else would anyone say, "I'm waiting until it comes out in the stores"???

Like none of us know it's not in the stores or something.

That's why I say most of you guys are predictable. It's too easy figuring out why you said what.

I really don't care whether you have downloaded this album or not.

What I do care are the people who purposely have to add, "I'm waiting until it comes out" after they proclaim they haven't downloaded it.

But what's funny is that all the people who say, "I'm waiting for it to come out" have downloaded albums before that they never ended up buying.

Maybe it pisses people off to be called out like this.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 09:18 AM   #23
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
I havent heard it and i really want to wait till it comes out, i downloaded Nures before it came out and it ruined the whole thing for me... thats not to say i could see it online and download it in a heartbeat but i want to wait till the realese date, its why relese dates were invented wasnt it??
Either way, there is no question, i WILL be going to a record shop on the release date and i WILL be exchanging some of my hard earned cash for the hard copy...
Old 04.19.2006, 09:19 AM   #24
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
ooow Shoot, I'll even buy two!!!

that was funny!!
Old 04.19.2006, 09:24 AM   #25
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
That's one thing about vinyl that I miss, the ltd editions & colored vinyl. It's the main reason why I got into SY Collecting. Also the same reason why I have test pressings of sister, 3 copies of Evol in all formats, 2 copies of DDN, 3 copies of Dirty(w/ the "dirty photo & the additional songs & extras on vinyl).

I'm definitely buying Rather Ripped and if they come out with some funky vinyl, whether it's colored or added songs, I'll buy that too.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 10:22 AM   #26
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Nurse is overrated. Rather Ripped is better.
Old 04.19.2006, 10:38 AM   #27
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I have no interest whatsoever in hearing a bad quality nth generation stolen copy of music that a little patience will allow me to hear in its intended quality in a couple of months' time. So that makes me "whiny", does it? Well I guess I'd rather be whiny than a twat.

p.s. This doesn't mean YOU...it's for the ones who think it's cool to distribute leaked copies of yet-to-be released material in a forum that the artists who created that material have provided, and think that boasting about having heard it will give them some kind of hip status.

Fuck you, buddy. Re-read my post and then kchris's #23. If it still doesn't make sense we can hire you a tutor.
Old 04.19.2006, 11:21 AM   #28
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Nah, I haven't. I don't mind the wait, and since I've got to hear versions of some of the songs anyway, I feel that my keenness has been assuaged somewhat. The waiting's quite sweet actually, and I'm enjoying the predictions and the bits of info, leaked tracks etc. It's all fun.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 11:40 AM   #29
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)

People like to add, "Oh, I am waiting until it comes out" after they say they have not downloaded it. Why? So they can make those who did feel "inferior" for downloading it.

That's why I say most of you guys are predictable. It's too easy figuring out why you said what.

What I do care are the people who purposely have to add, "I'm waiting until it comes out" after they proclaim they haven't downloaded it.

But what's funny is that all the people who say, "I'm waiting for it to come out" have downloaded albums before that they never ended up buying.

It works both ways, I find it more troubling for those early on here who made a point to let the forum know in a "bragging rights" type of way of "how they were one of the first to here the new album and that its available on soulseek er whatever else..." and then proceed to give us either a fantastic or awful review and descriptive account of every song...
whats the point? why be a "spoiler"???

is that any better?
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 11:43 AM   #30
Pablitzen
the destroyed room

Pablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to behold
i'm still waiting for the official release
Pablitzen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 12:02 PM   #31
mikec
bad moon rising

mikec has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I'm gonna wait it out. I like the anticipation and suspense of rushing home and tearing open that cd and putting the volume to 10 with my headphones on.
mikec is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 12:10 PM   #32
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
nope
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 12:18 PM   #33
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
why listen to Elliott Smith?

Because he's really good.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 12:26 PM   #34
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
Nurse is overrated. Rather Ripped is better.

No, it's not.
Old 04.19.2006, 12:32 PM   #35
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I have heard it just like majority of the people on this thread.

Best SY album in years, I'm already liking it more than NYG&F, Murray Street, and Nurse. When I get it in the store, I'm sure I'll like it more than 1KL.

In my opinion, Jim leaving was a good thing.

I like Nurse and Murray street more.

I wouldn't say Jim leaving was a bad thing.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 01:09 PM   #36
Flen flyys
little trouble girl

Flen flyys has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I have a big problem that it was leaked, but I don't have a problem if people go ahead and take advantage of it and listen to it. Myself, though, I'm just going to wait until I buy it from the store.
Old 04.19.2006, 01:50 PM   #37
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I for one can say, with total honesty, that I have NEVER downloaded an album that I never ended up buying. But, then, I have never downloaded any album that I did end up buying either. I'm not interested in downloading commercially available releases, even those that have gone out of print. If I want something enough, I'll keep looking until I find it.

But I expect you knew I'd say that, didn't you?

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 03:03 PM   #38
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I for one can say, with total honesty, that I have NEVER downloaded an album that I never ended up buying. But, then, I have never downloaded any album that I did end up buying either.
But I expect you knew I'd say that, didn't you?

Of course we expected you to say that. But, then, we never expected you to not say it.
Old 04.19.2006, 03:37 PM   #39
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neongod
Fuck you, buddy. Re-read my post and then kchris's #23. If it still doesn't make sense we can hire you a tutor.
Nope, it still doesn't make sense. When should I expect my tutor? I wouldn't want to be out at the record shop buying records when he arrives.

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 04:53 PM   #40
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Assblaster, him speaky truthy. Amen brother. Although I don't ever want to be caught agreeing with a statement that is serious, honest and sincere again.

More cock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth