Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I saw Polysics for my Birthday!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.23.2008, 04:44 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
And what a birthday it was! I turned 21 yesterday. For the party, my dad flew out from Boston to Tucson to hang out and celebrate with me and my friends. Tuesday night he took us out to the nicest resteraunt in Tucson, Flemmings, where he got 500 dollars worth of steak, lamb, dessert, appetizers, wine (4 bottles), and beer. Fucking great. Yesterday I had class but after he took me to Guitar Center for a present and got me a new peavey amp (75 watts), and some effects pedals (a new wah wah pedal and a feedback compressor), and then of course all the cables neccesary to run everything together. I'm now up to two amps and 5 pedals on my setup, shit is getting LOUUUUDDDDD. Then we went to the record store where I got a new Black Flag and a new Crass tee and he got a Discharge tee. Then we went to the headshop and I got a new bong. Then we hit the bars finally, got stoned, went to Hotel Congress where POLYSICS were playing. It was just my dad and one friend, but Polysics were playing great. Such fucking energy, I couldn't believe it. I was also surprised by the volume. It was very fucking loud, and Polysics are by no means a band I would consider extreme. They really are the a wierder, more lourd, more Japanese Devo. There were some songs I didn't recognize (prolly new record, havn't heard it), but they played classics too, (the place was nuts during "TEI! TEI! TEI). Great B-Day.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2008, 04:46 PM   #2
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
And what a birthday it was! I turned 21 yesterday. For the party, my dad flew out from Boston to Tucson to hang out and celebrate with me and my friends. Tuesday night he took us out to the nicest resteraunt in Tucson, Flemmings, where he got 500 dollars worth of steak, lamb, dessert, appetizers, wine (4 bottles), and beer. Fucking great. Yesterday I had class but after he took me to Guitar Center for a present and got me a new peavey amp (75 watts), and some effects pedals (a new wah wah pedal and a feedback compressor), and then of course all the cables neccesary to run everything together. I'm now up to two amps and 5 pedals on my setup, shit is getting LOUUUUDDDDD. Then we went to the record store where I got a new Black Flag and a new Crass tee and he got a Discharge tee. Then we went to the headshop and I got a new bong. Then we hit the bars finally, got stoned, went to Hotel Congress where POLYSICS were playing. It was just my dad and one friend, but Polysics were playing great. Such fucking energy, I couldn't believe it. I was also surprised by the volume. It was very fucking loud, and Polysics are by no means a band I would consider extreme. They really are the a wierder, more lourd, more Japanese Devo. There were some songs I didn't recognize (prolly new record, havn't heard it), but they played classics too, (the place was nuts during "TEI! TEI! TEI). Great B-Day.

your dad likes discharge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have the most amazing dad ever.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fucking awesome birthday

glad you had such a blast
Old 10.23.2008, 05:16 PM   #4
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
your dad likes discharge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have the most amazing dad ever.

Haha. No dude, he just liked the shirt, he's still kinda goin through like a midlife crisis. It was a cool shirt though. No he's into the Rolling Stones and Sabbath and Blues and then the first wave of punk, he was already in his late 20s when hardcore was going on. He's the best dad anyways though.
Old 10.23.2008, 05:18 PM   #5
batreleaser
invito al cielo

didn't get laid though. i need a girlfriend or something, this "playing the field" bullshit hasnt been working out for me since i was in highschool.
Old 10.23.2008, 05:27 PM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yeah polysics rule live.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2008, 07:30 PM   #7
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck....I want to see Polysics but I can't drive 4 hours on a day between shows.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth