Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page protest in england for student fees in universities
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.01.2010, 06:33 PM   #101
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I wasn't denying that students like to party.

And I wasn't stating that no young person understands the benefits of (and partakes in....) hard work.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:35 PM   #102
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 06:36 PM   #103
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
And I wasn't stating that no young person understands the benefits of (and partakes in....) hard work.
No, but you were leaning that way with assumptions and generalisations. This argument is getting old, I want some cheese and crackers now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
wow...
Derek's and Glice's asshole must be so tight they hit a high C when they fart.
I'm not really offended considering this is coming from someone who complained about a free preview of the new Sonic Youth album because it was 128kbps.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 06:41 PM   #104
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
sway,

of course i prefer 'fun' over 'homework'. and so do most of my fellow students. this is NORMAL. or do you prefer your job over whatever you do for fun?

but, just like you have the responsibility to go to your job every day, most students are responsible enough to realize that this homework is a necessity to get where they want. we study because we know we'll pass our exams. you work because it earns you money and they won't fire you if you do your job well. we get through the boring assignments because the next one will be more challenging and interesting. you go back to work after a shitty day because it won't always be like that.

it's basically the same thing: we work hard to get qualified so we can do the job we want to do (i want to be able to show the people who want to hire me a degree that states how i have earned a few necessary skills) and you work hard to pay your bills every month.

in my opinion there's nothing wrong with welfare or scholarships. of course people will abuse the system, because that's what people do. but for every lasy bum who just tries to get as much as he wants there is some guy who just tries to do better in life than his parents did before him.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2010, 08:08 AM   #105
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Well, my remarks were not intended to be a reflection of what I do myself...just an observation as to what I see in most others. I chose to have fun as opposed to furthering my education (at least in the way of college, I do enjoy research on some topics in my free time). Rare? Not at all.To date it hasn't had much of a negative effect on me either. Who knows what tomorrow holds?

I agree that most students realize that whatever degree they are working toward is necessary to achieve whatever it is they want to do, yes. I'm not challenging a notion as to wether or not one should/should not go to college.

I don't think there is anything wrong with welfare, just those that allow it to be abused (+ it is, a lot). And I DEFINITELY do not see anything wrong with scholarships as many work hard to earn them. To me they are a better alternative than "free school for everyone". Even if most took advantage of it, eventually the value of whatever given degree would be watered down. It's not completely absurd to think one with a Ph.D could find his/herself working in an auto-salvage. But, sure....we might have a "more intelligent society".

I just find it odd....we are talking about countries that are better off because of free universities...all the while these very countries seem to be on the verge of insolvency.
Old 12.02.2010, 08:27 AM   #106
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
imagine that all students who are studing LAW
are prepared to make an end to fraude and corruption
promoting tranceparency
of what is going on with peoples taxmoney

is that not the reason they study all those years

there platform will be one with camera's and digital information from bankaccounts

looking forward to that

in the meanwhile everywhere are camera's and people have digitalpassports
there are irisscans and other scans
DNA evedence

and ofcourse your own eyes
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2010, 08:39 AM   #107
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
posted by such friends are danegrous
-don't disrespect peoples' culture because you think you may be more cultured with your pseudo-poetic posts here, and I see the lil homiez have never run up on you (probably not sway either ) in front of the corner store and repped they district on you before.. when that day comes you just may be a bit more courteous to their perspective, lest they point the strap and you pose and freeze and suddenly find Jesus

that is yust an example of fear of death and you're looking for a way out
and i enjoy your fear
or how your mind is confused by this

i don't like to go back where it all went wrong
as you have studies as you say you also know the DNA trace of the homosapien
IT WAS AFRICA
human have fears and so animals have fears
if you enjoy this you are terrorising
terrorising means
pushing people back with a message YOU HAVE TO FEAR ME

this don't work
Old 12.02.2010, 09:06 AM   #108
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray

I don't think there is anything wrong with welfare, just those that allow it to be abused (+ it is, a lot). And I DEFINITELY do not see anything wrong with scholarships as many work hard to earn them. To me they are a better alternative than "free school for everyone". Even if most took advantage of it, eventually the value of whatever given degree would be watered down. It's not completely absurd to think one with a Ph.D could find his/herself working in an auto-salvage. But, sure....we might have a "more intelligent society".

i think our scholarship systems are quite different: here it is enough to have parents whose annual income is below a certain level to get part of the money you spend on school back from the government. however, if you fail too many classes, you can lose it or you will get less money. all you have to do is apply for one and prove that you need it.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2010, 09:12 AM   #109
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
ideally,
you shouldn't have to pay anything for knowledge

ideally,
knowledge shouldn't have anything to do with your name written on a paper you may or may not choose to hang on the wall

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2010, 09:15 AM   #110
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
i think our scholarship systems are quite different: here it is enough to have parents whose annual income is below a certain level to get part of the money you spend on school back from the government. however, if you fail too many classes, you can lose it or you will get less money. all you have to do is apply for one and prove that you need it.

I had a music scholarship and lost it because my grades were plummeting. THis is when I was going to school full time and working full time to pay my bills. I thought I could handle it but I could'nt I remember falling asleep when I was driving because I would stay up doing homework or practicing. Ended up dropping out for awhile after I missed my final exam in piano class because my car broke down.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2010, 09:26 AM   #111
gast30
invito al cielo

back to the basic
EVRYONE CAN STUDY
THE POOR AND THE RICH

THE BRAIN DOESN'T FUNCTION ON PAPERMONEY OR DIGITALMONEY
THE BRAIN FUNCTIONS ON OXYGEN

IF EDUCATION IS DENIED BECAUSE OF MONEY
THAN THIS IS FINANCIAL TERRORISM TO THE POOR
WHO CAN WACHT FROM A CORNER HOW THEY ABUSED THE TALENT
OF MODERNHUMANS TO KEEP THEM DUM TO KEEP THEM OUT FROM A BETTER LIFE

A SHAME TO THE HARD WORK OF THE PIONEERS
WHO WORKED HARD FOR EVERYONE'S GOOD
Old 12.02.2010, 09:28 AM   #112
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
ideally,
you shouldn't have to pay anything for knowledge

ideally,
knowledge shouldn't have anything to do with your name written on a paper you may or may not choose to hang on the wall

agreed....ideally.
Edit*

knowledge can be free, and for most it is if they seek it.
Old 12.02.2010, 09:41 AM   #113
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I had a music scholarship and lost it because my grades were plummeting. THis is when I was going to school full time and working full time to pay my bills. I thought I could handle it but I could'nt I remember falling asleep when I was driving because I would stay up doing homework or practicing. Ended up dropping out for awhile after I missed my final exam in piano class because my car broke down.

that sucks.
i got a music scholarship too.
at some point i had to stop going because they would find out i lied about reading sheets.
but your story is better.

Old 12.02.2010, 09:46 AM   #114
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Hahaha I think your story is better Yeah it sucked pretty bad my mom ended up dying during that semester too so I was a little burned out with life at that point. I picked myself up and went back though with a different major and paid for every cent of it.

Old 12.02.2010, 10:04 AM   #115
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I'm not really offended considering this is coming from someone who complained about a free preview of the new Sonic Youth album because it was 128kbps.

You mean that slap in the face to Sonic Youth and their biggest fans from Matador?? You would have to be a moron to think 128K is "acceptable" for an advance purchase stream.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2010, 10:55 AM   #116
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
You mean that slap in the face to Sonic Youth and their biggest fans from Matador?? You would have to be a moron to think 128K is "acceptable" for an advance purchase stream.

GET OVER IT

Old 12.02.2010, 11:05 AM   #117
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Yes Please Get Over It

Old 12.02.2010, 11:17 AM   #118
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Universities are obsoletes in modern countries.
You can have access to thousands of books, tons of informations once you have the internet. (and it's cheaper)

What do universities provide that can't be found on IN?: grades! degrees!
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2010, 11:18 AM   #119
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Jobs. You have no chance in certain feilds without grades and degrees.

Old 12.02.2010, 11:31 AM   #120
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Universities are obsoletes in modern countries.
You can have access to thousands of books, tons of informations once you have the internet. (and it's cheaper)

What do universities provide that can't be found on IN?: grades! degrees!

this is a really thoughtless statement. where do you think research takes place?
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth