Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Rather Ripped Rulez Dude
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.26.2006, 11:21 AM   #21
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
Hahaha I love this! really! This thead and the wonderful album!

Look its the new album so oh course its gonna be talked about. And if takes one thead or a million does it really matter? I personally don't care because if it makes people happy let them be. Why this thead is interesting is because you all go to a thead that you are not interested in, to post comments saying 'No more rather ripped sucks or rules theads' (in fact some of people post theads telling people not to). Its now become a joke to piss you all off and you still dispite your disinterest you keep coming back and posting! Basic Human Psychology Dudes! Just learn the art of indifference and ignore all 'Rather Ripped is blah blah blah' theads. I personally don't care if people like it or dislike it, I do and thats all that matters....but these theads have become interesting social experiments into why people can't see the obviousness of the way humans react when u tell them not to do something
Erm......while you surely make a good point of the whole thing(got there when i was 5),the general silliness of some of these threads is that they don't exactly say much about the album apart from 'It's good' or 'It's bad'.The problem isn't that people post threads about 'Rather Ripped'(that is an obvious thing this being the creators of the album's website),the real annoyance comes at the lack of articulate discourse that most(if not all) 'Rather Ripped' thread starters bring to the table.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 11:44 AM   #22
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I take your point Porkmarras I really do! But I think its a testiment to the power of music that people get as uptight as they do and sometimes don't express themselves as well as they could do. I may like the record but outside the region of taking a casual interest in other peoples opinions on things for the sheer purpose of friendly discourse It really does not bother me what others think. Some people are under delusions that their opinion is solid fact...well thats fine too! Just don't read or comment on them, the sole reason for these theads now is to piss you off (in a friendly/semi-joke way)
But if you didnt post on them they may not keep popping up, do you know what I mean? Just move on to the next thead

We all know the SY Forum is the one of the best music forums (some are just so moronic its incredable www.ultimate-guitar.com for example or blabermouth) a few theads that in essence say the same thing is the least of our problems
Old 06.26.2006, 07:57 PM   #23
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
I take your point Porkmarras I really do! But I think its a testiment to the power of music that people get as uptight as they do and sometimes don't express themselves as well as they could do. I may like the record but outside the region of taking a casual interest in other peoples opinions on things for the sheer purpose of friendly discourse It really does not bother me what others think. Some people are under delusions that their opinion is solid fact...well thats fine too! Just don't read or comment on them, the sole reason for these theads now is to piss you off (in a friendly/semi-joke way)
But if you didnt post on them they may not keep popping up, do you know what I mean? Just move on to the next thead

We all know the SY Forum is the one of the best music forums (some are just so moronic its incredable www.ultimate-guitar.com for example or blabermouth) a few theads that in essence say the same thing is the least of our problems

I agree...I for one have stopped trying to say things about the music itself because my opinion differs so much from most here that I just get negative rep and make people angry.

So, suffice it to say...RATHER RIPPED RULES!!!!!

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 07:59 PM   #24
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad
That episode of South Park is with CHRISTOPHER REEVES not Stephen Hawking.

I know, my bad. I had that pointed out to me earlier
Old 06.26.2006, 09:41 PM   #25
habibtheantiamericanbitch
bad moon rising

habibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard sucka
you mean South Park made fun of Christopher Reeves? what a dumbfuck show. i've said that since the pilot. the duh-headed simplemindedness of TV viewers (and to some extent its creators) astounds me......

and RR is an okay record. i'll at least keep it as there are several brilliant pieces. but it is not much better than my least favorite 'Dirty' or 'EJSTANS'....each having their own respective brilliant pieces.
habibtheantiamericanbitch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 10:44 PM   #26
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by habibtheantiamericanbitch
you mean South Park made fun of Christopher Reeves? what a dumbfuck show. i've said that since the pilot. the duh-headed simplemindedness of TV viewers (and to some extent its creators) astounds me......

and RR is an okay record. i'll at least keep it as there are several brilliant pieces. but it is not much better than my least favorite 'Dirty' or 'EJSTANS'....each having their own respective brilliant pieces.

Claiming South Park is a 'dumbfuck show' is completely unintelligent and misinformed. South Park uses some of the smartest ways of portraying current issues as jokes. You are a dumbfuck.
Old 06.26.2006, 10:57 PM   #27
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Claiming South Park is a 'dumbfuck show' is completely unintelligent and misinformed. South Park uses some of the smartest ways of portraying current issues as jokes. You are a dumbfuck.

Yeah, it does that, and it's funny. And it makes fun of everything equally. But it doesn't exactly have a point or a valid message.

Old 06.26.2006, 11:01 PM   #28
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Not really a CLEAR point or message but I like to think there is something if you listen.
Old 06.26.2006, 11:04 PM   #29
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
Yeah, it does that, and it's funny. And it makes fun of everything equally. But it doesn't exactly have a point or a valid message.
The creators are self-professed Libertarians, and it comes through in the show. I think it's a decent show; pretty funny.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2006, 09:54 AM   #30
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
It does!
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2006, 06:04 PM   #31
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Rather Ripped is excellent....My attitude toward Pink Steam has totally changed. I used to think of it as a weak song, but now I see a lot of emotion in it...In fact, I would say that the album is very honest and open emotionally....I can't imagine rough, coarse, dimwit hooligans getting this album...you know, people like assblaster.

Old 06.27.2006, 10:37 PM   #32
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Most rough, coarse, dimwit hooligans don't listen to Sonic Youth in the first place. They usually listen to Guns and Roses or some other shitty metal band. But I lnow what you mean. Sonic Youth is largely for those with some intelligence and insight into truly good music.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 06:28 AM   #33
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Most rough, coarse, dimwit hooligans don't listen to Sonic Youth in the first place. They usually listen to Guns and Roses or some other shitty metal band. But I lnow what you mean. Sonic Youth is largely for those with some intelligence and insight into truly good music.

Totally! Thats why people think Sonic Youth fans are snobs (I know a few metalheads and they hate SY fans even more than the music), but its true...like I said compare this forum to Blabbermouth or Ultimate-Guitar they are battlegrounds that kind of prove the point. Im not trying to be elitist or anything but I think SY's music takes a bit of personal investment that most people aren't willing to do. Works like 'Rather Ripped' or to a greater extent 'Daydream Nation' and 'Goo' take repeated listens before they reveil their beauty to you.
Old 06.28.2006, 08:40 AM   #34
fluxequalsrad
stalker

fluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's asses
South Park has an episode about how the Church of Later-day Saints (Mormons) is the stupidest religion on earth... enough said.
fluxequalsrad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 02:25 PM   #35
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Dear God, please grant me the strength to stop clicking on this crap.
Old 06.28.2006, 02:49 PM   #36
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, a typical day on the Sonic Youth board...
There's honestly nothing better to do than sit down after a long day of work and listen to my playlist on random reading about whether south park has humoristic value
Old 06.28.2006, 02:50 PM   #37
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hey inhuman, what is that thing on your signature? it lists songs.
Old 06.28.2006, 02:50 PM   #38
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
The bickering that goes through what look like hundreads of threads can be a bit oppressive not to say downright fucking annoying.Grow up you little shits.

Old 06.28.2006, 02:53 PM   #39
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Ah, a typical day on the Sonic Youth board...
There's honestly nothing better to do than sit down after a long day of work and listen to my playlist on random reading about whether south park has humoristic value
Accidentally Saul Williams's 'Black Stacey' is a fine tune.

Old 06.28.2006, 03:00 PM   #40
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
hey inhuman, what is that thing on your signature? it lists songs.

It lists the last 3 songs that I listened to on my computer, and updates automatically

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth