Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Just heard Incinerate for the first time!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.19.2006, 06:31 AM   #41
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOREOHSCOPE
Ummmmm yeah OKAY........ this is an internet forum .... Who the hell is going to lie about whether they downloaded it or not?? Some people really haven't downloaded the album and some have....I'm one who hasn't and if thats really not so believeable to you... should i care? I'm not greedy and I can be patient if i want to be, I've heard the myspace songs but thats it.... I dont even know why I am posting this but I started already so I will finish... and yeah King-Buzzo hit it right on the mark.... this guy is always instigating something with somebody....I'm not a 'fucking liar' buddy, I really don't give a shit what some guy on the internet.. who doesn't even know me thinks about me. So if I had downloaded the leaked album I'd come out and say it;... simple as that....BUT most of us are liars so don't believe any of this- I live for having a great reputation even if it means being as fake as I can be... and I downloaded that album as soon as i could get my grubby little hands all over the leaked files;-)

(PS- I hadn't read all the posts in response to KHCHRIS being a jerk so i didn't realize that some of my response is similar to others- but that says something alot of us really haven't downloaded this and we wouldn't lie about it if we had... we have nothing to prove to you..)

The reason why people here lie about downloading is rather simple:

1. Out of "respect for the band"
2. To feel a sense of "superiority" over those who downloaded the album who couldn't wait for the album to come out.

That's why people are lying about it.

Next.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 06:35 AM   #42
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
Just putting the hypocrites to rest, that's all. I could care less if people are downloading the album or not. That's not the issue. The issue is with hypocrites who download albums everyday who lie and say they refuse to download anything on "rather ripped" for the sake of "feeling superior" to those who admitted they do.

I'm quite sorry that was over your head.

thanks for elaborating.
apology accepted.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 06:38 AM   #43
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozZuB-ginK
jesus, don't be such a drama queen. Do you serious thrive on confrontation? why would ppl have to lie about downloading the new SY or not? everyone is just discussing the 2 new songs that SY decided to release on their myspace and you have to turn it into an argument. You should really grow up and get off yr high horse.

I'm just tired of all the fake pretentious fans we have here who are willing to lie just to make themselves feel or appear "superior" over those who downloaded the album who couldn't wait.

If people honestly weren't "trying" to feel "superior", then all people would need to say about whether they heard the album is a simple, "no, I have not downloaded the album".

Unfortunately, people have to lie and make themselves appear "superior" by saying, "No, I have not downloaded the album. I am waiting(like an honest and better fan) until it comes out."

Nobody asked if and when you were going to get the fucking album.

THAT'S how it's so obvious to see people's motives on what they say around here.

Like I said, a simple "no, I have not heard or downloaded the album" was all that is needed in an answer.

The pretentious fake phoneys take it a step further to make themselves feel superior at the same time trying to lay a "guilt trip" on people by saying, "no I haven't downloaded the album, I'm waiting until it is released".

Seriously, if you guys can't really see the reason why people say what they say, then you guys have alot to learn.

I'm not upset at whether or not people downloaded the album.

I'm ticked off at people who take it a step further by rubbing it in those people's faces who did download the album, even though these same people who take it a step further probably downloaded 2 albums within the last week by some band that they're not even going to buy the album from.

Understand?
Old 04.19.2006, 06:45 AM   #44
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Just heard Incinerate for the first time!...and I love it. Although it's towards the more pop sound, the song picks up a little in comparison to most of those on Nurse and Murray Street. It would be great to hear in concert. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

It seems like a fine song - so far I've heard the two versions of 'Sleeping Around' on the vids page, 'Do You Believe in Rapture?' and 'Pink Steam' from the Thurston solo show, and clips on the Thurston Air America radio interview, along with yesterday's show.

'Pink Steam' is the one I like the most at the moment, followed jointly by 'Incinerate' and 'Sleeping Ariound'. I'm very keen to see how the band versions of 'Pink Steam' and 'Incinerate' sound - somewhere someone (I think Chris Lawrence) said that 'Pink Steam' lasts a long time before the vocals begin, which fits with the solo version.

'Incinerate' is very nice, too. The fuzzbox use on yesterday's version was fun!

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 02:09 PM   #45
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
well i am not downloading the record, i've only heard the 2 songs on the myspace page. I'm superior to all SY fans! I respect the band more!! in yr face!!
ozZuB-ginK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 02:11 PM   #46
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
just hearing sleeping around for the first time
live
on radio
now
but nobody seems to care
anyways,
here´s the link to the radio station
http://www.radiofrance.fr/chaines/le...ndex_flash.php
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 02:58 PM   #47
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Sorry to be insensitive...pretend I'm Truncated

Old 04.19.2006, 05:09 PM   #48
Proud Marie
little trouble girl

Proud Marie ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)

Ooooh, was that supposed to offend me? All it did was reaffirm my belief that everything I said was true and you know it as well.
Proud Marie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 11:21 PM   #49
khchris(original)
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Marie
Ooooh, was that supposed to offend me? All it did was reaffirm my belief that everything I said was true and you know it as well.

Old 04.20.2006, 06:54 AM   #50
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Please Khchris Shut up! The Sonic Youth forum is one of the most excellent forums on the internet because people dont spend their entire time slagging each other off! I think it says a lot about the intellegence and open mindedness of Sonic Youth fans. I think I can say without a doubt SY fans are the greatest!

Why do people like you have to create arguments with dumb arse comments! I do not believe, people are lying about it. They just want to wait until the album comes out so the suspense will be greater. Its almost like having your presents before Xmas!....Now drop it!!

I just heard Incinerate on My Space its jaw-droppingly brilliant. I just love the direction Sonic Youth have been going in over the last few albums. I thought Sonic Nurse was without a doubt their best release since Daydream Nation.
Washing Machine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth