Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.20.2017, 04:40 PM   #3081
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
so, who's the Russian spy sitting behind Melanoma here?

why, holy fuck! It's ROSA KLEBB (from Russia with Love) The spy with the "shoe dagger"

ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2017, 09:54 AM   #3082
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
After five months in jail, Dr. Jumana Nagarwala, the Detroit-area Muslim doctor accused of mutilating the genitalia of “countless” young girls, was released on a $4.5 million unsecured property bond Tuesday.

Despite the horrifying charges Dr Nagarwala faces, she has supporters - 17 of which have offered to put their own homes and assets on the line to free the doctor from jail until trial, a trial by the way – that is being watched closely all over the country.

“They have uncovered an underground network of human mutilators that are trafficking their children across state lines,” she says.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...?autoplay=true

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/13/u...m-cutting.html
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2017, 10:14 AM   #3083
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
After five months in jail, Dr. Jumana Nagarwala, the Detroit-area Muslim doctor accused of mutilating the genitalia of “countless” young girls, was released on a $4.5 million unsecured property bond Tuesday.

Despite the horrifying charges Dr Nagarwala faces, she has supporters - 17 of which have offered to put their own homes and assets on the line to free the doctor from jail until trial, a trial by the way – that is being watched closely all over the country.

“They have uncovered an underground network of human mutilators that are trafficking their children across state lines,” she says.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...?autoplay=true

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/13/u...m-cutting.html

^ yeah this was definitely a deeply unsettling thing, and I have no idea how to talk about it. But it’s certainly fucked up, and it’s the kind of story that makes me question the degree to which I actually understand how different cultures do/should interact. I’m not qualified to speak on this shit. But of course my (possibly naive) opinion is that it’s horrifying.

I’m not sure what this has to do with Donald Trump though.

ETA: WOW that WXYZ story is piss-poor!! Holy mother of Jesus, it’s just too bad for words. But, like, it IS words. Checkit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXYZwhateverthefuck
DETROIT (WXYZ) - A shocking decision came in federal court Tuesday to release a Detroit-area doctor accused of mutilating little girls until trial.

So basically, A) WXYZ is saying the decision is “shocking” and the act is “horrifying,” and you know you’re reading a good unbiased source when you see value statements and modifiers all over the goddamn place instead of quotes. Right?
And B) she’s accused of “mutilating girls ... until trial.” That is a charge I have never come across myself. And a weird one at that. Not to be indelicate, but this story is its own kind of mutilation.

(There’s more crappy writing in the “article,” so take a look if ya want a larf.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2017, 12:33 PM   #3084
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
^ yeah this was definitely a deeply unsettling thing, and I have no idea how to talk about it. But it’s certainly fucked up, and it’s the kind of story that makes me question the degree to which I actually understand how different cultures do/should interact. I’m not qualified to speak on this shit. But of course my (possibly naive) opinion is that it’s horrifying.

I’m not sure what this has to do with Donald Trump though.

ETA: WOW that WXYZ story is piss-poor!! Holy mother of Jesus, it’s just too bad for words. But, like, it IS words. Checkit:

So basically, A) WXYZ is saying the decision is “shocking” and the act is “horrifying,” and you know you’re reading a good unbiased source when you see value statements and modifiers all over the goddamn place instead of quotes. Right?
And B) she’s accused of “mutilating girls ... until trial.” That is a charge I have never come across myself. And a weird one at that. Not to be indelicate, but this story is its own kind of mutilation.

(There’s more crappy writing in the “article,” so take a look if ya want a larf.)

You've read a newspaper before, right?

And tbh, I don't know how you can be unbiased about FGM. Just other cultures do it doesn't mean you can't denounce it to hell and back. Cunts who do this shit should be strung up.

One of the worst excuses I ever hear anyone say is "oh, but that's their culture". As if that absolves anyone of this sort of thing. These people think they're being liberal and open-minded when actually they come across as total fucking morons.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2017, 05:56 PM   #3085
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
FGM doesn't need editorializing, it's so awful. I think that's why the editorializing is so suspicious. Frankly, pieces like that make me wonder what the real story is and I go in search of a better source.

But yes. It makes me feel gross to say it, but Western culture is kinda sorta better than some others. Sorry. But it is.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2017, 09:08 PM   #3086
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
You've read a newspaper before, right?

And tbh, I don't know how you can be unbiased about FGM. Just other cultures do it doesn't mean you can't denounce it to hell and back. Cunts who do this shit should be strung up.

One of the worst excuses I ever hear anyone say is "oh, but that's their culture". As if that absolves anyone of this sort of thing. These people think they're being liberal and open-minded when actually they come across as total fucking morons.

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH...

FGM IS horrifying, awful, disgusting, inexcusable, no question. But NEWSPAPERS should NOT fucking say that. Its actually an extremely important part of the whole journalistic writing approach. An editorial or opinion piece can go nuts with this shit, but it’s the opposite of news to fill a news story with loaded modifiers and value statements. It’s antithetical to the entire practice.

Have a quote from someone who says it’s awful. That’s what a journalist would do. You absolutely do not, EVER, write value-statements in a way that makes it seem as though the NEWSPAPER has an opinion.

Yes I’ve read newspapers. I work for one. Fucks sake dude. I’m not defending FGM, I’m attacking shit journalism.

And it’s true that I have no experience with the culture, so I can only offer a one-sided opinion on it all. Even though that opinion is that it’s gross and horrifying and inexcusable.

I’d lose my job if I wrote an article like this.

Don’t put words in my mouth, fam.
Old 09.21.2017, 09:12 PM   #3087
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
FGM doesn't need editorializing, it's so awful. I think that's why the editorializing is so suspicious. Frankly, pieces like that make me wonder what the real story is and I go in search of a better source.

YUUUP.
Old 09.22.2017, 06:44 AM   #3088
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Deep down the list of amendments is No 1096, which aims to “prohibit multichannel video programming distributors from being required to carry certain video content that is owned or controlled by the Government of the Russian Federation”.
Submitted by John McCain on behalf of Lindsey Graham, both of whom are veteran Republican hawks, the provision says a distributor working in US jurisdiction “may not be directly or indirectly required” to carry video content that is “is owned, controlled, or financed (in whole or in part) by the Government of the Russian Federation”.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2017, 09:04 AM   #3089
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Right wingers are ready to protect all the women from scary immigrants, just ask em
Old 09.22.2017, 09:25 AM   #3090
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Right wingers are ready to protect all the women from scary immigrants, just ask em

Right-wingers are totally ready to protect women from everything, including pesky decision making and the ability to obtain positions of power. Super chivalrous.
Old 09.22.2017, 10:06 AM   #3091
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
au contraire ...

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2017, 11:18 AM   #3092
ilduclo
invito al cielo

odor contrail
Old 09.22.2017, 01:27 PM   #3093
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH...

FGM IS horrifying, awful, disgusting, inexcusable, no question. But NEWSPAPERS should NOT fucking say that. Its actually an extremely important part of the whole journalistic writing approach. An editorial or opinion piece can go nuts with this shit, but it’s the opposite of news to fill a news story with loaded modifiers and value statements. It’s antithetical to the entire practice.

Have a quote from someone who says it’s awful. That’s what a journalist would do. You absolutely do not, EVER, write value-statements in a way that makes it seem as though the NEWSPAPER has an opinion.

Yes I’ve read newspapers. I work for one. Fucks sake dude. I’m not defending FGM, I’m attacking shit journalism.

And it’s true that I have no experience with the culture, so I can only offer a one-sided opinion on it all. Even though that opinion is that it’s gross and horrifying and inexcusable.

I’d lose my job if I wrote an article like this.

Don’t put words in my mouth, fam.

I dunno. It's tabloids. That's their way of writing as moronic as it is. Fact is, there's such thing as unbiased media. Some are just better at hiding it than others.

The Daily Mail here is the perfect example of a paper trying act high class when it's nothing more than gutter press.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2017, 02:52 PM   #3094
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Wow. I'm surprised at how emotional I got when I heard about John McCain effectively killing a shitty health care bill.

He'll no doubt do something soon which will piss me off, but right now, I feel like getting some chick pregnant and naming the kid after him.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2017, 06:19 PM   #3095
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wrong thread rob

demasiada mota! xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I wish. no hay suficiente mota!!!!!!

Rob speaky the Spanish? I did NOT know that. (Well, technically it's Castilian, as "Spanish" could also mean Galician, Catalan or seriously weird shit like Basque).

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2017, 06:41 PM   #3096
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Rob speaky the Spanish? I did NOT know that. (Well, technically it's Castilian, as "Spanish" could also mean Galician, Catalan or seriously weird shit like Basque).
el estado en españa no es multilingüe

y no te burles de tus ancestros que según unamuno la república de chile fue creación vasca.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2017, 07:16 PM   #3097
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
el estado en españa no es multilingüe

y no te burles de tus ancestros que según unamuno la república de chile fue creación vasca.

YOW! I didn't mean my post to mock Spain (again, didn't even know Rob was Spaniard or a Spain resident or who knows what) and all I said about the Basque language is that it is "weird" (Wikipedia: "Linguistically, Basque is unrelated to the other languages of Europe and indeed, as a language isolate, to any other known language."). Dontcha fly off the handle, Symbols. That frying pan will boomerang the heck back to you.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 09.22.2017, 08:15 PM   #3098
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
YOW! I didn't mean my post to mock Spain (again, didn't even know Rob was Spaniard or a Spain resident or who knows what) and all I said about the Basque language is that it is "weird" (Wikipedia: "Linguistically, Basque is unrelated to the other languages of Europe and indeed, as a language isolate, to any other known language."). Dontcha fly off the handle, Symbols. That frying pan will boomerang the heck back to you.
no man. castilian is spanish. lengua es imperio.

robigator is a nuyorican by birth, tejano by adoption

where the hell have you been for the past decade or two? these are known facts

mira ésto (y ya no jodas con las tildes que me limpio el culo con la academia)

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inmi...vasca_en_Chile
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2017, 08:28 PM   #3099
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:

Look, just because you posted it, I'll read it, BUT... Dude. Dude! I come here to get AWAY from this shit. And wretched shit like a certain musical group you recommended that I don't even have the stomach to mention so let's just say it rhymes with "high bass". To the fiery pits with all that. I cannot live in that world. I would disintegrate molecularly. So I come to this sanctuary. To play. With my toys.

Old 09.22.2017, 10:18 PM   #3100
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

OK, back on topic, from The Washington Post:

A short history of 'dotard,' the arcane insult Kim Jong Un used in his threat against Trump

"It's pronounced dō-tərd (as in DOE-turd), and searches for the term spiked following Kim's statement, Merriam-Webster noted."

Priceless...

105145152153154 155 156157158165205255 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth