Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page There are many inspiring users on Twitter...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.23.2010, 01:58 PM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
anyway, I think it's one of the reasons I love my girlfriend.. she wouldn't accept a friend request from someone like that, and she doesn't have a facebook because of shit like that.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2010, 07:55 PM   #22
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
MY EXISTENCE IS NEBULOUS

brb ice kreem & ramonez lol
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2010, 08:30 PM   #23
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
by ice cream and ramones i mean tacos and new order
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2010, 08:45 PM   #24
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Facebook is a convenience when used properly!
this.

if you find facebook annoying, most likely, you've chosen to surround yrself with annoying people on there. in which case, you're a moran and deserve every trivial status update and farmville request that comes yr way.

facebook is just a website, gyuz.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2010, 04:28 AM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, except my complaints had nothing to do with status updates -- that you can block/hide -- or farmville requests -- which you can also block. It has to do with not being able to hide your friends list. It's a privacy issue!

Old 02.24.2010, 04:32 AM   #26
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
facebook = good (unless you have 5000 friends with only 10 people your really know or care about in yr list)
twitter = shite and useless
myspace = half-dead
Old 02.24.2010, 04:52 AM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Myspace was technically the best of all those sites -- there is privacy (!), it's simple, there's no farmville, etc. It still has all those features, but people gravitate towards the lamest things, all the time, and so myspace has had to try to rip off facebook to try to get ahead, and they've betrayed what made them so great to begin with. Myspace band pages still rule, and myspace lets you hide your friends list, and they make it a chore to add friends (often having to enter their last names, or their email addresses, before a request gets sent) -- THAT IS GOOD.

Don't really know what a twitter is, seems like status updates from facebook about shit people don't care about.

Old 02.24.2010, 06:53 AM   #28
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
To syrfox regarding how facebook apparently isn't "inclusive": You can't even hide your friends' list on Facebook. To me, that's the EPITOME of a privacy issue.
but then again that's one of the primary concepts of social networking. sure, it might be ridiculous but that's the main point. note that - as far as i know - most sites of that kind don't allow you do this either. on facebook, you can choose not to display your friend's list to people that are NOT on your friend list, so i don't see where the privacy issue is: if you don't want people to see your friend list, just don't add them as your friends.

Quote:
A lot of my friends don't want to be seen, or know to be on there. You can make yourself invisible on searches.. er, you USED to be able to.. probably not anymore... so, why not make yourself invisible on friends' lists?
you're still able to do this; and no one compells you to even put your real name on? i mean, if they don't want to be known to be on here, why not just use a nickname? in fact, i myself was under the name "Aurélien SyrFox" for a while on there because i did not want that everyone knowing my real name could find me (eg my father, who i've not seen in 3 years now and don't want to see again, yet is on facebook), so only people "in the know", knowing my nickname could find me. now i don't give a fuck, though, which is why i'm under my real name. and i'm actually practically sure you can make yourself invisible - not totally invisible, but not displaying your name. sometimes when i look at someone's friend list some people would appear with blank pics and no name at all - and you can't add them as friends themselves. i don't see a major privacy issue there.

Quote:
Oh, and you can't hide your activities, they're all displayed until you MANUALLY remove them. Now, I don't do 5404808486 things on FB a second like some people do, so I don't have a lot to remove, but it's still annoying as fuck. Privacy issues out the ass. Oh, what else... I don't like how google brings up facebook pages, either.
well i don't know, but nearly every app i use asks me to confirm whether or not i want them to publish something on my profile. it must depend on the app, though, and i do not use a lot of them anymore so i'm not quite sure if that's still the same.

i agree twitter is useless though, except for news and stuff maybe. i don't see the point in making one to tell your life.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2010, 07:03 AM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

All I'm saying is, there used to be a way to make your friends list invisible. There isn't now. That's stupid.

Old 02.24.2010, 02:56 PM   #30
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
I use Facebook to remind me about gigs and events I'd otherwise forget about and for playing chess. Pretty much everything else is blocked/hidden because I have absolutely zero desire to know about every banal detail in the lives of people I only know tangentially.

Oh, and I've adopted a "one-in, one-out" policy too, so whenever another friend gets added, I take pleasure in looking through my friends list and giving someone the boot for whatever trivial reason seems justified at the time. 'sbeen working out pretty well.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2010, 04:27 PM   #31
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Atsonicpark, the biggest networker of the internet, complains about facebook. Man, you are pathetic. You also seem like a nice dude, since the amount of information you put on the internets sometimes indicates as such. But who are you, really?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2010, 04:31 PM   #32
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Ha.

It just seems like common sense to have an option to hide your friends list. You used to be able to. There are people on my friends list who don't want anyone else to know they have a FB. I'm not secretive, but plenty of people I communicate with are. FB just creeps me out, though, gives me a weird vibe...

myspace >

Old 02.24.2010, 04:33 PM   #33
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Atsonicpark, the biggest networker of the internet, complains about facebook. Man, you are pathetic. You also seem like a nice dude, since the amount of information you put on the internets sometimes indicates as such. But who are you, really?

i don't get this. if he's "the biggest networker of the internet" does that not make him even more entitled to complain about facebook?
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2010, 04:35 PM   #34
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I think what he's saying (and I'm probably wrong -- it's hard to tell with GABE) is, he thinks I, of all people, should be using Facebook to my advantage, to advertise whatever I want to advertise, since it's the biggest site on the internet.

But, actually, I've met less people interested in my shit on FB than any other site I've ever been on, because people on FB are mainly interested in the status of some chick with huge tits going "I GOT A NEW BRA"

Old 02.24.2010, 04:36 PM   #35
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

*3626626 people like this status.*

Old 02.24.2010, 04:41 PM   #36
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

A vasovagal episode or vasovagal response or vasovagal attack[1] (also called neurocardiogenic syncope) is a malaise mediated by the vagus nerve. When it leads to syncope or "fainting", it is called a vasovagal syncope, which is the most common type of fainting.

Old 02.24.2010, 05:29 PM   #37
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
lol farmville.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2010, 01:34 PM   #38
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Ha.

It just seems like common sense to have an option to hide your friends list. You used to be able to. There are people on my friends list who don't want anyone else to know they have a FB. I'm not secretive, but plenty of people I communicate with are. FB just creeps me out, though, gives me a weird vibe...

myspace >
Well, they should just delete their accounts and use emails, txt messages or whatever mean would be necessary to comunicate with their friends in a more secretive way, then. Not that hard a thing to do, is it?
Old 02.25.2010, 01:45 PM   #39
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Apparently, it is. The irreducible ontological unit is pontifical in its ubiquity. What are the truth conditions of necessary truths? How can we come to have justified truths about modalities of qualified propositions? Arguably all else must be non-sanguine, seldomly maximal. Modality, therefore, is or isn't alethic. It is to this all correctivity is elevated.

Old 02.25.2010, 02:14 PM   #40
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Exactly. Even though, you know, I could easily start a page on facebook to prove that I can find more than one million people who don't care at all about atsonicpark's thoughts about facebook. And it would be very easy.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth