Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page This forum has really gone to shit hasn't it?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.11.2010, 06:32 AM   #61
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Derek temporarily stopped listening to Kayo Dot after Mia got with James Gunn
That bitch broke my heart.

God damnnn.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:01 AM   #62
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
Things could be a lot worse. We could be here:
http://www.fanforum.com/f304/
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:02 AM   #63
Remnant Traitor
empty page

Remnant Traitor has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
this forum is special. i feel very comfortable, almost welcome, around here.
Remnant Traitor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:02 AM   #64
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
the people here obviously dont bore you if you continuously come on here to type to all of them.

woah!
Old 08.11.2010, 08:14 AM   #65
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnant Traitor
...as well you should. We Special individuals tend to seek each other out. We are also attracted to sparkly things.
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:31 AM   #66
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I almost never get bored. When I do, it seldom lasts for more than a few minutes. I'm far too ADD for boredom...a pro + a con.

As for this place, it goes through weird phases bordering on thematic from time to time. It's been OK lately, really dig the gun thread.

Once upon a time it was much more music related. The level of musical conversation (SY related + otherwise) can almost be lumped as being equal to the quality of whatever SY's latest album is.

LOTS of musical conversation around the Nurse period...
Seemed to start dropping rather drastically around the time of Rather Ripped...
Picked up a wee bit w/ the Eternal.

I think maybe a lot of younger people started joining...while the ones that have been here a while have just gotten older/changed a bit. Porky has always been kinda the same, but seemingly a bit more bitter than he used to be. I used to be the BIGGEST drunken asshole and there was no middle ground, people either loved my posts (strictly for the absurdity of them...it seemed) or hated them (most fell under this category). Symbol guy seems more comfy with the subject of alcohol than he used to. Maybe he's just long since realized the situation of some people can border on hopeless (haha).

Conversation seemed to get more sexually oriented when a certain person joined. Can't recall seeing him/her on any since my "return". Interesting individual.

I don't know. I love music. As I approach my 30's, however, I'm def becoming more grounded. I'll still give anything a chance, it's just gotten to a point to where I know what I like, and I'm satisfied w/ listening to just that most days. Sometimes on a whim I will challenge myself though. Guess music/girls/god/booze arent the only things on my mind anymore. I become more interested in myself the older I get....analyzing my own thoughts and figuring out my own feelings and where they originated. I blocked this sorta thing out for far too long...music is partially to blame.

Looking at 30 will do that. I don't listen to alot of new music Partially because I know what I like and want to hear so i eliminate things quicker. I do give it a chance and have an open mind on things and when new things come that I like I will listen. I am just VERY particular. I am enjoying the board alot lately I have been downloading and listening more to music yall post (when I can get around the firewall). Only reason I didnt much before is cause I'm at work right now so sometimes I get a bit busy and have no internet at home...just the blackberry which can be limited.I am trying not to be so argumentive because it just leads to pages and pages of rants on my part that end up on a topic that has nothing to do with where I started. I am also calming down a bit more I suppose which is a good thing. Tryin to straighten out certain habits I have.

One does get more interested in thierself with age. You are not exploring your surroundings as much anymore and you realize you need to take a look at the tree in the forest. It is a healthy and natural progresion. I would guess this is why I post about myself alot. I'm caught up in a world in my head and this place is like an out. I never had alot of friends or interesting people around (cept for ryan of course) to talk to. Everyone bores me. But you guys don't so I reallylike the fact that i can bounce ideas off of peoples head and just get a different perspective of who and where I am.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 08:33 AM   #67
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Within a week, how often do you look over SYG without posting anything?

I'm going to guess that, for myself, it's 7-10 times. Probably more.

id say maybe 2 i cant help but want to talk

Old 08.11.2010, 08:38 AM   #68
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
That bitch broke my heart.

God damnnn.
I mean, surely I'm better than some mature rich Troma writer? Hmmm, maybe not.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 10:11 AM   #69
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't come here all the time. I used to though.

exactly why continue if your bored and stop projecting your own failings onto other people, its just comes across as sad.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 10:33 AM   #70
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnant Traitor

remnant traitors are the leaders of the future
Old 08.11.2010, 10:34 AM   #71
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
its smth like 40C outside..
i cant read anything more than few lines.
unsure if those 2 are related.
im not blushing.

i want to come "back" but smth keeps me from really doing it. i was in reality away for 2 weeks and i ll check out more threads tomorrow.

HI NEF!
Old 08.11.2010, 10:35 AM   #72
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I think what is wrong with the SYG forum (if there is actually anything wrong with it other than a temporary lull) is that too many people are talking about techno.

I wanna talk about skronk.
Old 08.11.2010, 10:38 AM   #73
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
i think making a thread about how shit the board has got is totally redundant - would it not be a better solution to go and make some more though provoking, or just silly/funny posts. but since you started one i'm gonna go ahead and throw in my two cents.

i think the board used to be a lot less angry, and have a lot less out and out hate/hate relationships than it does now.

and c'mon, we never have silly threads anymore, remember "was robin hood a real person" and all the boardie soap opera threads?

i don't really post alot but i like knowing that this forum is here and i will always find something to make me think or make me smile - its sad when i don't look at it for a few months and come back and another one of the big posters has disappeared.... then i realise its probably because they've got a life! haha. but i'm not really an internet person, only when i've got a lot of time on my hands, which is rare.

anyway, that was really rambling and unstructured, sorry, but i'm guess i'm trying to say that i feel the attitude of the eboard is different now to how it was a few years ago, but its still a good place - we wouldn't all be posting shit on here if we didn't think so.

anyway, i'm leaving the board, you'll never see me again. don't even bother to pm. it's just too damn boring here.
Old 08.11.2010, 10:41 AM   #74
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I LOVE SONIC YOUTH!!!!

and this is still the least boring corner of the internetssss
Old 08.11.2010, 10:45 AM   #75
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
too many people are talking about techno.

Like, 2 or 3 people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I wanna talk about skronk.

Then, talk about it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 10:47 AM   #76
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Like, 2 or 3 people?

Then, talk about it.

2 is 2 too many

bleep bleep bloop *crash*(repeat 200 times, YOU HAVE A HIT TECHNO SONG!)

ha!

skronk is so delicious. I will start a skronk thread
Old 08.11.2010, 10:48 AM   #77
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
i think making a thread about how shit the board has got is totally redundant - would it not be a better solution to go and make some more though provoking, or just silly/funny posts. but since you started one i'm gonna go ahead and throw in my two cents.

i think the board used to be a lot less angry, and have a lot less out and out hate/hate relationships than it does now.

and c'mon, we never have silly threads anymore, remember "was robin hood a real person" and all the boardie soap opera threads?

i don't really post alot but i like knowing that this forum is here and i will always find something to make me think or make me smile - its sad when i don't look at it for a few months and come back and another one of the big posters has disappeared.... then i realise its probably because they've got a life! haha. but i'm not really an internet person, only when i've got a lot of time on my hands, which is rare.

anyway, that was really rambling and unstructured, sorry, but i'm guess i'm trying to say that i feel the attitude of the eboard is different now to how it was a few years ago, but its still a good place - we wouldn't all be posting shit on here if we didn't think so.

anyway, i'm leaving the board, you'll never see me again. don't even bother to pm. it's just too damn boring here.

dont go lucy i like you i need grls to talk to too

Old 08.11.2010, 10:49 AM   #78
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Rob. You've said some really insane, close-minded, ridiculous shit, but that definitely ranks in the top 5.

I still think that you saying there was no orgasm scene in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist before you had seen the movie, calling Guitar Hero "Rock Star", saying industrial music didn't start with bands like Throbbing Gristle, saying Heat and Casino sucks but Deep Cover is good -- those rank a bit higher. But still.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 10:50 AM   #79
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses
I hope you're not serious Rob, you might not like "techno" music but that's one hell of a stereotype Electronic music is much more than "bleep bleep".

TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 11:07 AM   #80
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

everyone gets their panties in a bunch when their own pet genre is disparaged. chills!

Just one man's opinion.

there is nothing close minded about listening to something, lots of it, making up yr mind that you don;t liek it, then finding something else to listen to.

that is the opposite of close minded.

blee blee blooooppppppp chucka chucak beep beep

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth