Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i saw a dog die today
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.24.2009, 01:55 AM   #1
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
it got hit by a car on a fairly busy road. right through the midsection. when i drove past, it was trying to move its legs but it couldn't. blood was pouring from its abdomen and mouth. i got out of my car and called 911. cars were driving over it (without actually hitting it). it was kind of whimpering, but it made this horrible gurgling sound. it stopped breathing and died before the paramedics arrived.

this just makes me feel terrible.
Old 11.24.2009, 01:58 AM   #2
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
oh my god. if I saw that in person I'd be wrecked for weeks. I'm sorry.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
that's really really sad, i'm sorry
you did what you could and i applaud you for it, instead of being an asshole like everyone else.
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 02:07 AM   #4
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
That poor thing At least it was quick..

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 02:49 AM   #5
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Gruesome. There's been much made about dogs in traumatic circumstances on the internet recently. I'm thinking particularly about the dog-thrown-off-a-bridge incident in Lithuania. Don't know how much I can stand.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 03:29 AM   #6
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
ow, that's so sad.. poor thing.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 05:43 AM   #7
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
That's awful/disgusting. I always stop and pick up dogs when I see them out and about. Poor things. I think if I had a big backyard I'd have many many pets by now. If they don't have numbers on collars I usually end up walking the streets or driving around until I find their owner.

Just can't believe some people, that they can deal with not stopping. It's illegal to leave a dog on the road if you hit it here. Cats for some reason you don't have to stop though.
Old 11.24.2009, 05:46 AM   #8
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Gruesome. There's been much made about dogs in traumatic circumstances on the internet recently. I'm thinking particularly about the dog-thrown-off-a-bridge incident in Lithuania. Don't know how much I can stand.

Yeh some kids did something similar here too lately. It's always (almost) teenage boys. It is a massive trip to me that for some reason males see tormenting other 'lives' as a rite of passage. Mankind sucks. Enslave them all, I say. Women and animals should rule the earth. heh.
Old 11.24.2009, 08:59 AM   #9
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Way back in '90, I was biking across the US. I had just started for the day and a dog came trotting across his yard out into the street to say hello to me--wasn't being agressive towards me or anything. But a truck was coming around a fairly blind corner and hit him. No blood but his was crying for about 30 seconds or so.

It was really horrible--not only that I couldn't do anything--I was riding and couldn't stop the car driver but that I really thought the dog just wanted to say hello to me, wagging his tail as he came...

I'm was more than a bit mad at the owner who let the dog just wander around.

The driver stopped and pulled him to the side of the road and asked if he was mine. Although he was a gruff farmer type (in Missouri, I think), I think he was mad that the dog was loose and got himself hit.

Now, that's pretty much my biggest fear for my dog--her getting away from me and getting hit.
Old 11.24.2009, 09:20 AM   #10
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
It depends on the circumstances. If you were driving down a road, with children present on the pavements either side of it, and an animal suddenly ran in front of you, you only have seconds to decide whether to run it over, or swerve out of its way, risking running over one of the children. Personally, the animal is roadkill if I was in a situation like that.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 02:03 PM   #11
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
That's tragic and would be really hard to handle . So the car that did it just drove off? Well done for calling the fuzz though. One time my brother and I were biking at night. We were on the sidewalk biking uphill, and we encountered two 13 or 14 year old girls pointing at an object in middle of the road saying "ewww...its still moving" and comments along those lines for a freaking entire minute. It was a cat that had got hit n' run over and these girls noticed it but chose to leave it in the street because it was bleeding from the mouth and "gross". As all pet hospitals, SPCA's, etc were closed, we had no way of contacting the owners, so we took it to our friend's place that takes in cats. It miraculously survived, and they found the owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
It's illegal to leave a dog on the road if you hit it here. Cats for some reason you don't have to stop though.

Had no idea about this one, people can be so speciest.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 02:28 PM   #12
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
I had almost the same situation a few years ago with a pregnant cat. I was on my way to work. secured her from the street and tried to stop cars and asking the drivers for help and/or a cell phone (i didnt had one at that time). the cat died while I called the vet.
the pictures I saw followed me for quite a while

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth